Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Anyone ridden a Lambda ST?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Whafe 
#1 ·
It seems like it could be a cool bike for DH/FR beatdowns. I know that there aren't any in the build thread, but I hoped that someone who has one or has ridden one is maybe lurking. If so, tell me about it. Is it plush? Stiff rear? Good braking characteristics? Fully built pics would be good, too. TIA.

See less See more
#6 ·
PC, while that frame is cool and has literally tons of adjustments most all of them that I have seen and read about have been pretty portly. However, everyone says they ride very well and are uber stiff. This seems to be a common thread among Nicolais though :)

Hit up Err about a helius ST. That would be a perfect bike for some serious FR/DH stuff without being overly heavy. And with the new geo the frame mates up very nicely with a tall single crown forker! Ready to rip just about anything.

#7 ·
I recently picked up a demo Speshy Big Hit so I'm all set for this coming season. It's my first long-travel bike, though, so I'm just getting my feet wet figuring what I do and don't like in terms of geometry and whatnot. And of course, I've already got UGI so I'm looking ahead to the next FR bike purchase in a season of two. :D

The Helius ST looks really sweet. In fact all the Nicolais have been growing on me the last couple of months. I really like the gearbox concept, right now it looks like Nicolai only has the Nucleon TST Evo and the Nucleon TFR. The TST is for race only and the TFR only has ~7" travel and I think I'd want something with a full 8"+ of travel. Something like the Helius ST, only with the gearbox. :thumbsup:

Of course, it's gotta be good enough for me to break off my love affair with the Knolly V-tach. :D
boone said:
PC, while that frame is cool and has literally tons of adjustments most all of them that I have seen and read about have been pretty portly. However, everyone says they ride very well and are uber stiff. This seems to be a common thread among Nicolais though :)

Hit up Err about a helius ST. That would be a perfect bike for some serious FR/DH stuff without being overly heavy. And with the new geo the frame mates up very nicely with a tall single crown forker! Ready to rip just about anything.

#9 ·
PCinSC said:
TFR only has ~7" travel and I think I'd want something with a full 8"+ of travel. Something like the Helius ST, only with the gearbox. :thumbsup:
PC, the TFR may have 7 inches, but it feels more for sure. WHen I spent a week in Whistler, I never had any issues with wanting more travel....

But as Booonneee mentions, if you want more travel and a GBoxx, may have to wait for the ION GBoxx. I truly love my TFR though, it doesnt get ridden enough though, but when it does, i love it...

Oh to know what we know now back then... I think one of the best all round bikes for most stuff would be a Helius ST........ In saying that, I am stunned how great a bike the Helius FR is, it is a strong bike... AM still stoked with it.... Will ride ATT and Noble on it this weekend with Aqua, so am amping..... Just wish this delayed plane would take off so I can get there.....

Knolly's are hot too. My 3 favorite bikes are Knolly's, Nicolai and Ventana.... Not forgetting my Jones though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.