mtbr member

building my lad his first nic and on the blag

in a possibly futile attempt to drag my 11yo off the playstation and into the woods, i'm building him his first nicolai.

its a lightly used custom XS nonius that i bought off nic-uk. I've mocked it up with stuff i had lying around to see how it will fit but untill i think he may get into it i'm reluctant to spend a fortune so the likes of them 2010 foxes have to go!

the nicolai forum being full of folk with more money than sense i figured there must be sheds full of usefull stuff we could that youve forgotten all about

so im looking for decent(no tat as it is going on a nic!) lightweight gear at sensibly money. stuff like-

-fox float 120, 130, 140(any age but no knackered stantions. QR preffered as i have suitable wheels)
    -XT'ish chainset and bb. ideally 165 or 170 arms. rings not an issue
    -sram x7 or above rear mech. ideally short to medium. got some xo twisties to match
    -200X50mm air shock
    -31.6 seatpost
    -short but light stem. 50>60mm ish
    -brakes. hope minis or even bits of old hopes(black and gold minis/m4's) as i've a box of parts i could almost build a decent set with. 160>180 rotors

think thats about it. i know i could try ebay but i'd rather try more trusted sources first. especially for the forks as theyre often knackered internally!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails building my lad his first nic and on the blag-nonius3.jpg  

www.gravity-sports.co.uk

flash bikes for flash gits

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    DT Swiss ssd220 I think that's what it's called any good? It's 200 x 50

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Right Dipper here's a list of bit's I am going to E bay you've got first dibs:

Easton Monkeylite 685mm
    Easton Monkeylite DH 711mm
    Hope red 70mm stem
    Outback carbon seatpost 31.6mm
    Brooks professional saddle Honey Chrome rails
    XTR rear mech the reverse shift one forgot what it's called! M970 I think
    XT rear derailleur 9 speed
    XT shifters chain & cassette 8spd.
    Wheels 819 hubs Black Hope hubs Pro2 front XC rear, DT comp spokes (30 mile on them).
    NEW Fizik Arione saddle white with red stripe.

Will finish list tomorrow..

mtbr member
    Cheers Garry. Mail me some prices and more info and we'll take it from there.
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

mtbr member
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Im in comms with Reset for a new headset at the mo, but they seem to be out of blue, im waiting for them to get back to me with a time frame, if your in no rush you can have my old Hope HS (its blue) for nothing, ive got a seatpost clamp floating round in me tool bag, Azure i think, not sure what size it is but it would have probably been for my old Hummer, will be some (Hope) headset spacers knocking about as well,

Not much help sorry but you can have them for nowt, if you'd asked a couple of months back you could have had a crap load of stuff but its now being used as me mates training bike in sunny climes

mtbr member
    Blue headset sounds good. Will match his frame. No rush. Give me a shout when ready. I'll give give you something for it though.
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

mtbr member
    170mm Isis Holzfellers. With or without rings.
    120mm Reba SL with 20mm. I'm struggling to get on with them and would like to upgrade. Very lite.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Richard,

I have Odi lockon grips
    Hope Qr skewers(pair)
    WTB saddle
    Deity 35mm seatclamp or a Hope qr seatclamp,both black.34.9mm
    Xtr Chainset with rings and xt/slx BB 175mm+ extra set of used rings and another spare middle ring.
    Sram X0 mech and shifters.
    203mm disks.
    Raceface air alloy high rise.Not O/S.
    Have a 31.6mm thomson seatpost but its a layback.
    XX brakes

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I think I've got a medium cage X7 rear mech in the shed, I know for sure I have X5 shifters.

Norcosam, how much would you want for the Thomson Post as I'm possibly looking for a layback for my new frame for when the Joplin isn't in there

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the offers. Getting loads via email as well! Going to have to open another bike shop at this rate! I'll mull over the offers over the next couple of days and get back to you's

Ta
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

mtbr member
    dipper - I still have that pretty much mint rp23 which i think is 200x50 if you are interested.
    Getting older... One day at a time.

mtbr member
    Dipper, got a nice pair of lyriks here going cheap

"Its All Good"
    A little yellow ripper, hoping he loves it....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"