Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43
Results 1,051 to 1,073 of 1073

Thread: BOS suspension

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by loamranger View Post
    cool... on jungles website they list bos, just says coming soon,,, and i bet going sooner ha ha,,, could it be 4th time lucky for us,,,,

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by delirian View Post
    cool... on jungles website they list bos, just says coming soon,,, and i bet going sooner ha ha,,, could it be 4th time lucky for us,,,,
    I heard that Mad Elk Cycles from Ireland is distributor for all Great Britain

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jergus View Post
    I heard that Mad Elk Cycles from Ireland is distributor for all Great Britain
    yep they are mate,,,, i just got my deville serviced by them,,, got it back like 2 days ago,,, hoping to get my new chromag built up later, when the sun comes up and the ice melts lol...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Hello,

I just received some Bos Deville 160mm 650b forks.

However im not sure if there is a problem with them.

At the recommended rebound settings of 15 clicks out they make quite a loud scraping noise on quick compressions. The noise seems to come from the top of the stanchion with the rebound adjuster. With the rebound fully out or fully in they sound alot smoother. The rebound adjuster seems to work normally.

Should they be quiet?

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Does anybody have diagrams of the Deville's guts? I have a leaky airvalve on my Deville TRC that I'd like to fix myself. It leaks if I bump the TRC lever.
    Last edited by epic; 05-19-2014 at 08:10 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by epic View Post
    Does anybody have diagrams of the Deville's guts? I have a leaky airvalve on my Deville TRC that I'd like to fix myself. It leaks if I bump the TRC lever.
    is this what your looking for....
    BOS-Deville-Service Photo Album - Pinkbike

sapienti sat est

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by delirian View Post
    is this what your looking for....
    BOS-Deville-Service Photo Album - Pinkbike
    And here in the comment section you'll find some useful informations:
    BOS Deville Service

mtbr member
    Sounds like a problem with the valve core - you might be able to just tighten it with a valve core remover tool,

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    There's a whole series of o-rings in there that allow it to turn and not leak. I have a new TRC assembly on the way from Toulouse. Hoping to have it today.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Smile Deville 160, Nicolai AM 26 and Conti 650B (Rubber Queen / Trail King 2.4)

MF, I've checked the clearances tonight, 5mm on the SC and 7mm on the Devilles with 650b HD's.
    Hia Loamranger,
    Having received your useful advice, (my bike's a Nicolai AM, 26" with 160 travel Deville TRC) - I managed to loan a 650B Hope Pro "Enduro" wheel with a 2.4 Rubber Queen (actually it's a Trail King Protection)
    It feels fantastic.
    I'm using an Angleset (zero stack cup, whereas the bike spec is for a 10mm cup), what with the angle change (-1 to -1.5) and the stack height that headset "drops" the front by about 10-12mm. The 650 B wheel / tyre raises it back up nicely.
    To be honest, it feels as if the bike was made for it, I guess the RQ/TKP tyre might roll easier than the HD 2.3 26 I had on the front, but, for sure, it does feel a touch easier over roots etc. Grippy too.
    I guess I should really compare with an HD 2.3 650B
    I am pretty much sold though.
    Thanks for the encouragement.
    neil

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Hi Mudfish, glad you like the new wheel size upfront. I'm using 650b Magic Mary's...very nice tyre...more grip than HD's. Might be worth a try.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Smile

Hi Mudfish, glad you like the new wheel size upfront. I'm using 650b Magic Mary's...very nice tyre...more grip than HD's. Might be worth a try.
    Hi Loamranger , thanks for the tip, raises a few more questions - sorry 'bout that .

Is the MagicMary hard to pedal around the trails compared to the HD TS??
    You'd be using the Trailstar 2.35 650B I guess, rather than Vertstar?

And Snakeskin rather than Gravity??

Perhaps it's more of a mud tyre than HDTrailstar which can slide a bit in my local clay mud (fab on slippy roots tho), but how is the MagiM on hardpack, as an all rounder (we do get hardpack around Brighton sometimes :})?
    Strange that the MagiciM front is said to be ideally paired with a Rock Razor rear. Seems like a mud tyre front and a dry rear. Love to hear if you try it.

As Wales is your love I guess the RocRaz might work in the trailcentres.

How's the MagiM compare to the HD 2.35 TS in diameter, 'bout the same but maybe squarer? you said the HDTS2.35 a dia. of 705mm mounted on Flow Ex's?

MagiM fits in the Deville OK?

Maybe even the Idylle?

The RQ2.4 is pretty tight in the Deville but it's OK, maybe 5mm. It won't even turn in my Idylle SC tho.

Just looked at your profile, I guess we might both ride the North Downs.

ps
    Go on, get that custom ION you've been lusting after
    neil

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I find the Magic Mary to be an all round better tyre than the HD, the diameter is about the same, so it clears the Idylle. Roll is fine. I haven't tried the RR on the back yet and I'm not in a real hurry since the TK is doing a good job out back.

Sounds like the 650b TK is a really big tyre. I'll guess around 712 dia.?

Yeah, been riding South Wales quite a bit last year, Bike Park Wales, Forest of Dean, Brefca etc

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I find the Magic Mary to be an all round better tyre than the HD, the diameter is about the same, so it clears the Idylle. Roll is fine. I haven't tried the RR on the back yet and I'm not in a real hurry since the TK is doing a good job out back.

Sounds like the 650b TK is a really big tyre. I'll guess around 712 dia.?

Yeah, been riding South Wales quite a bit last year, Bike Park Wales, Forest of Dean, Brefca etc
    Yeah, the 650B Conti is 713.5mm by my careful measurement
    20psi on a Hope "Tech Enduro" [23mm internal width] rim []Mountain bike news, photos, videos and events - Pinkbike

Do you get on OK with the Mary in the Idylle, is it very tight?

Going on what you said, I'm going to try the Mary on the front.
    SO, for UK riding in the woods with this weather - am I looking for a
    Magic Mary Evolution 2.35
    But is it Snakeskin or SuperGravity
    Trailstar I guess, Vertstar will be very soft to pedal up ?

For the Alps I guess it's SuperGravity for sure

For the rear at this time of year would you try the Mary Trailstar too?
    Maybe an HD?

I think you're using the Conti TK/R-Queen 2.4, is that right?

thanks lots

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mudfish801 View Post
    Yeah, the 650B Conti is 713.5mm by my careful measurement
    20psi on a Hope "Tech Enduro" [23mm internal width] rim []Mountain bike news, photos, videos and events - Pinkbike

Do you get on OK with the Mary in the Idylle, is it very tight?

Going on what you said, I'm going to try the Mary on the front.
    SO, for UK riding in the woods with this weather - am I looking for a
    Magic Mary Evolution 2.35
    But is it Snakeskin or SuperGravity
    Trailstar I guess, Vertstar will be very soft to pedal up ?

For the Alps I guess it's SuperGravity for sure

For the rear at this time of year would you try the Mary Trailstar too?
    Maybe an HD?

I think you're using the Conti TK/R-Queen 2.4, is that right?

thanks lots
    Not a bad guess then, at 713mm dia the TK has got to be the biggest 650b tyre out there.

My Magic Mary is the TS version, bought it in from Germany since they were not available in the UK at that time...they are also a bit cheaper. Worth checking out. I can't remember the company I dealt with off hand but I'll post it if I find out. The clearance with Idylles is about 5mm. Magic M's on the back should be fine particularly in wet conditions.

yet another stupid german
    check bike-components.de
    you can switch to english at the bottom

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by raschaa View Post
    check bike-components.de
    you can switch to english at the bottom
    I've bought from them before, they gave a good service. The MM's are about 15 cheaper per tyre compared with the discounted UK price.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    my deville got stiff (overdampened) despite bleed procedures, it seems so.

I did read somewhere that it is possible to release air by sticking zip tie through between seal and stanchion. The guy had do it because he stored the fork separated from the bike in odd way.

I did take apart bike for travel and the problem occurred then.

Did anyone try that?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    tomasis

have you tried taking air out a bit at a time/compress fork until no air is left and then repeating procedure putting air back in? Where did you buy it from? All UK servicing is now done through the BOS factory, so I would drop them a line if all fails.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

... and if we just ...

tomasis

have you tried taking air out a bit at a time/compress fork until no air is left and then repeating procedure putting air back in? Where did you buy it from? All UK servicing is now done through the BOS factory, so I would drop them a line if all fails.
    I did this:
    It is very important to homogenize the two air chambers

1: Let all air out, cycle the fork a bit 10 - 15mm slowly.

2: Put some air back in, maybe half the amount you normally use, then follow instructions below at 4
    3: pumping up another 10 psi, follow steps below at 4,
    repeat til you reach your ideal

4: After having adjusted the air pressure, how to proceed : Push the fork slowly through the first 10 mm (1/3).of travel.
    Do it a few times. I do it 7 times after any pressure adjustment

It worked for me when my newly delivered fork felt absolutely awful.

Martin at Jungle is very helpful on BOS servicing. You send to France for service via Jungle, it's quite efficient.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Hey Mudfish, good to hear that the servicing is good via Jungle....I got this positive feedback from another source as well. It probably is the best arrangement, since it puts the emphasis on BOS to deliver.

Tomasis, follow Mudfish's suggestion and that hopefully will sort you.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

BOS suspension

Jungle were supposed to be getting tools and training. When I last had contact think they had tools but no training.
    I had hoped we would get service in UK? Wonder if that's still the case..
    Aka chainline...

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    mad elk cycles are really good to,, so far this year ive had all 3 of my bos forks serviced by them and they came back better than ever, super friendly helpful guys, great service and super fast turnarround to, just got my deville back from them with in 5 days, i highly recomend them,

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43