It's about showing up.

Norcal High School Racing Girls Camp Smashing!

FIRST ALL GIRLS SUMMER CAMP
    The League's first ever ALL GIRLS MOUNTAIN BIKE CAMP was a huge success! This overnight camp was held at Camp Tamarancho in Marin from July 18-22. Eight girls participated, with girls representing teams from Redwood, El Cerito, Berkeley, as well as other areas of Northern California. Five days were spent doing skills clinics, riding great single track, going on an epic ride on Mount Tamalpias, hanging out and having lots of fun. Special guests join the camp each day for clinics (mechanics, technical skills, nutrition, etc.) and rides, including guests from Team Luna Chix and pro-rider and bike shop owner, Julia Violich, as well as other NorCal League coaches. Here's what some of the girls had to say about the camp:

"I will always remember the supportive coaches, fun times, new friends, challenging trails and riding to the top of Mount Tam!"

"Camps like this bring confidence and power to girls."

"Now that I've done the girls camp, I can definitely go mountain biking with no problem!"

For more information go to:
    http://www.norcalmtb.org/

Homegrown

Congrats!

Great job! Sounds like the girls had a great time. I know from some of your other posts that it is sometimes frustrating to try and attact to/keep girls in the sport, but keep up the great work!

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." - bumper sticker