It's about showing up.

NorCal High School Racing cancels Sunday's Boggs race

The forecast for Sunday is 35 degrees, rain all day and high winds.After a meeting with local firefighters, the forest manager, a meteorologist, and a representative from Friends of Boggs (trail council) due to the combination of cold weather, rain and high winds which could compromise emergency response effectiveness as well as the added risks of things such as falling trees, they've decided to cancel the Boggs Mountain race.

They have never cancelled a race in the history of League racing. 500 racers and 1000 supporters sliding around in peanut butter mud I guess is too much risk.

I get it but I am still bummed.

Uncle

Sorry to hear this.

Will there be any attempt to reschedule, or is done... done?

It's about showing up.

No rescheduling

That leaves us 6 weeks between League races. Venues are very difficult to qualify and obtain. It take s a lot of work to make a race happen. Water under the bridge. Move on with the training.

mtbr member
    Too bad. We had a great time sliding around in peanut butter and snow last weekend.

It's about showing up.

Good Call on the cancellation

1/2 inch of rain per hour. Never got above 40. Winds weren't much but it would have been miserable.

Feeling a little taller
    With the cancellation, I invited my team - CoCo Composite to join the BTCEB Gala ride on Saturday. None of my team showed up but 3/4 of the Monte Vista HS team did. It was a great pleasure to have these riders along and since they were the fastest of the group, I had them lead our A group.
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay