Cumbria, England.

Custom cable routing for dropper seatpost?

Hi, has anybody had this done or given it any thought? I should be ordering an 'AC' in the new year and was thinking of getting a couple of the ano cable stops fitted on top of the top tube (like the one's for the front mech cable). I've got a KS-900 post, so the cable goes in front of post.
    I don't want to resort to cable ties around the frame when buying a custom bike!

Cheers for any help with this, DF.
    Last edited by D45yth; 12-29-2010 at 01:17 AM.
    - The seasons blow away, but the love is just the same -

mtbr member
    May 2008
    My i950r the cable goes to the rear once you've converted it from lever to remote, bear in mind future upgrades, whether they'll run front or back

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Hi there - I had this done for my AM. I asked them to come up with a solution and they put a weld on guide, (like the traditional brake line ones with a recess that allows you to put a zip tie around the back of it) on the underside of the top tube, about where the top linkage is attached to the TT. They also put one of the neat clip guides on the upper head tube plate. This screws into a small hole on the tip of the spur (the triangular plate) and has a small hole that allows you to zip tie the cable to it. But you need a very narrow zip tie.

All in it works very well and it very neat. If I were doing it again I would ask them to put the weld on guide a little further behind where the top swing link is attached as it's tricky to access it with the swing link in the way. But other than that, it's a great solution.

I'll try to post some pictures.

Cumbria, England.
    Wpuk, I think if I changed the seatpost with the routing I had in mind, the cable would simply come out below the seat tube gusset and wouldn't be a problem?
    Geetee, that sounds similar to the routing on my Intense. On which I also have a stick on guide towards the top/side of seat tube. Maybe I could also get a guide on there and one on the top/back off seat tube for any future changes. Some pics of your setup would be good.

Cheers, DF.
    - The seasons blow away, but the love is just the same -

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Hi, did you get charged extra for this modification? How much?

Could it feasibly be done later, e.g. while having a works service??

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    In the UK the extra cost is 30. I think it's about the same in Euros.