mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Chain guide for Helius AM

Hi folks,

I am having trouble finding a suitable chain guide for my Helius AM. It came with a fancy, removable, chainguide adapter - drilled with two sets of holes so that ISCG and ISCG05 bolt patterns both fit.

This plate seems to force the chain guide to be fitted further out than it otherwise would be. I have a Blackspire Stinger - the inner ring bolts of my 9 speed XTR M970 cranks butt up against the plate of the Stinger. I tried a Bionicon c.Guide V2 but it broke after 1.5 rides. I also have a fairly old E-13 DRS plate, which is a thinner material than the Blackspire, but the rear of the plate is not flat and fouls against the Nicolai chain guide adapter plate.

Anyone else have this problem? If so, how did you solve it to use inner, middle, bash with a chain guide?

Thanks,

Max

mtbr member
    Hi, I am using a Blackspire Stinger with a double ring with no problems. It works fine:

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks Pacolo, but the frame mount for the chain guide is different on my Helius. I guess a picture would help - I will try and sort one out.

Dutchdriver - you PM'd me but the website will not allow me to PM in reply as I have too few posts. Here is the PM I tried to send:

Thank you - your explanation is very good. If you do have a picture, that will help as well.
    I was wondering if some sort of bending / abrading would be neccessary, but was hoping that there was a guide out there that worked without it. I shall get the tools to work on the blackspire, to see if I can make it fit

Thank you again for your reply, very useful!
    Max