Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 57

Thread: Ac

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,001

    Ac

    This is my AC,Had it since xmas,just had all the bearing covers,shock link etc re-anodised Red.

    Its a trail ripper.26" wheels aswell.2x10 X0,Bos forks and a CCDB.



    Weighs in at just below 30lbs.






  2. #2
    steep fast and loose :)
    Reputation: The_Lecht_Rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,270
    seems heavy at 30lbs..............?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    560
    Looks real sweet, red highlights make it look very dapper

  4. #4
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Sick Nicolai, a stunner......

    For me that weight is sweet, a build like that & under 30 lbs, awesome....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lecht_Rocks
    seems heavy at 30lbs..............?

    So am i at 225lbs,dont want to light a build,The CCDB adds a bit,wheels and tyres arnt the lightest.

  6. #6
    "El Whatever"
    Reputation: Warp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    18,831
    What a sweet bike, Norcosam. You didn't spare on suspension, the way it should be!

    Congrats!!
    Check my Site

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,001
    Thanks

    Went out for a quick blast earlier,loved it,still fiddling with the CCDB,nearly there now.

  8. #8
    steep fast and loose :)
    Reputation: The_Lecht_Rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,270
    interesting.
    i weigh in at 180lbs [6' tall]

    the chumba vf2 weighs in now at 27.8lbs.....offers 150mm of travel and seems rock solid so far.....

    tight as the AM in lateral stiffness and zero pedal strike

    glad i'm out of the Nicolai tunnel vision .....

    always got the Ti456 to keep it real of course...

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lecht_Rocks
    interesting.
    i weigh in at 180lbs [6' tall]

    the chumba vf2 weighs in now at 27.8lbs.....offers 150mm of travel and seems rock solid so far.....

    tight as the AM in lateral stiffness and zero pedal strike

    glad i'm out of the Nicolai tunnel vision .....

    always got the Ti456 to keep it real of course...

  10. #10
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lecht_Rocks
    interesting.
    i weigh in at 180lbs [6' tall]

    the chumba vf2 weighs in now at 27.8lbs.....offers 150mm of travel and seems rock solid so far.....

    tight as the AM in lateral stiffness and zero pedal strike

    glad i'm out of the Nicolai tunnel vision .....

    always got the Ti456 to keep it real of course...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ac-erica-yawn-200305211.jpg  

    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  11. #11
    steep fast and loose :)
    Reputation: The_Lecht_Rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,270
    fan bois of the world unite....

    you've bought into a dud ............


    seriously.........

    possibly...............

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,001
    I have done over 300 miles since xmas,No pedal strikes to report.Could be skill and suspension setup.
    Do you want me to help you set up the Revs.

    Go and annoy the Chumba forum,or is Alan still *****ing at people.Good display by the Chumba man himself.

  13. #13
    steep fast and loose :)
    Reputation: The_Lecht_Rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,270
    it's the internet Sam - It's not real mate...

  14. #14
    steep fast and loose :)
    Reputation: The_Lecht_Rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,270
    and the Revs are fookn awful for set-up FWIW....

    Fox still rule....

  15. #15
    steep fast and loose :)
    Reputation: The_Lecht_Rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,270
    300 miles - HARDCORE !

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lecht_Rocks
    it's the internet Sam - It's not real mate...
    You are though.

  17. #17
    steep fast and loose :)
    Reputation: The_Lecht_Rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,270
    i'm a mere fragment of internet imagination - a challenge to your insecurities

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lecht_Rocks
    and the Revs are fookn awful for set-up FWIW....

    Fox still rule....
    I know,
    you have my old set.
    Bos and you know it,Excellent fork,Sit higher in the travel,dosent waste travel(keeps the BB higher and they work very well.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lecht_Rocks
    300 miles - HARDCORE !
    150 miles a month,about 40 per week not bad for someone that works 60 hours a week and has 2 kids.

  20. #20
    steep fast and loose :)
    Reputation: The_Lecht_Rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,270
    i walk 8 miles per day, 5 days a week.

    I swim 2.8 km at least 6 times per week.

    MTB at least 8 hours per week.

    2 gym sessions and 1 spin classes per week.....

    and i'm still not fast enough to get a BOS race fork to work for me.......

    and your Revs have pitted Bushing heads - Maintenance is King obviously...

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lecht_Rocks
    i walk 8 miles per day, 5 days a week.

    I swim 2.8 km at least 6 times per week.

    MTB at least 8 hours per week.

    2 gym sessions and 1 spin classes per week.....

    and i'm still not fast enough to get a BOS race fork to work for me.......

    and your Revs have pitted Bushing heads - Maintenance is King obviously...
    And you still cant keep up with Dipper on the climbs.That man must be fast.

    What is a Bushing head?

    Serviced every 20 hours as reccomended,Even did them before i fitted them just in case they were dry from the factory.

  22. #22
    steep fast and loose :)
    Reputation: The_Lecht_Rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,270
    I must be permanently exhausted - give him another email asking for my chastisement LOL........

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lecht_Rocks
    I must be permanently exhausted - give him another email asking for my chastisement LOL........

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,407
    Maybe he's over training needs more beer and crisps and less poncing about down the gym! Works for me. If Im feeling a wee bit weak in the legs I find red bull and a cheeseburger gets me right back on form
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

    flash bikes for flash gits

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by dipper
    Maybe he's over training needs more beer and crisps and less poncing about down the gym! Works for me. If Im feeling a wee bit weak in the legs I find red bull and a cheeseburger gets me right back on form
    Sounds like proper training

  26. #26
    steep fast and loose :)
    Reputation: The_Lecht_Rocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,270
    your arms are as big as my legs ye fat basterd.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,407
    It's nae fat! It's stored energy!

    Nice bike by the way Sam. 30lb seems very reasonable considering the forks and shock. My 29er is 31lb with air shock and fox 32's!
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

    flash bikes for flash gits

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    560
    How does every thread in this forum end up with one pr1ck zealot derailing it? This thread was about a bloke enjoying his bike

    Surely your bank balance is big enough to let your ego get over fact you fuc ked up in buying a bike you can't get on with? If I thought you needed the money I'd buy the bike off you just on the off chance you'd post here less often

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by dipper
    It's nae fat! It's stored energy!

    Nice bike by the way Sam. 30lb seems very reasonable considering the forks and shock. My 29er is 31lb with air shock and fox 32's!
    Thanks, Could be lighter if i wanted,but wouldnt want to ruin the way it rides,Its fast,and fun.

  30. #30
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    TLR - Dude, we can accept that you are not into the AC etc, you suffer pedal strike, I respect that, as am sure others do too, but that does not mean it is open slather to be critical to a bunch of fella's that enjoy their Nicolai's....

    Am not precious about you knocking Nicolai at all, each to there own, however you are the only one whom suffers this trait...

    Am stoked you are enjoying the Chumba, to have a bike one enjoys is the name of the game.

    I would give my left nut to be able to train as much as you do... Stoked you can....
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  31. #31
    Executive User - UK
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lecht_Rocks
    i walk 8 miles per day, 5 days a week.

    I swim 2.8 km at least 6 times per week.

    MTB at least 8 hours per week.

    2 gym sessions and 1 spin classes per week.....

    and i'm still not fast enough to get a BOS race fork to work for me.......

    and your Revs have pitted Bushing heads - Maintenance is King obviously...
    And still time to come on t'internet and post crap....wow!

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rpm100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    445
    Sam, finally you unveil the ac. A true beauty with a cracking spec, but for the love of God man, ditch that lizard skin....
    What's you address and I'll post you a black one

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rpm100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    445
    O and TLR...

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lecht_Rocks
    i walk 8 miles per day, 5 days a week.

    I swim 2.8 km at least 6 times per week.

    MTB at least 8 hours per week.

    2 gym sessions and 1 spin classes per week.....

    and i'm still not fast enough to get a BOS race fork to work for me.......

    and your Revs have pitted Bushing heads - Maintenance is King obviously...

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by rpm100
    Sam, finally you unveil the ac. A true beauty with a cracking spec, but for the love of God man, ditch that lizard skin....
    What's you address and I'll post you a black one
    Will order a new one, have been busy.Need to see what size it is

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by rpm100
    O and TLR...



    Ha Ha,brilliant.

  36. #36
    from 0 - sideways 3.2 sec
    Reputation: derekr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,478
    Quote Originally Posted by norcosam
    This is my AC,Had it since xmas,just had all the bearing covers,shock link etc re-anodised Red.

    Its a trail ripper.26" wheels aswell.2x10 X0,Bos forks and a CCDB.



    Weighs in at just below 30lbs.

    Wow what a stunner mate! Did you get the anodizing done locally it looks somehow better than the normal red ano?

    Best AC i've seen so far

    Agree'd re. the chainstay protector I've had good success ditching the lizard skin type chainstay protector and sticking 3M on instead. Esp if you dont get chain slap although it might be due to the hammerschmidt chain being tight.
    Visit - www.gravity-sports.co.uk - Exclusive high end MTB Products

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by derekr
    Wow what a stunner mate! Did you get the anodizing done locally it looks somehow better than the normal red ano?

    Best AC i've seen so far

    Agree'd re. the chainstay protector I've had good success ditching the lizard skin type chainstay protector and sticking 3M on instead. Esp if you dont get chain slap although it might be due to the hammerschmidt chain being tight.

    Anodising was Orange(previous owner) and i had it Re-Anodised in polished Red,It looks lovely.Anyone needs any doing email me.

    It rides very well.

    I have turned the chainstay protector inside out so its black now.
    This frame is Hammerscmidt ready.

  38. #38
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Yep, one of the best looking small wheeled AC's, then there is the wagon wheel AC's
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rpm100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    445
    Will take you up on that sam, I'll pm you when i need some stuff re doing. The parts you had done have a sort of deep cherry lust to it as opposed to the faded pink that the older Nic stuff has.

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sdr08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    522
    Wow! That's a very nice hardcore AC .

    No weaknesses and 30lb.....perfect all mountain trail ripper . When am I getting a shot? Mind you I'm just back from another pedal on the Gravity Sports AC 29er (just don't tell Dipper as I told him I wasn't going for a cycle tonight! Any excuse to abuse his bike again ) and now I'm wondering if I've chosen the wrong wheel size!!!

    Just hope my one turns out as good as that.

  41. #41
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by sdr08
    and now I'm wondering if I've chosen the wrong wheel size!!!
    Mwah ha ha ha ha ha

    Music to my ears


    I take nothing away from this AC, it is HAAWWWTTTTT. The red in the anodising is the ducks nutz...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by sdr08
    Wow! That's a very nice hardcore AC .

    No weaknesses and 30lb.....perfect all mountain trail ripper . When am I getting a shot? Mind you I'm just back from another pedal on the Gravity Sports AC 29er (just don't tell Dipper as I told him I wasn't going for a cycle tonight! Any excuse to abuse his bike again ) and now I'm wondering if I've chosen the wrong wheel size!!!

    Just hope my one turns out as good as that.
    Thanks,Its is a brilliant little bike.
    I havent ridden a 29er AC,But will be suprised if its much better than the 26" AC.The AC is a flying machine,Mine is built quite heavily,as i am 6ft2 and 225lbs and ride it quite hard,Its not a lightweight XC build,Its built to ride 30 mile XC rides,and also have bit of a play on some sections,Seems to be stable in the air,and the suspension is stunning,that could be the CCDB/Deville combination.
    You have made a good choice,and you will love the 26" AC.
    Loads of tyres and rims for 26" wheels aswell.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sdr08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Mwah ha ha ha ha ha

    Music to my ears


    I take nothing away from this AC, it is HAAWWWTTTTT. The red in the anodising is the ducks nutz...
    Now don't get to excited Whafe! But all that old wives tales you hear about 29ers seem to be just that.......tales! I'll write up a little ride report when I get a chance to save derailing this thread any more than it has been already.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sdr08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    522
    Quote Originally Posted by norcosam
    Thanks,Its is a brilliant little bike.
    I havent ridden a 29er AC,But will be suprised if its much better than the 26" AC.The AC is a flying machine,Mine is built quite heavily,as i am 6ft2 and 225lbs and ride it quite hard,Its not a lightweight XC build,Its built to ride 30 mile XC rides,and also have bit of a play on some sections,Seems to be stable in the air,and the suspension is stunning,that could be the CCDB/Deville combination.
    You have made a good choice,and you will love the 26" AC.
    Loads of tyres and rims for 26" wheels aswell.
    I wouldn't call 30lbs heavy! My current 140mm trail bikes sitting at 30lbs with an air shock and with any luck the AC will turn out at a similar weight. I'd rather have it carrying an extra couple of pounds in weight so I can enjoy the fun parts rather than be compromised.

    Hopefully the AC will arrive soon so we can have a 26/29er shoot out and see what wheel size really is best .

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,407
    Quote Originally Posted by sdr08
    Wow! That's a very nice hardcore AC .

    No weaknesses and 30lb.....perfect all mountain trail ripper . When am I getting a shot? Mind you I'm just back from another pedal on the Gravity Sports AC 29er (just don't tell Dipper as I told him I wasn't going for a cycle tonight! Any excuse to abuse his bike again ) and now I'm wondering if I've chosen the wrong wheel size!!!

    Just hope my one turns out as good as that.
    eh? you told me you were just going to wash it and take pictures!

    thats a couple runs now so get a new thread started so we can hear how youre getting on
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

    flash bikes for flash gits

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shakeyakey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    228
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Lecht_Rocks
    i walk 8 miles per day, 5 days a week.

    I swim 2.8 km at least 6 times per week.

    MTB at least 8 hours per week.

    2 gym sessions and 1 spin classes per week.....

    and i'm still not fast enough to get a BOS race fork to work for me.......

    and your Revs have pitted Bushing heads - Maintenance is King obviously...
    And my dads bigger than your dad!!

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,001
    Another photo,Chainstay protector turned inside out.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,001
    66 miles in the last week.Love it

  49. #49
    "Its All Good"
    Reputation: Whafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    10,697
    Quote Originally Posted by norcosam
    66 miles in the last week.Love it
    Lucky for some

    No that is some sweet miles on a sweet ride...
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,001
    3 rides this week,just over 65 miles.Love it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •