"Its All Good"

9 Months & Still in LOVE

Stripped down the Monster Truck today and gave her a good old clean...

It occurred to me that I have been in love with her for 9 months. How time flies...

I loved her post my first ever ride. It could well have been lust, but I can assure you the love is still alive and kicking.. In

In October I changed the cockpit slightly with wider bars & a direct mount stem, of which enhanced things hugely ride wise... I have been riding the AM29er far more than my AC29er, not for any reason, I guess only that a big group of us are heading to Whistler next September for our 40th's. So as I am a bit odd, the excitement is building already...

I went through a period where I stopped doing a few jumps etc at my usual Sunday ride spot, for no particular reason, except I had got "soft". Have rectified this the past 3 weeks, so am back in the zone, so that is a great thing.... I have had to re learn to jump again on the Monster Truck, am feeling great again... The bike jumps different than the Helius FR, of which was pure beast for jumps... Have sorted it now..

It pedals amazing for the type of bike, it can be an all day ride easy as...

I have not got any complaints about this bike, it just keeps growing on you. I urge any of you that have the opportunity to ever ride an AM29er, to throw a leg over... It will very much surprise you... Am certain dipper will get one at some stage.... Cyril is building one, of which looks the bomb thus far... Along with one stealthy all black AM29er in the US of A...

Verbal erratic typing over....

Today after a wash and the need to remove the last stickers of the fork guards (can I say the quality of stickers on the Dorado have been shocking (only complaint re this fork) )

A recent shot on AV8R....

The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

mtbr member
    You're probably right! Been thinking about it more recently. There's still a few things putting me off though. Mainly fork options but I'd also like to see a more finished look to the bb area. I've never been too keen on the stubby tube behind the st. Makes it look like a proto type rather than a production model. New ions have this nailed though. Or I could go with a pinion.

For now, I'll probably go for another 26er and see how things pan out next year.
    www.gravity-sports.co.uk

flash bikes for flash gits

mtbr member
    One of my favorite 29ers. Of all time.

"Its All Good"
    Hear you dipper on the look of the BB area, I see it as more function than looks if that makes sense, am so aware of the need to shorten the chainstays whilst trying to get more travel, this is one of the only ways it seems..

A Pinion AM29er would be great, time will tell on that for me.... Still loving this bike to much to go for a Pinion...

Also yes on the Fork options. They will come am sure... But to be honest, the Dorado is a hell of a fork and does far better than what most would think... This bike pedals way good...

Quote Originally Posted by dipper View Post
    You're probably right! Been thinking about it more recently. There's still a few things putting me off though. Mainly fork options but I'd also like to see a more finished look to the bb area. I've never been too keen on the stubby tube behind the st. Makes it look like a proto type rather than a production model. New ions have this nailed though. Or I could go with a pinion.

For now, I'll probably go for another 26er and see how things pan out next year.
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

"Its All Good"
    Thanks for that... It is my favorite to, but hey I am biased... All biased thoughts aside, it is a fantastic performing bike..

Had a great ride today on her, she went fantastic....

Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    One of my favorite 29ers. Of all time.

mtbr member
    I still love mine also. Great bike pedal real well