Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 1073

Thread: BOS suspension

  1. #251
    steep fast and loose :)
    Reputation: The_Lecht_Rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    That kind crashes with this...

    http://www.bosmtb.com/MTB2/stoyfiche.html

    "Features :
    Hydraulic monotube shock with 3-way valving
    Adjustments: high and low-speed compression damping, rebound damping
    Can be completely disassembled, serviced and re-built
    Custom-tuned to match rider weight, style and bike
    Aluminium reservoir housing, sealhead, body, preload collar and eyelet
    12mm shaft diameter
    Needle-bearing mount kit"


    To each his own, I guess...

    that's the stoy [rear shock] not the deville [front fork] that is dicussed.

    indeed i believe the stoy could be a great shock, no reason why not as it is tuneable.

    fwiw, i'm hearing incredible reports about ELKA shocks [pre tuned in the factory for rider weight nd frame leverage characteristics] in a similar vain to the stoy.

    does the stoy ship from the factory custom tuned for rider weight and frame leverage character ?

  2. #252
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lecht_Rocks
    that's the stoy [rear shock] not the deville [front fork] that is dicussed.

    indeed i believe the stoy could be a great shock, no reason why not as it is tuneable.

    fwiw, i'm hearing incredible reports about ELKA shocks [pre tuned in the factory for rider weight nd frame leverage characteristics] in a similar vain to the stoy.

    does the stoy ship from the factory custom tuned for rider weight and frame leverage
    character ?
    yep. when i place an order for a stoy i need to supply as much info as possible. rider weight and frame leverage ratios(they have much of these on file). Bos then select the correct spring and fit the appropriate shim stack.

    also the springs they supply are in 25lb increments and more accurate than some
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

    flash bikes for flash gits

  3. #253
    steep fast and loose :)
    Reputation: The_Lecht_Rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,271
    that makes much more sense.........

    stoy for the chumba pehaps

  4. #254
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,742
    Quote Originally Posted by TLR
    that's the stoy [rear shock] not the deville [front fork] that is dicussed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    At any rate, if you mean the forks are not tunable, I can't comment on that one, but I really would find it odd.
    Funny you omit to quote my quote above which kinda makes redundant your clarification, but anyway... people used to say the same of my 5th Air. It turns out it can be disassembled, serviced and tuned at home.

    Again, to each his own, I guess...
    Check my Site

  5. #255
    steep fast and loose :)
    Reputation: The_Lecht_Rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Funny you omit to quote my quote above which kinda makes redundant your clarification, but anyway... people used to say the same of my 5th Air. It turns out it can be disassembled, serviced and tuned at home.

    Again, to each his own, I guess...

    sorry for the confusion - my point is about the deville not being tuneable, consequent to BOS's reluctance to provide a tuning solution with the fork.

  6. #256
    Executive User - UK
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    798
    I'm not sure what you are on about anymore TLR!
    The Bos has been developed with input from a very competent rider who knows a thing or two about suspension. This isn't a bad thing in my book. The fact the rear stoy ships set for your weight and frame ratio means it's a bolt on a go riding solution. The damping control is wide enough tallow you to tune it to track. the deville is of course also tuneable via air pressure and the provided dials, they have significant range with enough resolution to dial in perfectly and not land between two clicks.
    I have a ccdb too and it's a great shock with mega adjustability but as if you want to talk theoretical vs the stoy and its pro rider directed development, then you could look at its jack of all trades, master of none approach as a negative. Also its so tuneable, it took me about 12 months to really dial the thing in and learn all its traits. The stoy just works....it's also going on my next build too.

  7. #257
    steep fast and loose :)
    Reputation: The_Lecht_Rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,271
    i agree about the stoy - tuned from the off to suit rider and frame

  8. #258
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    378
    Go on TLR you won't be disappointed.

  9. #259
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,716
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lecht_Rocks
    fwiw, i'm hearing incredible reports about ELKA shocks [pre tuned in the factory for rider weight nd frame leverage characteristics] in a similar vain to the stoy.
    I heard that too, but if they dont respond to emails how can one purchase one... Hence going with the RS Vivid Air...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  10. #260
    steep fast and loose :)
    Reputation: The_Lecht_Rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    I heard that too, but if they dont respond to emails how can one purchase one... Hence going with the RS Vivid Air...
    that's not to
    good then. customer service and feedback is king imo.

  11. #261
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,716
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lecht_Rocks
    that's not to
    good then. customer service and feedback is king imo.
    Dont wish to derail the thread on Bos Suspension, but I was already to pull the trigger on the Elka shock, as my main riding buddy GB has one on his Knolly DT, which have spent some time on and it is great...

    Sent through all my details, the frame it was going on, heard back quickly, which was great service. They told me I needed an AC shock, I explained that it was a custom frame and told them about it. Have never heard back to this day.. Am not knocking them on this one issue, just putting it out there because I was kinda pissed because I wanted an Elka shock!
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  12. #262
    steep fast and loose :)
    Reputation: The_Lecht_Rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,271
    Can you not call them? Is it too late ?

  13. #263
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    51
    I run an ELKA since half a year in my AM.
    Yann answered all my emails within 1-2 days.
    They even changed my shock to another shock length for free, so all I can say is great service.

  14. #264
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,716
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lecht_Rocks
    Can you not call them? Is it too late ?
    Yep it is too late for the out of the blocks AM Wagonwheeler build. However it is never to late really, if no likey the Vivid Air, can always sell it
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  15. #265
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,716
    Quote Originally Posted by lakekeman
    I run an ELKA since half a year in my AM.
    Yann answered all my emails within 1-2 days.
    They even changed my shock to another shock length for free, so all I can say is great service.
    great to hear, as I said, was not nor am I trying to knock them, am certain something has happened that is a simple error, just sharing my experience... I will have an Elka shock at some stage... Or even a Stoy (to go with my Bos DeVille 29er fork)
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  16. #266
    Nicolai
    Reputation: AttitudeBikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    463
    Guys,





    this is my personal bike. Saw this thread on the same day i assembled my new Revelation XX 150mm fork over my old DT swiss exc150mm. Immidiately sold the XX and ordered the Deville.

    Just had it assembled. WIsh it had arrive earlier last week and use it for my Night downhill race. anyways. Im loving the fork so far. WIll try it soon in the trail and give you guys some comments IMO> . using the rear Vivid air shox. feel fantastic every since i had it and just grows on me. Hopefully i don have to change any suspension in along long time....

    any advice or comments is welcome. i am sticking to the base setting BOS suggested to start off for now..

  17. #267
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rpm100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    445
    Chaps, can those with a pair of Devilles do me a huge favour?

    Grab hold of your wheel and check for lateral play when mounted in the fork and report back.
    I'm having some 'issues'.

    TIA

  18. #268
    Executive User - UK
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    798
    Quote Originally Posted by rpm100
    Chaps, can those with a pair of Devilles do me a huge favour?

    Grab hold of your wheel and check for lateral play when mounted in the fork and report back.
    I'm having some 'issues'.

    TIA
    no issues here. Try a allen key through the hole in the axle to nip up and tighten down the lever thing. Zero play anywhere here in mine. Rock solid.

  19. #269
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by rpm100
    Chaps, can those with a pair of Devilles do me a huge favour?

    Grab hold of your wheel and check for lateral play when mounted in the fork and report back.
    I'm having some 'issues'.

    TIA
    hope hub by any chance?
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

    flash bikes for flash gits

  20. #270
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rpm100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    445
    Yes, but also some (but less so) slop with a king. No movement with either hubs in a Fox 40 or Lyrik.

    Working direct with Roger on it.
    Any thoughts?

    PM if you prefer.

  21. #271
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,406
    only thoughts were @ the hub. had a spate of issues a while back and folk were getting new lowers from fox but turned out it was the bearings in hope hubs not being pressed fully in. wee tap with a hammer and the issue went away(or at least ive not seen it since!)
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

    flash bikes for flash gits

  22. #272
    Nicolai
    Reputation: AttitudeBikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    463
    No problems on my end as well. No play Wat so ever!

  23. #273
    steep fast and loose :)
    Reputation: The_Lecht_Rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,271
    @rpm - keep us updated.

    not great news..................

  24. #274
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by AttitudeBikes
    Guys,





    this is my personal bike. Saw this thread on the same day i assembled my new Revelation XX 150mm fork over my old DT swiss exc150mm. Immidiately sold the XX and ordered the Deville.

    Just had it assembled. WIsh it had arrive earlier last week and use it for my Night downhill race. anyways. Im loving the fork so far. WIll try it soon in the trail and give you guys some comments IMO> . using the rear Vivid air shox. feel fantastic every since i had it and just grows on me. Hopefully i don have to change any suspension in along long time....

    any advice or comments is welcome. i am sticking to the base setting BOS suggested to start off for now..
    Oh my god that is a damn hot bike man!
    Is it possible to get a better photo from that beauty?

  25. #275
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by AttitudeBikes

    this is my personal bike. Saw this thread on the same day i assembled my new Revelation XX 150mm fork over my old DT swiss exc150mm. Immidiately sold the XX and ordered the Deville.

    Just had it assembled. WIsh it had arrive earlier last week and use it for my Night downhill race. anyways. Im loving the fork so far. WIll try it soon in the trail and give you guys some comments IMO> . using the rear Vivid air shox. feel fantastic every since i had it and just grows on me. Hopefully i don have to change any suspension in along long time....

    any advice or comments is welcome. i am sticking to the base setting BOS suggested to start off for now..
    Probably the best looking bike ive seen on here, very handsomely subtle

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •