mtbr member

Nor-Cal High School Race @ Fort Ord???

Hi All. I will be going for a pre-run ride with my brother and his daughter this weekend at Fort Ord. The high school team is racing on Sunday @ Mountain Goat Challenge, Pilarcitos Canyon at Fort Ord.

My question is this. Brother wants to drive his Ferrari to the event but is concerned about available parking. Seems Ferraris don’t like to off-road very well. Since I have never ridden here, can someone tell me what the parking is like?

http://www.norcalmtb.org/

Ben
    Looking for that perfect trail…again…and…again…and…again…

mtbr member
    As as little as I want to advise someone about where to park his Ferrari, there is nothing saying you have to start your ride at the venue, which I believe will be maintained dirt roads based on the other Ford Ord location.

I noticed several put-in's along the course:

http://www.seaotterclassic.com/UserF..._7_12_2007.pdf

mtbr member
    Since his daughter is racing and he is a team coach, he will want to be at the start of the race. He is from Folsom and is unfamiliar with Fort Ord area.

Just looking for feedback on the parking area for this race.

We are going Saturday in my truck so we can park / put in anywhere. I am not going to the race on Sunday so he is on his own with his car.

Ben

mtbr member
    I will be racing in that same area on Saturday the 4th, but not in the same part of Fort Ord.
    I drive a Nissan Frountier PU and I slow down for some of the pot holes. For fun I looked at the NorCalMTB site and Google Maps and it looks like your friend will be driving on dirt/gravel roads to a dirt parking area. Man there is a lot of riding out there!
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...=UTF8&t=h&z=18

It's about showing up.

You need to talk to the NorCal Office

Otherwise you will get a bunch of guesses. Go to:

www.norcalmtb.org

You can get maps there and directions. Or call them at:

(510) 653-BIKE

mtbr member
    The road to the parking lot is paved and meanders through the usually closed-off Fort Ord back country. It is a nice drive this time of year. To get to the road go the same way as the last HS race here. The only dirt will be at the parking area. Enjoy

mtbr member
    Thanks SLOP… I will pass this info onto my Bro and let him make the call.

He was just thinking it would be more fun to drive the car from Folsom then his truck but was afraid he could not get it parked because of rough roads or parking lots. Those cars have a long overhang on the front and scrape on driveways and dips real easy. At least the bikes are coming in the team trailer.

Ben

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ICE4Me
    Thanks SLOP… I will pass this info onto my Bro and let him make the call.

He was just thinking it would be more fun to drive the car from Folsom then his truck but was afraid he could not get it parked because of rough roads or parking lots. Those cars have a long overhang on the front and scrape on driveways and dips real easy. At least the bikes are coming in the team trailer.

Ben

Maybe he could sneak it onto Laguna Seca when nobody's looking. It's only a mile or two away from the parking.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Performance Car Parking

Park in the Padock at Laguna Seca and ride downhill to the race. It will take you 4 minutes to the starting location. Also, leave car keys under front drivers side fender . I will be happy to watch the car for you while you ride. Could you please supply racing slicks? I will provide helmet, suit, and fuel. I am sure your car will be just fine.

mtbr member
    You can drive it after my turn. I haven't even seen the thing yet.

Ben