It's about showing up.

Norcal High School Racng at Iron Angels

240 High School Racers, boys and girls, will put their tires on the line this Sunday, April 23 at noon. If you are in the neighborhood or have a young middle schooler that wants to see what this is all about come on by. We're at the new Melones Boat Ramp.

ol'guy who says hi &waves

240 teenagers getting together not sitting in front of a video game? This I gotta see.

See ya there.

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

It's about showing up.

Trogs Welcome

I'd appreciate it if you Trogs and Trogettes would come by our tent and say hello.Before 10:30 or so would be best or just after the race before the awards. It's Forest Green with El Cerrtio Racing on the side. You were so cool last year to give up your group ride and help set up the course.

mtbr dismember

Trail report

See my photos and video from Wednesday, the trails are in great shape. I'll be there with DSLR unless it rains, which is highly unlikely. I don't know if this course is much different from the usual March race. But the area of the jump is under water. I hope they build another one so I can get some good photos of those crazy kids. Do I understand correctly that everybody else will be racing starting at 8 am and then the kids will have the course to themselves?

ol'guy who says hi &waves
    [QUOTE=Wherewolf]............... Do I understand correctly that everybody else will be racing starting at 8 am and then the kids will have the course to themselves?.............

Looks like racing starts at 9AM

http://velopromo.com/iron-ent.htm

Last edited by fred-da-trog; 04-21-2006 at 11:53 AM.

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

It's about showing up.

Wherewolf in the hunt.

We used some of your images, with your permission of course, from the 2004 Iron Angels race as gifts to the kids. We hope you will stop by and say hello and have a coffee.
    Here, as in many venues, races for the High Schoolers are run at seperate times from the adults simply because there are so many of them. I believe that this benefits the promoters as well as we are a pretty organized and civil bunch. We really appreciate the courtesy and, especially, their extra effort.
    Nice recent photos and sweet video Steve. I will forward this link to all our kids.
    Last edited by Berkeley Mike; 04-21-2006 at 03:55 PM.

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley Mike
    We used some of your images, with your permission of course, from the 2004 Iron Angels race as gifts to the kids. We hope you will stop by and say hello and have a coffee.
    Here, as in many venues, races for the High Schoolers are run at seperate times from the adults simply because there are so many of them. I believe that this benefits the promoters as well as we are a pretty organized and civil bunch. We really appreciate the courtesy and, especially, their extra effort.
    Nice recent photos and sweet video Steve. I will forward this link to all our kids.
    All I know is that those youngsters can turn those cranks. Plenty of kids half my age passed me at SOC, and they sure were moving up the hills.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun