It's about showing up.

NorCal High School Racng at Granite Bay

NorCal High School Racing brings it's show to Granite Bay this Sunday. Racing Starts at Noon for the Soph and Frosh Boys and Girls, and 1:15 for the Varsity and JV Boys and Girls, after the morning of adult racing.

The TBF course at Granite Bay is one of the most accessable and best viewing courses we have. So if you've had an inkling to come and watch, this is a great one to see.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ride 2 Work, Work 2 Ride!
    Do you have more info?
    "Don't give up, Never give up!"

NedwannaB

Link

Quote Originally Posted by thebigred67
    Do you have more info?
    http://www.tbfracing.com/

Ride 2 Work, Work 2 Ride!
    Cool! Thanks!
    "Don't give up, Never give up!"

mtbr member
    sorry to inform u mike , but things just havent worked out, i have to many things to do, i now do track for my school, ski and DH bike comes before XC, i really just didnt work out ,i still might race but next year,

It's about showing up.

All we can do sometimes

is just keep riding and grinning.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley Mike
    is just keep riding and grinning.
    yep, i try

mtbr member
    Hey Mike, how did your students do at Fort Ord?

It's about showing up.

We looked great!

We ate well. Had a great time. We had a podium and some great efforts from our racers. All in all our club was happy with its' performance. The First race of the season galvanizes things.
    Two things changed; we moved out of a Base Mile orientation and into something more vigorous and dynamic which is a lot more fun. The other thing is that the effort at practices after this race was much more focused.

mtbr member
    Mike,
    I'll be there to watch my son! I'm doing a road race in the early Am and then will head over to the race. Look forward to meeting you. GO MINERS!!!!!!!!!
    Ride to eat, Eat to ride.

mtbr member
    Good to hear Mike! Have a safe drive to Folsom and we'll see you there this weekend!

pedal faster!
    I'll be there there. JV at 1:18

chris

GO LG CATS!!!!!
    ride it like you stole it

It's about showing up.

JV is really tough this year.

There is some great talent there and promises to have some fine racing.

pedal faster!
    Yeah, last year i was top five in the freshmen cat (then i crashed the last race and that dropped me to 19th lol) . I didnt have a good race at cccx, and i still got 12th. so hopefully i can do better this time around.

chris
    ride it like you stole it

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Woo woo, be prepared for Poison Oak ... I did an after work ride out there this afternoon (lots of folks pre-riding it as well), and once on the singletrack loop the poison oak was everywhere, with some close enough to brush if you were in the middle of the trail.

It's about showing up.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Tecnu by the case!

HOO KOO KRAZY

So, how'd things go Sunday?

BTW, I was able to miss most of the poison oak during the duathlon Satruday... and there was PLENTY OF IT EVERYWHERE for sure!
    get busy LIVIN or get busy DYIN!

It's about showing up.

We did very well.

One of our JV boys was Frosh champ last year and he took first and another boy took 5th in that Division. For the rest of our riders, in general, they moved up a notch and looked very good on the course. Some of our more tenative riders still finished back but were clearly more determined. Two of our bigger boys have really stepped it up and showing improvements and expressing tentative satisfaction for the first time. It is changing their lives.
    We also named our 2007 Captain, a Jr., who has always demonstrated generosity, great sportsmanship, and a spirit of volunteerism since he started as a Freshman.

Thanks for asking.

HOO KOO KRAZY

heck yeah!

I was looking through the online pics, just don't know who anyone is... have to know how things went! Wish I could have been there, had to do some dad/husband stuff on Sunday though....
    get busy LIVIN or get busy DYIN!

mtbr member
    We (Nevada Union) had a lot of technical problems but managed to still take 1st over all for D1. I am exceptionally proud of one of our sophmore riders who was riding JV and had to petition to get into varsity, Nate placed 5th as a sophmore in varisity. Also I am seriously impressed with the performance of Menso, dude if you read this you are the real deal. I havne't seen domination like that in a long time. Congrats to everyone that participated, it was a great day of racing, thanks to all that made it possible!

It's about showing up.

Menso's victory

was impressive. Good measure of his compitition and a fine plan well executed. Both he and dad seemed very satisfied with the performance. Menso made a comment echoed from quite a few other racers that the course provided a true mountain bike race, unlike the race at CCCX. It required a different set of technical skills and that really made a difference. It showed particularly in one of our racers; not our very quickest rider but highly skilled.

mtbr member
    I was there to watch my son, it was a blast! It's great how many more spectators there are then when I race
    Mike, every time I went by the tent you were not there. Maybe next time. I have a bunch of great pic's
    Ride to eat, Eat to ride.

It's about showing up.

Merlin, sorry I missed you

The nature of the layout this time pulled me in many different directions. Thank you for stopping bye.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Yes, it was a great course. I raced with the novice man 40-49, but my technical skills aren't anywhere close to my son, Menso, and I finished 7 out of 13. But it was a blast! Just getting ready for Sea Otter.
    It was great to see Menso win the Varsity race. The new bike, extra hydration and knowing that Nick is a fierce competitor, made all the difference. He'll miss the Toro Park race, as we'll be in Arizona for the first Norba race this weekend.

It's about showing up.

Menso ahs been

a nice addition to the League. it's too bad he will miss this one as many people have started to look forward to the duel between Nick and Menso.
    Congrats on your race, dad, a very respectable finish!