mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Am I missing out?

Hi to all,

I'm a proud owner of a 2005 CC. It's a large, with a Rohloff Speed Hub, pushed RP3 shock, and Revelation forks. I was just wondering whether I'm missing out on much when compared to the latest model CC. I think the top tube might have grown a little - any other differences?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    You can officially use longer forks up to 520mm a2c-length (e.g. RockShox Pike). That came with a, IMO, with a not so nice butterfly-gusset under the toptube.

The diameter of the seatstays got slightly bigger. But you still have order the 200mm disc-rotor extra, but at least it's no surcharge anymore.

Other than that I believe nothing changed, at least nothing one could see on first sight.

How about some pictures ?

Distributor
    The geometry changed to both lower and lengthen the top tube and allow use of longer forks - the 05 was optimised for 100mm forks, the later bike for 130mm. Running a revelation on an 05 will result in a higher than intended bottom bracket and slacker head angle.
    Simon Still
    Momentum Distribution
    www.nicolai-uk.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Am I correct in thinking that the rear suspension on a 2005 can be set for up to 129mm of travel? If so, is 130mm still too long for the forks? I can shorten the Revelations, but isn't it usual to balance travel front and rear?