mtbr member
    Sep 2008

CRC-Chain reaction Cycles

Just a quick note,Check your card statements if you have ordered from CRC recently,There could be extra transactions.Phone top ups etc.

Few people reporting it on UK sites

mtbr member
    I'll check my account tomorrow as I've made a couple of purchases lately.

Cheers for the warning.

mtbr member
    It'll serve ye right I might not have it in stock and you might not get it next day(or even next week!) but at least I won't rob you blind
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

flash bikes for flash gits

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Seems like they have gone full circle , i remember when they first came on the scene they had a load of trouble with payment hacks, hopefully they'll get to the bottom of it

"El Whatever"
    Oh, boy... My last order with them was a total mess.

They sent to Mexico the wrong stuff, I had to pay taxes on something I didn't order and I had to pay shipping back to them. Still waiting on the refund.

They sent the right stuff immediately and promised refund on shipping back to them without hesitation but then I got hosed by Mexican Customs (not CRC's fault at all)...

An order of under 300 bucks turned into nearly 500.

Oh, well... and now to start checking my CC. Damn it...
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I got stung as well for a recent order, check your statements for O2 topup payments and the british red cross. Both of these were under charges, thankfully i paid by credit card so its easily cancelled, would be harder and longer to claim back/cancel if it were a debit card.

hope they get this sorted soon, for now i wont be using CRC for a while!

mtbr member
    That's me just got stung. I ordered from CRC on the 28th of February and I have a 'O2 Prepay Slough' payment for 15 on the 5th of March.

With the slow service I've had from them recently and now Card fraud I won't be using them again. Luckily this was paid by credit card but now my cards been cancelled and I need to wait for a new one.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Try to use Paypal guys....although the paypal conversion rates are slightly unfavourable but at least they are much more secure......

Uly
    mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Bought a few things from CRC recently. Never had a problem with them before. As soon as they charged my card this time, literally thousands of dollars worth of stuff and services were attempted to be fraudulently charged on my card.

mtbr member
    I emailed CRC on Sunday to make them aware of what happened and I recieved a personnal call today letting me know that they are aware of the problem and are taking this very seriously. I also spoke to my bank today and they are also aware of the problem with transactions linked to CRC and that its currently under investigation.

I'd avoid using any debit or credit card with them for the time being until this is resolved.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    yup had this as well actually thought it was wiggle as I ordered something from them at the same time.

Oh well just have to speak to dipper about my orders.

mtbr member
    That's terrible news.

I've ordered loads of stuff from CRC over the years, and never had any issues.

In fact I was so happy with them that I had my Tracer VP custom built there (and they did a great job). Hope they get to the bottom of this soon.

mtbr member
    Received an update from CRC the other day:

"The independent forensic investigation has shown that our infrastructure was the target of a sophisticated attack which resulted in the theft of card details relating to a number of our customers. Details were being stolen 'real time' and only a small proportion of recent CRC customers were affected.

The access point of the theft has been identified and permanently closed off so we are confident that we have fully addressed any weakness in our infrastructure."

I would urge any of you that have been stung with credit card fraud over the last couple of months after placing an order with CRC to notify them as it would be in your best interest .

mtbr member
    Ordered from them three times. The first two times were good. This last time they sent me a wrong part. I'm just going to ship it back with the instructions on their site because it takes them 3 days to reply to an email.
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA
    I love learning new things in my pajamas.