mtbr member
    Oct 2005

New question here. Can you take out a long insert Arcos 1 1/8" headset..??

I ask this since the King Steelset's are impossible to extract, Basically I'm think of getting a Argon but I will like to run one of the king Steelset I already have, but for that to happen I need to take the Arcos first (yes I know is a great
    but I'm a King man)

Thanks in advance for the advice..

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Either will come out with a bit of effort. Headset remover and a 2lb hammer generally does the trick just fine.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Err View Post
    Either will come out with a bit of effort. Headset remover and a 2lb hammer generally does the trick just fine.
    Oh the King will not come out, (the steelset version) since it has a "Taper" to it with very little surface for the "drift tube" to seat and be push, but is nice to know the Arcos will

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I've removed a CK steel set before Patineto. Although it was a shop that did it for me, they said it came out quite easily. This was from a Helius AM.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Tolerances between headtube and headset cups can vary wildly and the internal shape of the headtube can also make things more difficult. Weather or not anti-sieze was used and the lenght of time the headset was installed are also factors. So yeah, these things can be a pita sometimes. So far, with a bit of effort, I've been able to get any headset out.

To your point about the headset tool not grabbin. I have seen combinations where the only option was to use a very big flathead screwdriver. That makes a mess of things, but both the frame and the headset were still useable.