mtbr member
    Sep 2004

CC and shock options?

Hello currently running a DT shock but wondering what owners recommend,as I am not over impressed so coil or air? Should I be looking at the stock 200mm x 50mm or a longer 200x57 mm?

thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Fox DHX 4 on CC

Hi
    I have a Fox DHX 4 coil shock fitted to my CC - I've since had it serviced bt TFT and took the opportunity to get it PUSH'd.
    Image is of my other coil Fox Van - which to me is just as good - must get round to selling one of these shocks.

Coil is 57 x 200mm , so I don't use the top hole in the frame to give me the correct travel.

Can't comment on the difference between an air shock vs coil on the CC, as I went straight for the coil when I bought the CC.

But I've had air shocks in the past, I prefer the durability and less faff of a coil .

Once you've got the shock set with the correct spring and rebound you can forget about it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Thanks Nicolap99, great help

cheers

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Hi Hicksville, running a CCDB coil in 2nd hole, with good results. Never tried an air shock on the CC. Have you checked out the CC database to see what other people are using? Let us know what you decide.

Members who have read this thread: 0