Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member

Idea! Chicksands UK the Big Meet ? Date to be worked out.

1st of who thinks Whafe should pack up the FR and fly over to meet us UK Nicolai owners,

Does Chicksands sound like the best place for a good day to play ? Or are there better places ?

I have not been there yet but will do over the next month or so and will report back on my findings.

Lets keep the options open and bear with the people who are mid build.

5c0tty
    Last edited by 5c0tty; 03-01-2008 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Slight changes made.
    Nicolai Bikes in the South of England head to..
    http://www.head-for-the-hills.co.uk

'All over it!'
    5c0tty, no worries I am up for it if not overseas. I can post up some photos of all at Chicksands as I only live 20 minutes away and post them for you all to see. The amount of air miles whafe has got under his belt, he should make UK no worries, what do you say Whafe?

Drink...sleep
    Will score a car and then I'm definitely up for it. There's some videos on the Chicksands website, looks pretty good: http://www.chicksandsbikepark.co.uk/

"Its All Good"
    Mmmmmm. I would for sure be up for it. To be honest, have a shiat load of airpoints.. LOL

May would be very good or late April, when the weather picks up in Spring.... Be keen to shoot across from Spain and come over for the weekend..... A clan of Nicolai's, with these builds we are seeing, will be a spectacle of bikes and a total blast....

Lets keep the planning going....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

'All over it!'
    It all sounds good. Unfortunatly I will be overseas early April to late June but will be able to follow you all on this site and by email. A get together sounds brilliant.

Drink...sleep
    If Whafe is coming over for a weekend, maybe we should opt for something a bit more special and "epic", Coed-y-brenin or something? Us UK locals can still meet in Chicksands of course, will probably become my main riding place when I get my car

mtbr member
    mmm epic lol.. im there as soon as I have the bugger built up

mtbr member
    Its all going to seem a little lame to Whafe !
    We have all seen the trails that he has been lucky enough to ride over the last month or so.

But with us all being on Nicolais it would be extra special where ever we end up

Maybe meeting at Skyline Cycles shop would be good as its a Nicolai dealer and the drop off cafe is also great for all our eating needs. Links below for more info.

Lots of time to plan this Global meeting of FR's and other Nicolais.

If we sort out some designs for a tee shirt I would get them printed as a little keeper from the day. Would just need to arrange for the cost of the tee shirts to be covered. I have some ideas for cutting the cost for this and will investigate more.

5c0tty

www.dropoffcafe.com

www.skylinecycles.co.uk

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    When are you thinking?

I am both a Nicolai and Chicksands rider!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    What about meeting at Afan - I'm being a bit selfish here, as I live very close to Afan.

Superb trails, that dry out very quickly even if it rains hard. Virtually no mud and plenty of different trails all very close to each other.

"Its All Good"
    The stoke will be having a clan of Nicolai's together, so will leave the riding area to you peeps, but guess we want some sorts of challenges so to speak....

"It's all good"
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

'All over it!'
    Afan and Coed Y Brenin sound perfect. How about accomodation? Anyone with any ideas?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Afan accommodation list

Here's a link to the local accommodation as supplied by Skyline Cycles.

Skyline Cycles are situated at the start of the trails, and they're a Nicolai dealer alos.

http://www.skylinecycles.co.uk/id21.html

Drink...sleep
    I'm a bit more partial to C-y-B, it's an hour less driving up from Cambridge. Lots of accomodation in Dolgellau (example). Advantage of Afan of course is we can all stay over at Nicolap99's place

'All over it!'
    Hey Boozzz, if I am not overseas, we could sort travel arrangements between us? However, I am out of country from 01 Apr - 01 July but could hook up some riding when I return? This Nicolai gathering sounds perfect, perhaps we should arrange a trip to warmer climates for us UK riders? Who is up for it?

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by lornibear
    Hey Boozzz, if I am not overseas, we could sort travel arrangements between us? However, I am out of country from 01 Apr - 01 July but could hook up some riding when I return? This Nicolai gathering sounds perfect, perhaps we should arrange a trip to warmer climates for us UK riders? Who is up for it?
    yeah, like NZ !!!!

Get on to the down under, we show you good time...

'All over it!'
    Hey Whafe sounds like a plan, although just starting to walk again prior to my trip, great timing! Perhaps the Alps or somewhere like that? You back in Spain or still down under?

"Its All Good"
    Am sitting in the business lounge in Singapore, about to fly my next leg to Barcelona, well a quick 20 min stop in Milan...

Glad to hear you are walking again....

My legs are sore, did a big roadie yesterday morning with Momentus, then we did our usual Sunday morning mtb ride at a fairly fast pace... We were riding at 6.30, started with lights, kinda fun doing that, then headed home, showered and jumped on a plane....

Drink...sleep
    Sounds good Lorni. Trip to the Alps sounds good as well. I've got this planned for this summer: http://www.bike-explorer.ch/freeride-x/default.htm. Something similar to that would be awesome

'All over it!'
    That looks fantastic, I could use some of that for R & R thats for sure!

'All over it!'

Chicksands.....

Quote Originally Posted by solamanda
    When are you thinking?

I am both a Nicolai and Chicksands rider!
    Hey Solamanda, you don't happen to ride a rather nice lime green UFO ST do you?

mtbr member
    I had some views like that last Summer when I headed over to Le Gets for a 4 day trip with the boys. That was on my 5 Spot ! Just trying to arrange a few days out there in the Summer with the FR as its going to rock over there...

I don't like the look of the Stairs on the side of the mountain in the 07 photo tour !

mtbr member
    Did chicksands today on my prophet... awsome... despite the driving snow and hail and mud it was fab.. it wont surprise you there were not many people there... did the 2x course loads of times in the end and had it dialed. Ill be heading back with the Nic in the next month as the shore was lethal wet and the 120 mm travel on the prophet sketchy on the bigger drops.

some of the groms are mental.. 14ft in the air over the dirt jumps without flinching

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lornibear
    Hey Solamanda, you don't happen to ride a rather nice lime green UFO ST do you?
    That's me

'All over it!'

Nice bike.....

Quote Originally Posted by solamanda
    That's me
    I saw you warming up in the car park the day I piled in on the dual slalom course. Haven't been able to go back yet due to injury. I must admit, I wanted to stop and have a chat as I am thinking of a UFO ST. Mrs Lornibear however had already made me an appointment in A & E. Nice ride, what size do you have?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast