mtbr member

Start them Young..

Getting his 29er wheels under him......Start them Young..-29ery.jpg
    Leverick

The Older I Get, the Faster I Was...........

mnt bike laws of physics

Great picture

When I was in Socorro, NM for a race earlier this year, there was a couple who traveled around with their two boys (8 and 10) so they (the boys only) could race. They are from Cortez, Colorado. The 10 year old was on a 29er....seriously. I couldn't believe it, but he rode it well...in fact he was the national champion in his age group. The dad is training them to be professional racers

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I love it!
    '08 Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc (Stolen). I hope you break both kneecaps of the jerk who stole you.

mtbr member
    Indeed, those Cortez boys are quick and focused. Really nice family. The Durango U14er race boys know them well!
    Leverick

The Older I Get, the Faster I Was...........

Got The Life
    May 2010
    Too cool !

mnoutain bkie rdier
    those look like 39ers!

Expert Crasher
    My 14yr old son is 6' tall now. I moved him up to a 21" 29er....it's a tad big for him, but if the pace at which he is consuming food is an indication of future growth potential, he'll definitely grow into it.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

Two Headed Boy
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLightGo
    My 14yr old son is 6' tall now. I moved him up to a 21" 29er....it's a tad big for him, but if the pace at which he is consuming food is an indication of future growth potential, he'll definitely grow into it.
    Haha I was 6' at 14 but only gained an inch after. I still have a tee from that era and its still to big, everyone thought I was going to keep going
    tSETFREEBYLOVEt

Expert Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by Trower
    Haha I was 6' at 14 but only gained an inch after. I still have a tee from that era and its still to big, everyone thought I was going to keep going
    I'm 6'3" and his Grandfather (my Dad) is 6'7". Maternal Grandfather is 6'5". He comes from tall genes . I think he'll mellow out about 6'3", maybe 6'4" max. He already can wear my shoes....
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

Two Headed Boy
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLightGo
    I'm 6'3" and his Grandfather (my Dad) is 6'7". Maternal Grandfather is 6'5". He comes from tall genes . I think he'll mellow out about 6'3", maybe 6'4" max. He already can wear my shoes....

Haha ya my Fathers family is all tall as well, some of my Aunts are even taller than I am! I just never grew as much as the doctors predicted. Oh well I can't imagine how much more I would hit my head on stuff, allready do it enough
    tSETFREEBYLOVEt

mtbr member
    That's what I call "sitting between the wheels"!

We just had the 2nd of 2 races in the inaugural season of Washington High School mountain bike racing (we're a NICA project league) and I was blown away by how many of these kids were riding 29er's. The overall winner of the Varsity boys was on one and he wasn't very big. There were others that made them look proportional though.

mnt bike laws of physics
    I'm 6'4" so for me, it's a no brainer, but the resident SS champ rides an Epic 29er and he is quite short. He was 4th overall in the SS championship last year - the one Ned Overend won.

turtles make me hot
    I'm 6'4" and my brother is 6'2 or so... We both tower over our parents. Hmmmm... the mailman must have been tall.
    I like turtles