Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BOS Deville

TSC
    Buehliever

BOS Deville

Iím interested in buying a BOS Deville, BUTÖ

BOS has recently stopped allowing service centers to service forks from foreign customers. In the USA there isnít a BOS service center.

BOS has stopped selling individual seals and is requiring the purchase of their full service kit, which is quite expensive for doing minor service.

Edit: I've decided to go with a modified fork from avalanchedownhillracing.com. I haven't seen a comparison between the Deville and but one poster whose opinion I value is in LOVE with Lyrik w/Avy mods. It self-serviceable and I can get Avalanche's help in the US if I need it.
    Last edited by TSC; 05-09-2012 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Update

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    TSC, tomorrow I will ring R53 Sport (the UK distributor) and find out for sure about the manual and spare parts and let you know.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    TSC, PM sent.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Any response from R53?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I get the impression that BOS are not keen on promoting DIY servicing at this time. R53 can supply seal kits but you do need some special tools I'm told.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    R53 are doing a guide to serviceing,but it isnt finished yet.

I am slowly loseing faith in Bos,Excellent product,but Bos seem to be unhelpful and slow

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by loamranger View Post
    TSC, tomorrow I will ring R53 Sport (the UK distributor) and find out for sure about the manual and spare parts and let you know.
    any response from R53 Sport????

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Hello

Since the winter is slowly coming ... I would like to know if there is anything new with service guide for BOS Deville fork?

I'm not happy with sending Fork over Europe for basic service and oil change.
    Do you maybe have any information about "BOS AMX 3" oil mentioned in Users Manual. What is i'ts viscosity?

Best regard and thanks for all the help

mtbr member
    Lukaz
    ive serviced a few now. its really pretty straight forward.if youve ever serviced any other fork you'll find it no problem. when i get a chance ill post some instructions
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

flash bikes for flash gits

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    dipper:

I've serviced some before, so it should not be a problem. Please let me know about instruction when you will get a change
    Can you just let me know about type of oil and seals you are using?

Best regards and thanks
    Luka

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dipper View Post
    Lukaz
    ive serviced a few now. its really pretty straight forward.if youve ever serviced any other fork you'll find it no problem. when i get a chance ill post some instructions
    that would be great

mtbr member
    im using Bos oil and fox 34 seals. i believe TFtuned have used normal fork oil with no problems
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

mtbr member
    This is unofficial as in not instructions from Bos directly although i have had some pointers from R53

140mm oil volume 207ml, measurement 60mm
    160mm oil volume 212ml, measurement 50mm
    170mm oil volume 211ml, measurement 58mm
    Air side 5ml all models.

Stripping down is easy enough so i wont go into that. you'll probably find no free oil in the air side as it mixes with the grease.

When you are in a position to refit the Allen bolt on the air side, with the fork at full extension, pour in the 5ml of lubrication oil, (make sure this goes into the leg and not the air piston rod. i tilt the fork to make sure it doesnt drop straight in) when you fit the bolt make sure the fork is fully compressed. This is to minimise the air in the lower leg.

Another pointer for you is make sure you fit the stanchion seals into the lowers dry, once fitted then lubricate the sealing lips with grease and oil. I know R53 use Silkolene Pro RG2 grease(and therefore so do i as they know more than me) for the bushings on the air side leg.

hope that helps
    Last edited by dipper; 09-29-2012 at 10:59 AM.
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

mtbr member
    Also, you'll probably find a circular sliver of metal in the air side. it's from where the air piston rod connects to the lowers. this is normal at the first service

if using non bos oil id start with 7.5wt and see how it feels
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

steep fast and loose :)
    Dipper, you are something else... A super star really......

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Just had confirmation that R53 are no longer the UK importer. Pretty gutted, as Roger is a nice guy. Not sure the reason why they've stopped. Other than send my Deville to France if it needs a service (has worked brilliantly for the last 2 years), is TFTuned now servicing Bos products?

mtbr member
    oops wrong thread!
    Last edited by dipper; 10-02-2012 at 09:07 AM.
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fatwheeled View Post
    Just had confirmation that R53 are no longer the UK importer. Pretty gutted, as Roger is a nice guy. Not sure the reason why they've stopped. Other than send my Deville to France if it needs a service (has worked brilliantly for the last 2 years), is TFTuned now servicing Bos products?
    DIY, France or J-Tech are your options at the moment.

mtbr member
    hard to believe after reading this article that bos would 5h!t the bed on servicing their forks

Bos Suspension: A History of Victory - Pinkbike

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    bos just replied to my e-mail and said they are still trying to find a service/distributor for the uk. they asked me to send my devilles to them directly. i have gone back to them about costs and turnround. i will post reply when i get one.

"El Whatever"
    The only thing that bothers me from BOS is that they only make their dang forks in white...

WHY????????

My bike is dark olive green and would look like total shait with a white fork and going to white rims, saddle, etc would make me look like a 13yo FR wannabe with an identity crisis.

Come on.... suspension makers, please stop making white forks. It's stupid. What was so wrong with black?

That and a few reports here and there about breakages and such, but what manufacturer doesn't have them? OTOH, Fortunately there's a dealer for BOS in Mexico!
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000 View Post
    hard to believe after reading this article that bos would 5h!t the bed on servicing their forks

Bos Suspension: A History of Victory - Pinkbike
    good article that. shame it seems to be going down the pan as they have some great products. R53 had a nightmare with them. Bos have since sent out pricelists to UK dealers so we can buy direct but i cant get them to answer an email! id love to keep supplying them but if there's no back up i wont touch them

R53 could easily have done for Bos what Mojo have done for Fox. Mojo are possibly the best supplier in the UK to deal with(along with Hope) and while the damping IMO is not quite as good as Bos the service makes up for it
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

mtbr member
    It's got me puzzled why BOS would even bother (other than to pat their own backs) spending the time doing the PB interview, it seams they have no interest in the NA market.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Hiya folks, just a quick question here - how long does it take for the BOS devilles to break in before becoming supple? I had put in about 3 hours of trail time (not including normal cycling on the public roads) on mine (just got it installed last Friday), and it is still stiff feeling. It definitely moves for sure, and the low speed comp adjusters seem to be doing their job. Secondly, I just could not get 50mm of sag on mine, and I'm already at the lowest air pressure (3.5bar). Any lower and the fork lowers would just not extend to 160mm. At the moment, I only get 25mm of sag. And I weigh 62 kilogrammes. Kitted out, I would probably weigh 65 kilogrammes. Cheers

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Hi Zachrharon, have you equalised the air chambers?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast