Thread: delivery time

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

delivery time

How much longer would a custom geometry helius st take over a regular one. going on holiday to the alps in august could i expect it to be here by then?

steep fast and loose :)
    no.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    thanks, i thuoght that might be the case, i just wanted xl length in the top tube with either medium, or large height on the seat tube. tho i will just go for the xl

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    my standard ST took about 10 weeks

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    my lbs said 12 weeks to be safe, going to order it in feb so will have pleanty of time for delays. just have to decide what coour to have it now. was thinking black ano and gold same as my old fr, but the i am liking kawasaki green with red linkages and stickers, or maybe white with red linkages and stickers....

mtbr member
    kawa green with some red bits and white 888's or 40's. Geen, white and red go great!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    unfortunatly going for totems, or maybe some solo air boxxers which can be got in white, but will probably stick with the totems, however i might get some i9 wheels with red huibs and spokes on flow or mavic 721 rims

'All over it!'
    Sounds as though this build is going to be a peach Ian.. just out of interest, how tall are you to warrant the XL? I am 6ft 4 and have the large Helius FR

'All over it!'

Wrong.....

Quote Originally Posted by lornibear
    Sounds as though this build is going to be a peach Ian.. just out of interest, how tall are you to warrant the XL? I am 6ft 4 and have the large Helius FR
    I have the XL helius FR

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    i am 6ft 3.5 i sent you an email regaurding your xl fr

'All over it!'
    I remember now. In hindsight I am glad I got the XL. If I were to buy an ST, I think I would go XL again. Really looking forward to seeing it...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    you will have a long wait.....tho it wiwll be worth it

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    light turquoise works really well.....my CC is that colour. I think naked is another good option like Whafe's Ion.

mtbr member
    My helius fr (xl) was ordered in october 10th. 14 weeks ago, and still waiting
    Just can`t wait a day....
    First i thought a tailor made frame, then i went back to xl frame. I`m 6ft 4 and my standower is 2.9ft.
    Last edited by jiipee; 01-17-2009 at 02:59 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Well talking about delivery time, my lbs rang simon at nicolai and he said for a custom frame the wait will be the same as a standard frame, 8-12 weeks....

LOL believing Simon @ Nicolai

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    LOL i have faith in him
    Last edited by ianpinder; 01-29-2009 at 05:58 AM.

Distributor
    Standard and custom frames are made in the same production run so choosing custom does not lengthen the delivery time (unless the alternative is a frame we have in stock). Nicolai rotate production between the frames but at the moment for Helius models we're seeing delivery times of 6-8 weeks.

I'm not sure what "The Lecht Rocks" is referring too above. His AM may have taken longer because it was ordered before the model was fully in production. He is currently waiting for a Monarch shock and was told they would arrive in Germany at the end of January *at the earliest*. Since Rock Shox ship by sea from Asia delivery times are not exact and the shock then needs to get to Nicolai and to his dealer. LOL WTF TLR
    Simon Still
    Momentum Distribution
    www.nicolai-uk.com

Fat & Single
    ..... so at the very best, i have 2 weeks to wait + delivery to Oz .... maybe 3-5 weeks

im keen as !!!! to get it but was prepared for the wait, if i get it within another 6 weeks which is 10 in total i'll be super happy .....

Im waiting for Dipper to post some pics on my thread

Then i'll know the game is nearly over.
    Evil Following
    Trek 9.9 Superfly SL
    IndyFab Deluxe 29
    FM190 Fatty
    Pivot Vault CX
    Cervelo R3 Disc

from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Hi Simon,

Nice to hear re. the delivery times as i too am in the process of deciding whether to pull the trigger on a tailored AM - I do love my current frame but would really like to change some small details and asthetically the colour.

I'm sure any past delays etc were just misunderstandings so i do appologise for any flaming - Its would just be nice to see your emails have content like above

Its just frustrating after spending alot of dosh to get the *impression* your email/question is unimportant, but after reading other peoples comments after meeting you at the recent demo rides i'm SURE its all just one big misunderstanding, from now on if i have a question i'll give you guys a call.

Would be nice to see a Nicolai rep. on the forums more often but i know how it is, everyones busy - was great when Karl showed his face some time ago too!

Visit - www.gravity-sports.co.uk - Exclusive high end MTB Products

@ Simon Still, Nicolai UK :

fukkn 'ell - i email you and get a repeat response,, correlated with only your name , yet when you're fingered on the forum, you give a 5 sentence reply combined with acronym's and suggestion....
    tell you what, let's deal with our dirty laundry in public, from now on then, as it obviously elicits a better and more direct response than the email system..........as for confidence in the UK importer, then you've done me a great service in deciding against another Nicolai purchase, and considering I've marketed the sale of at least 4 Nicolai's in the North of Scotland in the last 8 months, imagine the consequences of that......

it's a great product, backed up with the most abrupt and disturbing customer service i've yet experienced in the bike trade.

your turn, and be advised i have copies of your email[s] available to post where i deem appropriate

from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    oh my! eeek maybe i've been a bit soft lol well at least compared to that brain fart!
    Visit - www.gravity-sports.co.uk - Exclusive high end MTB Products

"Its All Good"
    In regards to having a Nicolai Team Member response on this forum, the question was aske by myself to Nicolai via email and in person. Falco at this point cannot dedicate the time, that is not to say that this will not change in the future. Falco does spend considerable time on the German Forum, so no go at this point for MTBR...

It is a little sad to hear some posts of poor service, but this is what the forum is for. I have no issue with negative feedback as long as it is honest and not personality driven lets say.

I myself have had only great service from the Nicolai team, do have 4 Nicolai's, so have experienced a fair amount of contact and service.... The wait time for me has been 7 months for a frame, so am well connected to the feeling in waiting.... It is easier said than done, but the wait is worth it, but that feeling only comes to fruition once the frame arrives....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    The wait time for me has been 7 months for a frame, so am well connected to the feeling in waiting.... It is easier said than done, but the wait is worth it, but that feeling only comes to fruition once the frame arrives....
    Well said W.
    Allmost 4 months waiting time here, . Just hope that the frame will come for a springtime for me.....

Members who have read this thread: 0