Hydraulic monotube shock with 3-way valving
    Adjustments: high and low-speed compression damping, rebound damping
    Can be completely disassembled, serviced and re-built
    Custom-tuned to match rider weight, style and bike
    Aluminium reservoir housing, sealhead, body, preload collar and eyelet
    12mm shaft diameter
    Needle-bearing mount kit"

To each his own, I guess...

that's the stoy [rear shock] not the deville [front fork] that is dicussed.

indeed i believe the stoy could be a great shock, no reason why not as it is tuneable.

fwiw, i'm hearing incredible reports about ELKA shocks [pre tuned in the factory for rider weight nd frame leverage characteristics] in a similar vain to the stoy.

does the stoy ship from the factory custom tuned for rider weight and frame leverage character ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lecht_Rocks

indeed i believe the stoy could be a great shock, no reason why not as it is tuneable.

fwiw, i'm hearing incredible reports about ELKA shocks [pre tuned in the factory for rider weight nd frame leverage characteristics] in a similar vain to the stoy.

does the stoy ship from the factory custom tuned for rider weight and frame leverage
    character ?
    yep. when i place an order for a stoy i need to supply as much info as possible. rider weight and frame leverage ratios(they have much of these on file). Bos then select the correct spring and fit the appropriate shim stack.

also the springs they supply are in 25lb increments and more accurate than some
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

flash bikes for flash gits

steep fast and loose :)
    that makes much more sense.........

stoy for the chumba pehaps

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by TLR

Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    At any rate, if you mean the forks are not tunable, I can't comment on that one, but I really would find it odd.
    Funny you omit to quote my quote above which kinda makes redundant your clarification, but anyway... people used to say the same of my 5th Air. It turns out it can be disassembled, serviced and tuned at home.

Again, to each his own, I guess...
    Check my Site

Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    Funny you omit to quote my quote above which kinda makes redundant your clarification, but anyway... people used to say the same of my 5th Air. It turns out it can be disassembled, serviced and tuned at home.

Again, to each his own, I guess...

sorry for the confusion - my point is about the deville not being tuneable, consequent to BOS's reluctance to provide a tuning solution with the fork.

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    I'm not sure what you are on about anymore TLR!
    The Bos has been developed with input from a very competent rider who knows a thing or two about suspension. This isn't a bad thing in my book. The fact the rear stoy ships set for your weight and frame ratio means it's a bolt on a go riding solution. The damping control is wide enough tallow you to tune it to track. the deville is of course also tuneable via air pressure and the provided dials, they have significant range with enough resolution to dial in perfectly and not land between two clicks.
    I have a ccdb too and it's a great shock with mega adjustability but as if you want to talk theoretical vs the stoy and its pro rider directed development, then you could look at its jack of all trades, master of none approach as a negative. Also its so tuneable, it took me about 12 months to really dial the thing in and learn all its traits. The stoy just works....it's also going on my next build too.

i agree about the stoy - tuned from the off to suit rider and frame

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Go on TLR you won't be disappointed.

"Its All Good"
    I heard that too, but if they dont respond to emails how can one purchase one... Hence going with the RS Vivid Air...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    I heard that too, but if they dont respond to emails how can one purchase one... Hence going with the RS Vivid Air...
    that's not to
    good then. customer service and feedback is king imo.

"Its All Good"
    that's not to
    good then. customer service and feedback is king imo.
    Dont wish to derail the thread on Bos Suspension, but I was already to pull the trigger on the Elka shock, as my main riding buddy GB has one on his Knolly DT, which have spent some time on and it is great...

Sent through all my details, the frame it was going on, heard back quickly, which was great service. They told me I needed an AC shock, I explained that it was a custom frame and told them about it. Have never heard back to this day.. Am not knocking them on this one issue, just putting it out there because I was kinda pissed because I wanted an Elka shock!
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

Can you not call them? Is it too late ?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I run an ELKA since half a year in my AM.
    Yann answered all my emails within 1-2 days.
    They even changed my shock to another shock length for free, so all I can say is great service.

"Its All Good"
    Can you not call them? Is it too late ?
    Yep it is too late for the out of the blocks AM Wagonwheeler build. However it is never to late really, if no likey the Vivid Air, can always sell it

"Its All Good"
    Quote Originally Posted by lakekeman
    I run an ELKA since half a year in my AM.
    Yann answered all my emails within 1-2 days.
    They even changed my shock to another shock length for free, so all I can say is great service.
    great to hear, as I said, was not nor am I trying to knock them, am certain something has happened that is a simple error, just sharing my experience... I will have an Elka shock at some stage... Or even a Stoy (to go with my Bos DeVille 29er fork)

Nicolai
    Guys,

this is my personal bike. Saw this thread on the same day i assembled my new Revelation XX 150mm fork over my old DT swiss exc150mm. Immidiately sold the XX and ordered the Deville.

Just had it assembled. WIsh it had arrive earlier last week and use it for my Night downhill race. anyways. Im loving the fork so far. WIll try it soon in the trail and give you guys some comments IMO> . using the rear Vivid air shox. feel fantastic every since i had it and just grows on me. Hopefully i don have to change any suspension in along long time....

any advice or comments is welcome. i am sticking to the base setting BOS suggested to start off for now..

mtbr member
    Chaps, can those with a pair of Devilles do me a huge favour?

Grab hold of your wheel and check for lateral play when mounted in the fork and report back.
    I'm having some 'issues'.

TIA

Executive User - UK
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rpm100

Grab hold of your wheel and check for lateral play when mounted in the fork and report back.

TIA
    no issues here. Try a allen key through the hole in the axle to nip up and tighten down the lever thing. Zero play anywhere here in mine. Rock solid.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rpm100

TIA
    hope hub by any chance?
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

mtbr member
    Yes, but also some (but less so) slop with a king. No movement with either hubs in a Fox 40 or Lyrik.

Working direct with Roger on it.
    Any thoughts?

PM if you prefer.

mtbr member
    only thoughts were @ the hub. had a spate of issues a while back and folk were getting new lowers from fox but turned out it was the bearings in hope hubs not being pressed fully in. wee tap with a hammer and the issue went away(or at least ive not seen it since!)
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

Nicolai
    No problems on my end as well. No play Wat so ever!

@rpm - keep us updated.

not great news..................

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AttitudeBikes
    Guys,

this is my personal bike. Saw this thread on the same day i assembled my new Revelation XX 150mm fork over my old DT swiss exc150mm. Immidiately sold the XX and ordered the Deville.

Just had it assembled. WIsh it had arrive earlier last week and use it for my Night downhill race. anyways. Im loving the fork so far. WIll try it soon in the trail and give you guys some comments IMO> . using the rear Vivid air shox. feel fantastic every since i had it and just grows on me. Hopefully i don have to change any suspension in along long time....

any advice or comments is welcome. i am sticking to the base setting BOS suggested to start off for now..
    Oh my god that is a damn hot bike man!
    Is it possible to get a better photo from that beauty?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AttitudeBikes

Probably the best looking bike ive seen on here, very handsomely subtle

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast