Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    "Its All Good"

August 2011 Nicolais in Action.................

Come on Northern Hemisphere Nicolai peeps, full summer for you all, furnish us with some great shots please...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Not great shots but a start....[IMG]IMG_0354[/IMG]
    Nicolai Bikes in the South of England head to..
    http://www.head-for-the-hills.co.uk

mtbr member
    [IMG]IMG_0371[/IMG]

mtbr member

IMG_0340 by redhotgtir, on Flickr

IMG_0341 by redhotgtir, on Flickr

IMG_0342 by redhotgtir, on Flickr

IMG_0343 by redhotgtir, on Flickr

IMG_0344 by redhotgtir, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Here is a little video from last Monday, let me know what you think!

No Dust in August from Pouss Mouss on Vimeo.

mtbr member
    I like that :-)
    Is that in the UK ?
    Looks like it could be round here...

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    It's in France but close to the UK : in Normandy.

mtbr member
    Are there lots of good trails there ? looks just like a few places not much more than 10kms from here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 5c0tty View Post
    Are there lots of good trails there ? looks just like a few places not much more than 10kms from here.
    There are some good trails indeed but most of them are private or illegal... Unfortunately.

"Its All Good"
    Sweet video, some nice looking terrain.
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I just got back from Verbier and THE best week of riding in my entire life, including the single best day on the bike Iíve ever had Ė Whafe, this day was even more incredible than the day I spent in Noble Canyon. Not to belittle Noble Canyon, but this particular ride was beyond belief.

I went with Bike Verbier (VERBIER HOLIDAYS - Mountain biking and ski/snowboard holidays in Verbier) , run by Lucy and Phil, two of the best hosts and the best bike riders Iíve ever had the pleasure of meeting.

The pictures are all from the week but the standout day was the last one. We covered about 25 miles, 600m of ascent and 5000m of descent including the fastest, rockiest, steepest, rootiest, **** spitting, side slipping root ragging, roost wrapping awe inspiring descent Iíve ever done. Nigh on 2000m of down over eight miles of single and double track and more hairpins than a hairdresserís mannequin.

I had the honour of following Steve Wade, co-founder of Orange Bikes down one of the sections (this guys is 55 and still fast as all hell!); he was riding an Orange 224 Evo with CCDB and Totems (yes it had a double and bash, but the thing still weight around 37lbs and he pedalled it all day!) and the Helius was more than up to the task of keeping his wheel down the 39 hairpins of the middle section (thereís a video of the entire section on YouTube, verbier secret descent - YouTube the videos are ĎVerbier Secret Descent 1 through 4)

Verbier is without a doubt the best place Iíve been on the bike. Not only were all the trails we rode absolutely blindingly brilliant, in the entire week I think I saw maybe a dozen other mountain bikers and very few walkers. This is an unspoilt gem of a location!

The top of the 'Secret Descent' from Verbier down into the Sion Valley. This is the top of a 500m hike a bike. The other guy in the picture is Steve Wade.

This is the Vallon D'Arby descent. About 4 miles of really rocky sinuous single track with a pretty steep drop on the right. Real class!

A bit blurred but a moderate step down on one of the woody trails. Maybe four feet by six feet.

This was the single most buts section of the whole week. A sub one metre wide rocky shute, steep enough to need chains to help you get down, with a 90 degree left hander at the bottom that leads you into another 180 degree right hander not more than 2 metres later.

No one in Verbier has actually made the shute and the turn but a few people have made it down the shute and then overshot the turn. The ground beneath is less steep than the shute but it's still the steepest, loosest and narrowest single track I've ever seen. It flows into a series of 180 switchbacks so tight the only way around is to track stand and hop.

Needless to say we all carried our bikes down it.

Top of another 400m hike a bike. This is the start of a trail called 'Vortex'. Is this to die for or what?

At the top of a 500m ride!

Fast flowy single track was the order of the day. About 20m after this and travelling at warp speed, you hit a blind rocky crest with a sharp drop of about 3m! No time to brake!

"Its All Good"
    Oh boy, great suite of pictures, I am envious.... Looks awesome........ Thanks so much for sharing

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Last weekend ...

Berninatrail_Part_one from Stefan Schoenenberger on Vimeo.

Part II to follow

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

mtbr member
    Geetee, I was in verbier last week with my green Ion, but for DH riding only. The view there is really beautiful, and your singletracks looks awesome, thanks for sharing !
    I've juste came back from a two weeks road trip around switzerland, I am preparing a film of these two weeks, but before that, here is a film of one day ride in one of the best european resort : Chatel, France :-
    chatel 2011 - YouTube
    Never enough singletracks !

mtbr member
    Samwell ! Some hardcore trail ridding there, You three guys are very well matched in skills ! Makes my photo's above seem very very lame.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    with my green Ion, but for DH riding only
    Awesome! Although Steve Wade was riding his Orange 224 with Totem's 'XC' bike on the all day ride we did! Was quite amazing to see him ride a full on DH bike like it was a trail machine!

What trails did you ride in Verbier then and when exactly were you there? I was there from the 6th to the 13th; I'm surprised we didn't cross paths if you were there the at the same time.

Pretty much everything we did was gravity orientated; any pedaling, pushing or carrying we did was to get to a good bit of DH!

mtbr member
    We were on verbier on the 17th, that's why you didn't see me. We rode all the dowhnill tracks, red, black and yellow. The yellow one is very physical but very cool, mostly the jumps on the top which were fun to ride and quite big, and the roots and rocks on the lower part !
    The red on the other side of the hill was more like an enduro track, quite hard to turn on it with the downhill bikes, so very technical with low speed, we loved it too ! But in one day, we gave the trailbuilders a lot of work, 'cause there was only dust and it was becoming rougher at each downhill.
    One of the greatest resort of our road trip !

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    We rode parts of the black (in the wet on the first day!) and all of the red (which I loved and agree, it was just like an enduro track and quite technical) while we were there, but the Yellow, which I think is a European Cup course (this is the one that snakes under the telecabine right?), was not something the guides were keen to take us down! They said it was all very rideable, but that the lower section was so steep and rocky, you had to ride it fairly committed. Plus there was a big step down you had no choice but to hit?

I thought it looked awesome myself from what i could see from the gondola!

mtbr member
    A quick edit of the best parts of the yellow trail. Actually we start with the jumps of the red, and then we are on the yellow. You can avoid the big step down, but that's the rocks and the steepness of the track that is really hard.
    Enjoy it all you southern hemisphere peeps, it will surely bring good memories back :-)
    Sunny and dusty Verbier

mtbr member

corriehabbie

AM and AC29er up on the Corriehabbie platau in the foothills of the highlands. Just before the flat out near 2 mile descent back to the bottom.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails August 2011 Nicolais in Action.................-coriiehabbie.jpg  

www.gravity-sports.co.uk

flash bikes for flash gits

mtbr member
    Here it is, first video of our trip in switzerland in August 2011 ! Neuchatel is one of the good surprises of this trip ! Watch in full 1080p HD, it's way better !
    Neuchatel - Day 2 - YouTube

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by samwell View Post
    Here it is, first video of our trip in switzerland in August 2011 ! Neuchatel is one of the good surprises of this trip ! Watch in full 1080p HD, it's way better !
    Neuchatel - Day 2 - YouTube
    Good riding mate,awesome trail

"Its All Good"
    Awesome riding and video Sam, rocking it...... Yeah ha...

mtbr member
    Here it comes, Day 3 - Wiriehorn
    Less jumps, and lot more speed or steepness. Enjoy !
    Sorry I got a bit lazy translating the french parts in the film....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast