Thread: Colour for AC?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Colour for AC?

Seriously thinking about ordering new AC. What are your current favorite colours right now? Thinking naked or light green? Any suggestions.

mtbr member
    I have no taste. But the old standards for Black, red. Green is good but some how I feel a Nicolai has to stand out a bit because it can. Burnt orange would be great esp if anodised.

"Its All Good"
    Argghhh yes, the hardest part re deciding on a Nicolai frame.....

The raw is mean as, the Urban Dizzy Camo I have on my FR is awesome in the flesh......

I am not going to say what my colour combo is on my Custom Helius AC 29er.... Want to make it a surprise so to speak....

The ano orange as Mugtree mentions will be the business for sure, I had an ano orange SC VP Free, was a cool colour.... Need to suss the cost out of the Nicolai ano colours, the figure of 4 Hundy Euro is steep......

Hit the sticky on frame colours etc, we need to keep adding the new colour schemes to that thread, me included....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    think about the extra love, that's nice to play with, plus you can ave your seatstay in a different color, meaning you can have 3 different colors on your frame.

Think about the colors of you components, wheel set and fork and just do something from that.

steep fast and loose :)
    ano black. always looks STUNNING

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I think it would be really cool to get one painted up in the 1970s Le Mans Winnin Gulf Porsches. I'm not sure how this would work in the standard Nicolai paint scheme of front/rear colour splits. Ideally you would have a the whole frame in the blue colour (possibly Pastel Blue?) but with Orange (maybe Gelb Orange?) pannels on the main tubes and possibly the seat stays. The pannels would have to be outlined in a much darker blue, possibly black.

Effectively that would be three colours and quite intricate work, so it would be pricey but I am sure that German pride in another classic piece of Teutonic engineering (i.e. the Gulf Porsche) would more than motivate Nicolai to replicate it.

Failing that, some other simpler combinations that I think are classy would be:

Pearl White with red graphics and links
    Signal Yellow with black graphics and links
    Seasick Green with Glitter front and a pearl white rear plus red links (like Falco's Ion)
    Attached Images Attached Images

"Its All Good"
    geetee - sounds a great colour scheme.....

I have put forward my scheme to Nicolai and seeing if Nicolai can come up with something better......

Dam hard choosing colours....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

steep fast and loose :)
    geetee - you are the colour design king...
    love that 917 - an absolute design masterpiece and engineering classic...

i'm sure the ford gt40 raced in those colours too at le mans ?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    TLR - you flatter me!

I'm pretty sure the Ford GT40 did indeed race in those colours, I guess it would have been the 60s?

Nicolai

Members who have read this thread: 0