NORCAL HS MTB LEAGUE SEEKING BOARD MEMBERS
The NorCal High School Mountain Bike League, the nations best junior
cycling program, is looking for a few mature people to serve on its Board
of Directors. The League seeks individuals who are passionate about the
sport of cycling and want to see it succeed in more public and private
high schools. Well connected individuals are needed who can help the
League build it's internal capacity to support rapid growth. If you or
someone you know is interested in furthering our mission -- please contact
Matt Fritzinger, firstname.lastname@example.org/(510) 644-4950.
AUTHORITY/RESPONSIBILITY: The Board of Directors is the governing
authority of the NorCal High School Mountain Bike League, a nonprofit
organization. As a member of the Board, a Director acts in a position of
trust for the community and is responsible for the effective governance of
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS: Knowledge and skills in one or more areas of Board
governance: legal, programs, marketing/promotion and/or fundraising.
TERM: Directors are elected by the board at a quarterly meeting. Directors
serve for a two-year term with no term limits.
1) Commitment to the mission and work of the organization.
2) Knowledge and skills in one or more areas of Board governance: legal,
programs, marketing/promotion and/or fundraising.
3) Willingness to serve on at least one committee and actively
participate; attendance at Board meetings four times per year and periodic
committee conference calls or meetings.
4) A time commitment of ten hours per month, (includes Board
preparation, meeting and committee meeting time) is required.
5) Should be informed on the programs and services provided by NorCal HS
MTB League and publicly support them. Prepare for and participate in the
discussions and the deliberations of the Board.
6) Lead by example with NorCal's fundraising efforts. Make an annual
monetary contribution that is within your means.
1) Governing the NorCal HS MTB League in accordance with NorCal's bylaws.
2) Promote NorCal's mission and help grow membership through community
3) Commit to boosting attendance of yearly benefit dinner and other
4) Cultivate and/or initiate relationships with prospective donors.
5) Establish overall strategic direction, long and short term goals,
annual objectives and priorities for the League.
6) Demonstrate leadership and commitment to organizational values.
7) Be aware of and disclose any personal and/or professional conflict of
a. The pleasure and satisfaction of bringing cycling out of the fringe and
into the mainstream at local high schools
b. The joys of new friendships among like minded individuals.
c. The fun and exitement of working in and near the cycling and racing
d. Opportunities for travel, camps, retreats, riding.
Please send us a brief description of your professional experience, as
well as some background on your experience with youth, cycling and/or
nonprofit work to Matt Fritzinger, ED (email@example.com/(510) 644-4950)
MORE ABOUT THE LEAGUE
Please visit www.norcalmtb.org.
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »