FKA Malibu412

Washington High School Cycling League

I know this is the Oregon forum but quite a few of us SW WA bikers hang out here also. You must be a Washington resident to participate on the WA program. Hopefully, Oregon's is coming soon. Next year?

If you or a high school aged young person you know would be interested in participation in the Washington High School Cycling League with the Southwest Washington Team, please check out the included info and directions or PM me. Time is short, I know, but there still is time to get involved. In addition to team training activities, we will be conducting skills and maintenance clinics at the Camas shop. There will be 2 scheduled competition events for the 2011 season, one on April 3 and the second on May 1.

Mal

High School Cross Country Mountain Bike Racing is here in Washington!

We are the 3rd state in the nation to get awarded a league!

Join us in spreading the word and helping establish teams in our area of the state for the inaugural season this spring.

If you are a High School student and want to be on a team, get a hold of us, and tell your school and parents about the league.

Enrolling Students Now for the Composite Clark County Team

Deadline to enroll Feb18

Contact Ed at sponsoring shop, ed@camasbikes or 360-210-5160 or visit www.washingtonmtb.org
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

mtbr member
    This is pretty cool.

Where will the races be held?
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

FKA Malibu412
    I believe the events are going to be at a park in the Tacoma area where spectators can have access. I don't know the name. Details are still unfolding for us adult volunteers as well.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

MattSavage
    Quote Originally Posted by Malibu412
    I believe the events are going to be at a park in the Tacoma area where spectators can have access. I don't know the name. Details are still unfolding for us adult volunteers as well.
    Is the Washington league associated with this organization: http://www.nationalmtb.org/ ?
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

MattSavage
    Nevermind, answered my own question by clicking on my own link...

This would be awesome in Oregon. If local High Schools can pull off skiing and snowboarding leagues, why not mtb? Although Portland couldn't host more than a short track race, there's lots of areas that could outside of town.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

mtbr member
    May 2005
    When my sons and I raced several years ago, South Salem High School had a team. Don't know if it still exists though.