Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Eurobike 2008 Nicolai pics

Just found some Eurobike pictures with Nicolai's ... most of them are pretty self-explaining. I'll post more as I find more. If someone got some more, just post them up.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    nice!

wyrd bi ful rd
    very nice ...

steep fast and loose :)
    AM in the first pic looks small. Loads of standover too.
    Monarch + Lyric - Nice to know...

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lecht_Rocks
    Monarch + Lyric - Nice to know...
    Also: if you look very close, you can see the AM has that tapered head-tube. At least I think it looks like it's tapered.

a tight kick sound
    Sweet pics, thanks!

Why is the front ring on the belt drive bike soooo damn close to the frame? And how in the hell does that bloody thing (belt) go on and off there?

That helius AM with hammerschmidt is friggin amazing!!

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by boone

Why is the front ring on the belt drive bike soooo damn close to the frame? And how in the hell does that bloody thing (belt) go on and off there?

well there seems to be a small gap on the lower part of the dropout...... on other belt drive bikes usually the whole dropout is removable...

wyrd bi ful rd
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    ... well there seems to be a small gap on the lower part of the dropout ...
    20080902 belt drive frame dropout MTBR FORUM.jpg

i wonder what frame is that ... and how wide is the belt ... it will be wierd without the chain noise I know the belt on my old fatboy lasted a hellouva long time ...

20080902 fatboy MTBR FORUM.jpg
    Last edited by chinaman; 09-03-2008 at 02:03 PM.

"Its All Good"
    Bit of yummyness all round really...... yes the belt drive would be really quite, that was the freakiest thing about my GBoxx TFR, was just how quite the bike is, takes some getting used to....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

banned
    I will be out there sometime shortly. Depending on how the net connection is, I may or may not be able to post until I come back, sometime in the middle of the night on Sat. At that point, I'll have spent nearly 24 hours on the road in three days, all of your ungrateful asses.

"Its All Good"
    Aaarrrrrggggggghhhhhh JC, we are indeed grateful for your dedication to us all.... We just may have odd ways of showing it....... But yes 24 hours is a long drive......
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

banned
    Yep, I have to drive from nearly the Czech Republic to the West of Germany, then from there, head south with my party, and camp and party for the night.

Luckily, we're all heavy metal fans, so Celtic Frost, Testament, and death metal will rule the radio.

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Yep, I have to drive from nearly the Czech Republic to the West of Germany, then from there, head south with my party, and camp and party for the night.

Luckily, we're all heavy metal fans, so Celtic Frost, Testament, and death metal will rule the radio.
    Yep, it is awesome how much the Europeans are into Metal, its all good.... Actually just been listening to Devil Driver - The Last Kind Words....

Travel safe.....

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chinaman
    i wonder what frame is that ...
    It's a Nicolai FMXTB.

That young dude on the bike is btw (i guess) the youngest N-"sponsoree". Check out his site: http://www.moritz-bauer.com

Everbody who have had contact with Falco from Nicolai via Email or phone and wondered how the face to that voice looks like:

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Testmaen
    That is what I was waiting for

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    2 more pictures from http://www.singletrackworld.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Bionicon/Nicolai B-Boxx

Gary Fisher looking ridiculous.

Quick promotion for a very nice looking German made disc-brake:

Unfortunately no "nice" picture from a coloured caliber, therefor a picture from their catalogue:

Link: http://www.trickstuff.de/

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    A nice little video presentation with Falco and Nicolai's lineup for 2009. Only in German though.

http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread.php?t=355877

"Its All Good"
    GF, you said it, was he in fancy dress.......

Nice pics of the B Boxx. I like it already...

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Testmaen
    A nice little video presentation with Falco and Nicolai's lineup for 2009. Only in German though.

http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/showthread.php?t=355877
    So, it took me a while to watch the video. Not so much new: FR stronger frame for Totems/66's, ExtraLove ano parts, a gazillion colours available, Helius AM.

From ~3:30min on Falco explains the Gates drive on the FMXTB and how they solved the problem getting the belt "in" the frame. On the FMXTB prototype is a gap between seat-/chainstays, in serial-production they will change it to changed yoke, where the belt can be fiddled in. In addition to that Nicolai is a development partner for Gates, the belt is available for all gearhubs (Alfine, Rohloff etc.) singlespeed as well, all necessary parts (pulley, belt etc.) can be ordered over Nicolai and they take over the complete Europe marketing for Gates.

Pretty much at the end Falco said something interesting, that all the models where it makes sense (Helius AM,FR,ST, ION ST) can be ordered with a Hammerschidt OEM.

"Its All Good"
    Thanks Testmaen for doing a brief and a translation for us.... that last sentence is indeed a good take away though.... Good to see..... I want to hear some more real time riding on the HS before we all wade into it..... Also by the time the bugs are ironed out, the B Boxx will be here...... Yeah ha

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I heard from Nic UK last week that the AM is HM-ready straight out of the box. Kind of interesting, since I'm assuming it'll need ISCG mounts, and I'm not seeing them on any pics (hence assumed it'd be a paid for option). Something i'll be considering though for the future.

You're all right about GF too - he is looking like he missed the fancy dress party alright! (much like his '09 range of bikes!)

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    More ...

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast