mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Anyone in need of or interested in a Fox Float RP23BV for a Helius AM?

I have one that I am thinking of selling on and since it's set up with the bushes and spacers for my Helius AM, I thought I would tout it here first.
    My original plan was to swap it for the CCDB as and when I was riding something that warrantied it, but to be honest it just feels great everywhere.
    I've thus had it a few months, used it maybe a dozen times.
    If anyone is interesteed PM me and we can talk prices but I am looking for around 75% of new.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    what size shock is it? 2.5 inch?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Good question - it's 200mm by 57mm or in old money, 7.875" by 2.25"

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    The ccdb feels great everywhere or the RP23?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    The CCDB feels great everywhere althoug the RP23 is also very good. I just enjoy how the CCDB feels more as it has less of a 'presence' on the bike.

It's hard to explain but to use a metaphor, it's a bit like listening to live music versus listening to music through a HiFi. Even if the HiFi is of a very high standard, it still sounds like there is something in between you and the music, i.e. the equipment.

The CCDB is very transparent. A lot of the riding I'm doing is less about big rocks and more about technical loamy, rooty trails where the hits aren't so big but grip is massively important. The CCDB performs so well even here where the bike just feels more composed.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I agree. Mind sharing your settings,geetee?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I need to check as it's some time since I set it up (this was following a conversation with Malcom who gave me the suggestion based on knowing it was a Helius AM the unit was on) but from memory:

LSC - 10 clicks from fully open
    LSR - 15 clicks from fully open
    HSC - I might not have any, maybe one full turn at most?
    HSR - 1 or 1.5 turns

I came to these setting having had the LSC wound almost all the way in (so full LSC damping), which made the bike pedal very well indeed and the unit still felt really good, but opening up the LSC made a monumental difference.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I'm running about the same.....LSC 8 LSR 12 HSC/R 1.