Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    'All over it!'

Finally it's in my hands......

Hi all, well after a prolonged period, I finally have my grubby hands on my XL Helius FR in jungle cammo. All looks good and pictures will follow shortly

"Its All Good"
    Hey, stoked for you bro.... Now we need pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah ha.... Am loving mine, gets better each ride........
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Yo dude, we need pics!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lornibear
    Hi all, well after a prolonged period, I finally have my grubby hands on my XL Helius FR in jungle cammo. All looks good and pictures will follow shortly
    Congratulation! It is some special with a Nicolai and I wish you many good and happy rides with your Helius.

// Miche

'All over it!'

Some pictures for you all......

These are all I can muster at present. Having a few technical problems with editing software. Have some full shots if anybody can help with the editing?
    Attached Images Attached Images

'All over it!'

After my last shite photography......

Here are some others.....I need a new camera!
    Attached Images Attached Images

'All over it!'
    I am still waiting for a few components, but here it is as is. You can now see the difference in the gussett behind the head tube due to being an XL frame.

It was kind of dissapointing at first, but it has grown on me and can't wait to ride it.

'All over it!'

Many thanks...

Yo thanks Miche, it's been a long wait what with the xmas period, but even now, it's certainly worth it. The quality and workmanship that goes into a Nicoali is indeed very special. Happy hills

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    That is gonna look sooooo nice.
    Congrats on the delivery.
    Now the long wait for all the bits to come in.

"Its All Good"
    Looking great, that Camo is so cool.... In the flesh it looks magic.... Yes the head gusset is a little different.. Still looks good though Lorni, more will be the surprise. I have had this on a few bikes too, most pictures etc are of Medium frames. When I got my MotoLite, same thing...

It will grow on you....

Lets hope your bits arrive from the US of A quickly... You will be chomping at the bit to ride her.....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

'All over it!'
    It has grown on me. Initially I wanted to cry as I had been looking at yours drooling for the two weeks prior, but I love it. Hopefully the axle conversion and seatpost will be here tomorrow. I will try to post more pics when she is fully built. I reckon about 35lb, but to be honest, I don't care. It's my do it all rig.

Whafe, when purchasing your Ti spring, did you get the same rate as steel? my spring rate is 2.25 x 700lb, which is a massive rate. RCS only go up to 600lb. Any ideas or know where I can get one for my size? I might ask Err as he is the font of all knowledge on the business side.

mtbr member
    lornibear.. im stoked for u that is minnnnt

Ill love to hear how that CCDB treats you.. would love to get one but they cost 700 over here ($1400) No idea how they can justify adding $600 just to send it over to the uk!!!!

Where did you get urs from?
    Last edited by Karve; 01-04-2008 at 01:22 PM.

'All over it!'
    Hi Karve, many thanks for your kind words. I got mine in Ripon UK from a place called Moonglu. They ordered it through Extra and it was shipped over from N Carolina. They are expensive but got offered a deal which was really good. However, in retrospect, Err could have got me one much cheaper in the US.
    I am in the market for an ST next year, so after the way he looked after Whafe, I am switching and going to get the frame and the shock from Blacksheep Cycles. This is not to detract from the service I recieved here in UK, but the price in the US is so so much better with the added bonus of complete customer satisfaction. Where you at in the UK?

"Its All Good"
    Lorni, not sure on spring weight when changing, Err will answer that pronto...

Karve, that is just a joke 700 quid, sheesh, day light robbery.....

Give Err a PM, he will sort something out for sure.....

Lorni, you will love the FR as a do it all rig, exactly my build theme and it is working a treat....

mtbr member
    Where you at in the UK?
    Im Epping based but ride all the time round Leith hill and Dorking and visit Chicksands now and then. Do the trips to Wales and Scotland as and when I can.

Ive ordered my FR to deal with the riding that I have planned this year which includes all day stuff over here.. Alps Enduro Downhilling, and a trip to Whistler. You wont believe the amount of DIYing that i have had to agree to doing, to get sign off on all of that

How about urself.

Ill drop Err a bell - bike bits are silly money over here at the mo!

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by Karve
    lornibear.. im stoked for u that is minnnnt

Ill love to hear how that CCDB treats you.. would love to get one but they cost 700 over here ($1400) No idea how they can justify adding $600 just to send it over to the uk!!!!

Where did you get urs from?
    Yo! Give me a shout if you need a CCDB, the shipping is expensive but it still works out well in your favor.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    It has grown on me. Initially I wanted to cry as I had been looking at yours drooling for the two weeks prior, but I love it. Hopefully the axle conversion and seatpost will be here tomorrow. I will try to post more pics when she is fully built. I reckon about 35lb, but to be honest, I don't care. It's my do it all rig.

Whafe, when purchasing your Ti spring, did you get the same rate as steel? my spring rate is 2.25 x 700lb, which is a massive rate. RCS only go up to 600lb. Any ideas or know where I can get one for my size? I might ask Err as he is the font of all knowledge on the business side.
    Hey man, just shot ya a PM but for the benefit of others, typically you do not change the spring rate when changing from Ti to Steel. Many are of the opinion that Ti springs are slightly more supple, but I can not scientifically confirm this. I'll put in some calls and see what I can find for ya in a 700lb spring.

a tight kick sound
    Stunnning frame Lorni!
    Absolutely beautiful

Enjoy the ride and lets get some action shots.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Wow. Looks great. I think I actually like your headtube gusset better...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

'All over it!'
    Hey Karve, next time you are near chicksands, look me up as I only live around thirty minutes from there. If you ever see my Nic there, I will probably be somewhere in the undergrowth or in a heap as my jumping skills are not good. Hopefully with the Nic, I can improve.

Drink...sleep
    That camo colour looks pretty hard-core, I like it. Living in Cambridge myself, without a car, but will look into buying a rusty old cheap Volvo so I can join you guys in Chicksands (might as well do that before I get my Nic, seeing delivery might take a while). 'Cause as you know, trains are absolute rubbish here.

'All over it!'
    Hey there Boozzz. Currently in Brampton just up the A14. Let me know when you fancy Chicksands, it's only about 30 mins from here. I agree with the train service here, shocking, especially with a bike and kit.
    Have you placed your Nic order yet? what model? where are you ordering from? PM me and let me know where you are in Cambridge and we can sort something out.

Drink...sleep
    Hey there Boozzz. Currently in Brampton just up the A14. Let me know when you fancy Chicksands, it's only about 30 mins from here. I agree with the train service here, shocking, especially with a bike and kit.
    Have you placed your Nic order yet? what model? where are you ordering from? PM me and let me know where you are in Cambridge and we can sort something out.
    Hi lorni, I usually try to go riding every weekend, if the weather's alright that is Yeah, don't want to think about taking my Nic on the train, with people with rusty bikes coming in and just slamming theirs against mine.

I ordered a Helius FR as well, just before Christmas, from Gravity Sports in Scotland (Dipper, here on the forum). Hope it'll be here soon (haven't got my hopes set too high though, reading about average delivery times), but for now my Cannondale will have to do. Good enough for Thetford Forest I'd say, though it's a bit dodgy on the jumps, with usually a not so nice over the bar feeling.

mtbr member
    Hey boozzz what options have you gone for on yours?

What cannondale u running.. i have an SL and whatever I try its so over the bars its nuts on jumps.. good on twisty single track though so I might keep it for that after the FR arrives.

Drink...sleep
    Hey Karve, running a Prophet SL as well. Indeed fast when on the ground (though a bit flexy), but when jumping, ouch, not only over the bars, but also the feeling it'll break. I did recently install a stiffer spring in the Lefty which made jumping and descending bombholes (only fun to be had, with the lack of hills) a bit better and less wallowy, but unfortunately also a bit too harsh on the trail.

For my FR I've opted for a custom paintjob (pearly white; experiment here, Nicolai haven't done this colour before), a 1.5" HT, Chainguide mounts and a 12mm thru-axle. Can't wait

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast