It's about showing up.

MTBR Supports Norcal High School Racing

It is no secret that I have appealed to anyone who will click my posts on this site for support for our El Cerrito High School Racing Club. Gregg Kato, one of the guiding forces at the MTBR site, came forward and donated a full MTBR Kit and we received it today. It is a wondrful piece of work and we will put it a special use. We will create an award for Community Service and this kit will be the prize given at the end of the season BBQ. Appropriate, don't you think?
    Thanks Gregg and thank you MTBR and all the members whomake it such a great, and interesting, place to be.

mtbr dismember

Schedule

So is it definite that you'll be doing the April 23 Glory Hole race rather than the usual early March Iron Angel? I usually photograph the March race and it will be pretty boring without the kids.

It's about showing up.

I like the Iron Angel venue.

I'm not sure what the criteria for chosing venues is but more and more we are finding venues which can dedicate a race to just High School racers. TBF has done this as has Billy Cross, Boggs, and the Championships in 2004 at Wilder. We bring 250 plus racers and their entourage and this can be quite a bit to handle in addition to all comers. At the same time we are a pretty tidy bunch to produce, with lots of admnistrative support from coaches and parents to keep enterants organized and prepared.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley Mike
    It is no secret that I have appealed to anyone who will click my posts on this site for support for our El Cerrito High School Racing Club. Gregg Kato, one of the guiding forces at the MTBR site, came forward and donated a full MTBR Kit and we received it today. It is a wondrful piece of work and we will put it a special use. We will create an award for Community Service and this kit will be the prize given at the end of the season BBQ. Appropriate, don't you think?
    Thanks Gregg and thank you MTBR and all the members whomake it such a great, and interesting, place to be.
    Tip my helmet to MTBR for the donation to you & your hard working team at El Cerrito High School. There will be one lucky hard working sole to recive the MTBR kit at the end of the year.
    I look forward to seeing your name on threads that kids post looking for advise, some of us just wont grow up either. The kid looking for help with his dad to race clipless, you came in with great advise at a good time.
    Keep up the hard work just dont forget to breath every once in awhile .

It's about showing up.

Norcal has Central Valley friends.

I just came across some Iron Angel Images of our kids shot by Weirwolf. Two of those kids are now racing for Cal Berkeley and down at UC Santa Cruz and a third is our top Varsity racer. Weirwolf has helped us archive our experience. last year, due to a proceedural snafu we were unable to get the Iron Angel Course and went, instead, across the road to race by teh firing Range. The day before the race the Trogs stepped forward and gave up their ride to mark our course for us.
    I am never surprised but always amazed. And thankful.