It's about showing up.

NorCal High School Racing Starts at CCI Sunday

Now that the Tour of California has passed by, it's time for one of the other important California race series -- the 2007 NorCal High School Mountain Bike Racing Season. The Race series begins on March 4th in Monterey at the CCCX course. This year, 350 students from 25 high school teams will be put to the challenge of our six race series. Coaches work tirelessly to get their athletes prepared and on the start line and we invite you to attend our opener this Sunday, (or a later race) to witness the excitement of high school mountain bike racing. The League is made possible by the Northern California Community and we encourage you check the League website for ways you can get involved with and/or make a contribution to this fast growing phenomenon.

Racing Starts at 11 for Frosh and Soph Racers and starts at 12:15 for Varsity and JV. It is a fantastic scene at a great venue. Bring a kid and share the vibe. Check us out at:

http://www.norcalmtb.org
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Berkeley Mike; 03-02-2007 at 11:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Mike,
    I'll be at the next one with my son, in Folsom. Look forward to meeting you. We will both be racing
    Ride to eat, Eat to ride.

It's about showing up.

Great!

I hope you and your boy will come by the Green El Cerrito Racing Tent for a coffee, some fruit or a bagel!

Bike Geek

... and if we just ... Luther Burbank High School

Berkeley Mike,

The Luther Burbank High School MTB team is looking forward to its first race. Our kids are very excited. They volunteered at the last TBF race and enjoyed watching some kids from your team race.

El Cerrito is a class act, as is the NorCal league. We look forward to riding with El Cerrito and all of the other teams for the first race of the season. Our kids are going to really enjoy getting out of the city to race by the ocean in Monterey.

On a separate note, do you know what the conditions are like out there? Is it pretty muddy right now?

Feel free to stop by the Burbank pit area for some water/gatorade and good conversation!!!
    RIP AL DAVIS

It's about showing up.

Sandy course

Drains well, firm when damply compacted, loosey-goosey inplaces. Pretty rolly but has some climbing. One of my boys is already there and says it is just gorgeous.

I will look for you guys but you might see our green tent. Stop by if I don't see you first.

pedal faster!
    I'm so nervous for this race already lol. I'm racing JV at 12:18.

It's about showing up.

Use that energy

to focus your prepraration. Keep hydrating and eat smart. Go over you bike and fine tune it. Lay out your gear and double check it. Make sure you have a spare tube and such and that it is a good one (been there, done that. I pulled out a 24 inch once!) Pack a set of warm clothes to change into. Do not go out and hammer today and stay off of your feet unless you care going to come over and mow my lawn.

mtbr member
    opps, hey mike i email matt a while ago about racing as an indpented and he has not got back to me. Is it still posible for me to race alone? i though the CCCX race was an invatational only so i planned to not go to it, i will be goin to the next one, will this cause me problems?

matt

It's about showing up.

I am not dead certain.

Menso is riding and he is not an "official club." He has given his school as his club name. Email/PM him and see what he says.

You need a Norba License, a League Registration, and a Race Registration.
    You can get a 1 day Norba Lic for $10. Download all the papers, fill them out, make sure your parents sign them, and bring them with you to the Race along with the appropriate fees. Go to:

norcalmtb.org

and click on races.

We have already registered 324 racers and expect a total of about 400. Reg opens at 8:30. We are prepared to be therre at 8 and try and beat the First Race Reg Thrash. I recommend you do the same.

You know where to find us!

mtbr member
    Sweet I wish they had moutnain bike teams when I was in high school, but no my school had the golf team , yeaaah, not

mtbr member

course conditions

Just finished today's race on the same course you guys are using tomorrow. No puddles. Very fast and firm. Might want to consider skinny/semislick tires. Also, the wind was blowing opposite its normal direction which meant a tail wind on the 2 biggest climbs .
    Hope the same happens tomorrow.
    Good luck everyone and enjoy it!

It's about showing up.

Thanks for the report, Slop

I've sent it on to the team.

How was your race?

mtbr member
    DNF due to a chain breakage on the back 40. Hope to swing by tomorrow to see how races are going. have fun

It's about showing up.

Dang!

Was it grit or operator error?

mtbr member
    Other than fort ord tends to be sandy all the time the trails today were in great shape. I guess it was ...i don't know. The chain was only a month old...karma I guess. First chain break in quite a while.

It's about showing up.

I hear you.

Really sorry about the chainbreak and having it take you out of your race. We will revel in your Karma as you took one for the team. We will look closely at our chains tomorrow.