Thread: 29er Hard tail

mtbr member
    May 2004

29er Hard tail

Can you please help, I'm finding it hard to get 29er hard tail photos, those of you who have then please show me before I buy.

Thanks in advance

Bubbleblower

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    There was a very nice kawa green Argon 29er floating around somewhere. Do a google images search for Nicolai Argon 29er and its about the eighth result on there on with lots of others.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by geetee1972 View Post
    There was a very nice kawa green Argon 29er floating around somewhere.
    Possibly mine

...now with black cranks:

I hate the looks of the Poploc lever, but that's the most ergonomic position for me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I like that.

would like a 29er hardtail.

was wondering about Belt drive and internal gear rear hub.

mtbr member
    Hmm. Kalle Nicolai said that the belt drive costs about three times as much as a (good) chain and lasts about three times as long. Also, the belt drive requires very accurate assembly and alignment otherwise there seem to be some durability problems. Not really a con argument, but it shows that the belt drive is not trouble free per se.

As for the IGH: I had a Rohloff and didn't like it at all. Shifting under load was impossible, it's super heavy, noisy, and I couldn't operate the twist shifter when out of the saddle (always shifted two gears). No option for an xc hardtail, I think.

Edit: The Rohloff also felt like sucking some additional watts.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Midgetman View Post
    Hmm. Kalle Nicolai said that the belt drive costs about three times as much as a (good) chain and lasts about three times as long. Also, the belt drive requires very accurate assembly and alignment otherwise there seem to be some durability problems. Not really a con argument, but it shows that the belt drive is not trouble free per se.

As for the IGH: I had a Rohloff and didn't like it at all. Shifting under load was impossible, it's super heavy, noisy, and I couldn't operate the twist shifter when out of the saddle (always shifted two gears). No option for an xc hardtail, I think.

Edit: The Rohloff also felt like sucking some additional watts.
    All that seems to want to say go 1x11 on it.

mtbr member
    Either that or singlespeed.