Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: BOS suspension

mtbr member

BOS suspension

I know Bos have been discussed on here in the past but I've never paid a great deal of attention as I've never used them and dont know much about them. However, Ive been asked a few times recently if i could take them in. So based on nothing more than the fact they're expensive, shiny and niche and therefore entirely compatible with the Gravity-Sports ethos I figured why the hell not.

Not to do things by halfs I'm going full tilt into it. Kitting out the AFR with a Stoy and an N'dee and also the AM with a Deville.

I figure they'll be good but how good? the AFR currently runs a CCDB and 2010 66 RC3ti so Bos have a lot to live up to

So who's all running them or have demo'd them even?(sam?) I've done some searching but cant find much info. and certainly no back to back tests with other brands. I'll probably not get a chance to try them out till after the snows gone so I'm keen to get some sort of impression on how they'll ride.
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

flash bikes for flash gits

mtbr member
    most importantly. Just how good are the N'dee's going to look on this?

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by dipper; 12-07-2010 at 12:45 PM.
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by dipper
    most importantly. Just how good are the N'dee's going to look on this?
    Not as good as a Bos fork would look on my AM 29er when Bos make a long travel single crown fork for a 29er!!
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"Its All Good"
    No in all seriousness, look forward to some feedback on these forks etc. Read amazing reviews on them.

Most reviews say more or less "the Bos fork and shock, moves to a new level"

So bring them on dipper....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Hi Dipper, the Stoy is fantastic it holds the back end up enough but also feels bottomless needs to be tuned from the start for bike and rider weight but is excellent hardly ever adjusted mine never feel the need to.

mtbr member
    Gary, is the rebound on your stoy noisy? as in sounds like a singing budgie?

steep fast and loose :)
    seriously, lol.......

it's all smoke and mirrors imo........

fox have a fork for all occasions now, i see very little value in some French tat, and whats the uk after-sales going to be like compared to mojo ?

being serious, anything i've ever had thats been French has either broken [peugeot / renault] or disappeared without a service facility [micromega]...... and it was all touted as the best of it's genre at the time of purchase....

i think marzocchi's new range and their return to recent form warrants more interest...

you are niche however, and as such i see why you're attracted....

they get great reviews, but that's inevitable when you consider they'll be free-issued to some hungry journalists who ALWAYS wear the emporers new clothes...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I was looking into them here in the us but distributor say's he not taking them in the us and tried to contact them no response so I guess we will never know .

as ncig says - usual french shoddy after sales service and lack of reliability.....

chilliinleeds
    Jun 2010
    I rode a friends Cove shocker out in Morzine it had the stoy and ndee's on it and it was amazing,so plush and felt bottomless,i was riding same frame with fox 40's and rc4 and it felt crap by comparison.If i had the cash i'd buy bos!

mtbr member
    I'm interested, especially in the Stoy. I like my 36 RC2 so the Deville would have to be very good indeed (although I can think of improvements to the 36 so there is room).

i'm afraid that after sales / service and the likelihood of the company being in business next year prioritise my choices.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Very interested in the BOS Deville or WB Loop for my new bike.

Perhaps some of our French friends can comment on BOS reliability... I have not read anything negative so far?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Would like a set of deville,You can reduce the travel internally down to 140mm.

mtbr member
    TLR - I guess you'll not be interested in a shot then? You've the same additude to the AC 29er and pretty much anything new. I'm surprised you've made it as far as full sus! Bos is hardly a fly by night company. they've been on the go for years and if their mtb product is as good as it's reported to be they'll be here for a while yet I suspect.

I've a lot of time for Fox stuff and the new marzocchis are excellent also however there's always room to try more stuff. How else you going to know whats hot and whats not? And more importantly, trying loads of stuff tunes you in to what you like and what suits your riding style.

Anyway, I'm excited so stop killing my buzz
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

mtbr member
    reliabilty is allegedly the best in the business. I've a set of devilles lined up for a serial fork wrecker so i'll know soon enough
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    TLR - I guess you'll not be interested in a shot then? You've the same additude to the AC 29er and pretty much anything new. I'm surprised you've made it as far as full sus! Bos is hardly a fly by night company. they've been on the go for years and if their mtb product is as good as it's reported to be they'll be here for a while yet I suspect.

I've a lot of time for Fox stuff and the new marzocchis are excellent also however there's always room to try more stuff. How else you going to know whats hot and whats not? And more importantly, trying loads of stuff tunes you in to what you like and what suits your riding style.

Anyway, I'm excited so stop killing my buzz
    Dipper-Just ignore him.I do.

Seems to be very full of himself and what he has is the only choice.

Devilles....Yes please

mtbr member
    Tlr, just out of interest, are you an actual life size cod piece?

mtbr member
    Bos are here to stay. They produce innovative, alternative products with great performance, fantastic reliability and at a good price. What's not to like?

chilliinleeds
    Jun 2010
    Look like they work pretty well for Nico!
    http://dirt.mpora.com/news/vouilloz-...s-deville.html

mtbr member
    i hate watching stuff like that. makes me realise how rubbish i am. why do I even bother? think i'll take up walking as a hobby. at least I'm good at that
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

mtbr member
    May 2008
    i hate watching stuff like that. makes me realise how rubbish i am. why do I even bother? think i'll take up walking as a hobby. at least I'm good at that

http://www.worldrecordsacademy.org/s...cord_70134.htm

mtbr member
    I said 'walking'. not 'extreme walking'. mind you i've just remembered i'm rubbish at walking as well. went over my ankle about 6 months ago and was off work for a week!
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

my point is that the differences are so minute between manufacturers there's little point.

all the marketing BS from mtb manufacturers is a bit tiring....

every year, there's a "MASSIVE" improvement.

bollox - it's all a ploy to make you spend money on gear and upgrades.

ffs - just get out and ride what you've got ! ARE you really that good that you need 3% of perfomance improvement....... i think not !

and i maintain that most french kit is sh1t. sh1t service, sh1t longevity.

chilliinleeds
    Jun 2010
    TLR, i see what your saying and in some cases your probably right,is a Fox talas 2010 any better than the 08 model? 99% of riders won't be able to detect the difference,but the BOS stuff is NEW,that 's why it's exciting,there an interesting company with a long and prestigeous record,they've been building forks and shocks for Nico and Chausson for years,to me another fork and shock option can only be a good thing!
    I remember a lot of people saying the same stuff about fox when they entered the mtb market and they've turned out ok! Just my 2p.

Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast