It's about showing up.

Norcal High School Racing at Boggs Sunday

The Billy Cross folks are reviving the Boggs race for our 5th race of the season. If youare in the neighborhood, stop by. these kids leave it all out on the course. It is a fine scene. Racing starts at 10 and we will be off the course by 1 in case you want to go out on the course after the big kids get done.

MTBr ReMember

I haven't had this many...

Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley Mike
    The Billy Cross folks are reviving the Boggs race for our 5th race of the season. If youare in the neighborhood, stop by. these kids leave it all out on the course. It is a fine scene. Racing starts at 10 and we will be off the course by 1 in case you want to go out on the course after the big kids get done.
    ...people show up for a ride ever!!!
    I guess telling them that it's a race must be the key!
    They seem to be enjoying the place so far...

Anyway come check it out...

Tim( does enough damage prerace to feel like a participant )

It's about showing up.

Everyone Loved Boggs

First off let me say that I experienced again what I experience whenever I meet MTB folk: great people who just want to keep the wheels rolling. I got to meet Uncle Knobby to gave my club a CD full of great ride videos by Pete and Wherewolf with some of the deizens who haunt this forum. He is a bright, kind, and forward looking man. We were made to feel so welcome and the kids enjoyed the course. The Varsity riders did almost 27 miles and 5000 ft and the finsihs, a two man sprint,t was a glorious bit or racing decided by a wheel. One of the Varsity Girls fell and dislocated her shoulder and walked the last part of the first lap and wanted to walk the second "for the Team points." One of our Girls stopped to support her whre she fell and gave her advil; it cost her 3 places but......
    We will be back.

MTBr ReMember

Knobby???...

Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley Mike
    First off let me say that I experienced again what I experience whenever I meet MTB folk: great people who just want to keep the wheels rolling. I got to meet Uncle Knobby to gave my club a CD full of great ride videos by Pete and Wherewolf with some of the deizens who haunt this forum. He is a bright, kind, and forward looking man. We were made to feel so welcome and the kids enjoyed the course. The Varsity riders did almost 27 miles and 5000 ft and the finsihs, a two man sprint,t was a glorious bit or racing decided by a wheel. One of the Varsity Girls fell and dislocated her shoulder and walked the last part of the first lap and wanted to walk the second "for the Team points." One of our Girls stopped to support her whre she fell and gave her advil; it cost her 3 places but......
    We will be back.
    ...don't be lookin' at my knees!
    Those are wires not knobs...It's Uncle som'thin anyway.
    I reviewed the course and campgrounds with one of the "Friends of Boggs" board members and Wayne our forest manager yesterday.
    They were very pleased with the conditions of the forest and approved Ken's 8 hour race for May 15th.
    I'll be writing an event report for tomorrow's monthly F.O.B. board meeting...too bad I won't be there!!! I'll be sippin' some St Helena ale at the campsite at Sea Otter

Michael,
    It was great to meet you and work with all the kids...the rider who was second did the preride with me...He's quite a rider!

The event generated lots of interest locally and I now have a LBS owner and his son, a Mech from another shop, two people from Konocti unified school dist. and one of our local racers all wanting to make H.S. MTB racing happen in Lake county!
    See'in as how we have a course and a college team to chase, it only seems natural.

(Must be co-incindence that the group is norcalmtb.org...no wonder the Glomar was feelin' it's oats when we parked center stage at the race!)

Thanks Michael...

Tim(currently reviewing the "Children of the Dirt" disk that Matt gave me)

Here's the link to Matt Yamamoto's Bogg's witch project...I mean UCDavis Boggs Mountain race video:

http://f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/mat...@sbcglobal.net
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by UncleMTB; 04-12-2005 at 11:48 AM. Reason: poor linkage...