Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: BOS suspension

mtbr member
    Just weighed a brand new set with uncut steerer on a park digital scale. 2060grams
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

flash bikes for flash gits

mtbr member
    Many thanks dipper, am very tempted....... You will be my first port of call.

mtbr member
    No problem. I'd have taken a pic but it's boxing day and I can't be arsed!
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Belated merry xmas all...

I've had a pair of NDee's on my Gambler for the last year. Didnt get as much riding done as liked too but ive given them a good bash at weekends in the UK and rode them a fair bit in my 4 weeks in Switzerland.

They are PLUSH as hell. Consistent stroke, sit high in their travel, dont dive and are very responsive. I've ridden my fair share of forks and of think the Ndee is superior to the lot (old 66, Totem, 888, 40's, Fox Van & Talas 36) - to be fair the majority of those forks I only rode on 1 or 2 runs so I have them set up the exact way I like them. They are also very stiff and flex free. I think the perfect description for them is as BOS describes them, a mini DH fork, same internal suspension as their dual crown cut down 20mm and put into a single crown: they feel more like a downhill fork cut down than 20mm added to a Talas, Van or Lyric if that makes sense.

One thing which impressed me about them is their reliability. They feel better than they did a year ago. My bike had been standing on its head in the shed for a solid month until i went for a ride yesterday and they felt perfect. I havent taken them apart but just from the way the ride they feel reliable

The reviews praise highly of their performance, mine rides brilliantly and the only issue is price. I luckily got them from someone who had one them and wasnt interested in them so I got them at a very good price. If you can afford an Ndee i highly recomend it.

Ill post pics later although they will be on a Scott

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I just weighed my Revelations,and they are 1900g air u-turn including maxle.
    so 160g difference.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by norcosam
    I just weighed my Revelations,and they are 1900g air u-turn including maxle.
    so 160g difference.
    Goo to know... I have one of the RLT Ti Dual Pos-Air. I figured it would be ~1900grsm but now I figure it has to be more like 1850 with the cut steerer. Not bad for 150mm and certainly an improvement over the 2100'ish Pike.

But... at 2060 for 160mm and the quality of BOS damping, that Deville sounds like a winner.
    I wish I could shell out the money for one. They also come in 140mm flavour.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Warp- My set are the 140mm.I had to wait a few days for them,Then they were stuck in Scotland in the snow.

My Revs were measured with a 205mm steerer and maxle

"El Whatever"
    Warp- My set are the 140mm.I had to wait a few days for them,Then they were stuck in Scotland in the snow.

My Revs were measured with a 205mm steerer and maxle

Oh, well... even if mine are ~1900grs, they're definitively lighter than the old Pike and have more travel.

I haven't measured mine... I don't have a scale, I mostly go by claimed weights when I want to factor weight.
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Oh, well... even if mine are ~1900grs, they're definitively lighter than the old Pike and have more travel.

I haven't measured mine... I don't have a scale, I mostly go by claimed weights when I want to factor weight.
    Pikes were very heavy,but indestructable.I borrowed a set off my mate for a few months,they were like a ships anchor.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Whats the AC on the 160mm Devilles, and do you buy direct from R53 Engineering?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Wpuk- I think it was 450mm.

Brought from Richard@ Gravity-sports
    They are available from Roger @ R53,he seems to know his stuff and is very helpfull.

mtbr member
    Just sold my last set or I'd measure them for you. Maybe Sam or rpm100(although he won't get his till tomorrow) can measure theirs for you?

R53 sell to the trade. You may have a dealer close by(there's a list of dealers on the r53 site) but if not give me a shout and I'll sort you out.
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Wpuk- I think it was 450mm.

Brought from Richard@ Gravity-sports
    They are available from Roger @ R53,he seems to know his stuff and is very helpfull.
    cheers

edit: do you mean 550mm? My 150mm revs are 529mm

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wpuk
    cheers

edit: do you mean 550mm? My 150mm revs are 529mm

oops.Yes 550mm

think the 140mm Devilles like mine were 529.5mm

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Including headset change, what would an AC of increase of 24/25mm do to my BB height? Can't find the geo site I was on about before

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    It's about 1/3 but that's very ish! so probably 8mm, but then you have to take into account of the same sag per stroke, and therefore greater drop by % so it's probably more like 25% so therefore 6-7mm if you ride accordingly not a disaster.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Would void the warranty on an AC frame.
    i would have thought it would raise it by about 10-12mm,it would slacken the head angle aswell.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    wpuk based in the south west? then pm me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    South west,now we are talking.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Await PM

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Ment AC (axle crown) increase, not on a AC sorry, my bikes an AM (I know the headset increase isn't part of the AC measurement but bottom bit will affect my BB height and I was being lazy with my sentence )

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    It will slacken the HA a bit on an AM.I think thats the reccomended AC height for an AM
    I thought you had an AC to be honest.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    wpuk run my Am with 555mm Lyrik coil 170 DH and it's fantastic.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    PM sent, sorry bout the delay, ready up on Valium usage

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Reading*. Can't find the edit button using phone browser

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast