Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,664

    Menso races Collegiate Nationals this weekend

    Hi MTBR.com fans of Menso:

    Menso participates in the Collegiate National MTB races in North Carolina this weekend. I hope he'll show them what the California Omnium and Endurance Leader can do on a Santa Cruz Superlight.
    You can see his WCCC results here: http://www.wccc-info.com/2008/MTB/index.html
    I think this should allow him a favorable start position.

    - J.L.
    Also known as Menso's dad.

  2. #2
    kpd
    kpd is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: kpd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    541
    Nice! Great to see that Menso is dominating the races after dealing with knee problems.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    723
    Not bad Menso.
    So the race at UCSC this weekend is a consolation race for the racers who didn't qualify for the national at North Carolina?
    I wonder where the race course for the UCSC race is.

  4. #4
    Let's ride SuperModerator
    Reputation: rensho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,685
    Great job and thanks for making Cal Poly look so good Menso! All that really hard training is paying off, big time.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Carl Hungus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Portola Vince
    Not bad Menso.
    So the race at UCSC this weekend is a consolation race for the racers who didn't qualify for the national at North Carolina?
    I wonder where the race course for the UCSC race is.
    I thought you were joking at first and then I looked it up...you're not joking. Anybody know more about this?

    If I had to guess I'd say they'll probably be racing on the killer fireroads up there.

  6. #6
    190lbs of climber
    Reputation: Menso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,199
    Thanks guys. I'll do my best to represent the gnar-cal against those right coasters and mountain people.

    UCSC actually got canceled, along with the Chico weekend, perhaps living up to their respective reputations--just kidding, couldn't help it-- due to forces beyond their control. UCSC got bumped by an XC running race, and the City of Chico said no to a race on Halloween weekend since they would rather have the guys on the team out on the streets than riding their bikes.
    THE BAY AREA... WHERE IF IT'S FUN, IT'S ILLEGAL

  7. #7
    It's about showing up.
    Reputation: Berkeley Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    11,338

    Good luck.

    We'll be cheering for you. Ride well.

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,664
    Menso and his bike (on a later flight of course) have arrived late yesterday in North Carolina. Today he's preriding the course and tommorrow is the XC championship race. Good luck tomorrow, son.
    - J.L.
    Also known as Menso's dad.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,664
    The wheather forecast is for 49F and a chance of rain/drizzle in the morning and for sure rain in the afternoon. Let's hope it's dry during Menso's 8am race. He's not used to riding in the rain as much as the east coasters.

    More race info can be found here:

    http://www.ncca.lmc.edu/ScheduleOfEvents.htm
    Also known as Menso's dad.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    649
    Quote Originally Posted by Menso
    Thanks guys. I'll do my best to represent the gnar-cal against those right coasters and mountain people.

    UCSC actually got canceled, along with the Chico weekend, perhaps living up to their respective reputations--just kidding, couldn't help it-- due to forces beyond their control. UCSC got bumped by an XC running race, and the City of Chico said no to a race on Halloween weekend since they would rather have the guys on the team out on the streets than riding their bikes.
    No Davis race this year either... this season is so skimp for races. Only Berkley and UCSB (which is waaaay to far for us) left.

  11. #11
    eBiker
    Reputation: Mr.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,102
    Good luck Menso, keep us posted.

    And be careful on that fixie, just having a front brake can be dangerous

    P

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,664
    Menso just called: 10th place finish in the XC, the best anyone from the west coast has done in many years. Congratulations, son! Well done. It was a very technical course: big roots and slippery rocks. He crashed or went over the bars five times during the race, but so did most of the racers. I'll let him fill in the rest of the details. Short track race is tomorrow.
    - J.L.
    Also known as Menso's dad.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: derek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by JL de Jong
    Menso just called: 10th place finish in the XC, the best anyone from the west coast has done in many years.
    Nice.

    Doesn't top 10 = All American??

  14. #14
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    331

    Looks like some great results!

    Looks like some great results. 1st in the Mt. Diablo 3's is impressive. Ned Overend beating the other pros by around 90 seconds at Mt Diablo blows me away..

    http://www.usacycling.org/results/in...d=243003&all=1

    Race Results for Menso de Jong
    Racing Age 19 from Cupertino, CA

    Place Name License Time Bib Team

    08/09/2008 - Patterson Pass Road Race - Road Race - Cat 3
    DNP Menso de Jong 243003 00:00:00.00 187 Santa Cruz Allride

    07/20/2008 - USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships - SUPER D - Pro
    20 Menso de Jong 243003 08:52.47 1239 METROMINT

    07/20/2008 - USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships - SHORT TRACK - Pro
    48 Menso de Jong 243003 PULLED 10 METROMINT CYCLING/SANTA CRUZ

    07/19/2008 - USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships - Cross Country - - Open
    DNF Menso de Jong 243003 DNS 1239 METROMINT

    07/17/2008 - USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships - Cross Country - Pro - Senior - 1-23
    DNF Menso de Jong 243003 DNF 10 METROMINT

    07/06/2008 - Vacaville Gran Prix - Criterium - Cat 3
    24 Menso de Jong 243003 00:00:00.00 908 Metromint Cycling/Santa Cruz A

    07/05/2008 - Leesville Gap Road Race - Road Race - Cat 3
    14 Menso de Jong 243003 00:00:00.00 107 Metromint Cycling/Santa Cruz A

    07/04/2008 - Davis 4th of July Criterium - Criterium - Cat 3
    29 Menso de Jong 243003 00:00.0 313 Metromint Cycling/Santa Cruz A

    06/22/2008 - Mt Diablo Hill Climb - Individual Time Trial - Cat 3
    1 Menso de Jong 243003 25:45.1 356 Santa Cruz Allride

    06/14/2008 - Pescadero Coastal Classic Road Race - Road Race - Cat 3 - Open
    50 Menso de Jong 243003 00:00:00.00 314 Santa Cruz Allride/Metromint C

    06/08/2008 - Santa Barbara Bicycle Festival - Cross Country - Pro - Senior
    4 Menso de Jong 243003 145 SANTA CRUZ

    05/18/2008 - Santa Ynez Valley National-NMBS #3 - SUPER D - - Senior - 19-29
    1 Menso de Jong 243003 06:24.39 223 SANTA CRUZ

    05/18/2008 - Santa Ynez Valley National-NMBS #3 - Cross Country - Semi-Pro - Senior
    2 Menso de Jong 243003 1:34:59.00 223 SANTA CRUZ

    05/18/2008 - Santa Ynez Valley National-NMBS #3 - Short Track - Semi-Pro - Senior
    2 Menso de Jong 243003 27:33.02 223 SANTA CRUZ

    04/19/2008 - Sea Otter Classic-2008 MOUNTAIN - Cross Country - Semi-Pro
    3 Menso de Jong 243003 02:39:01 87 All-Ride

    04/18/2008 - Sea Otter Classic -2008 ROAD-Amateur - circuit race - Cat 3
    28 Menso de Jong 243003 28:00.3 296

    02/03/2008 - 5th Annual Red Trolley Classic - Criterium -
    14 Menso de Jong 243003 293 Cal Poly Wheelmen Cycling Club

    07/22/2007 - USA Cycling National Mtn Bike Championships-2007 - SUPER D - Junior - 1-18
    16 Menso de Jong 243003 10:39.85 486 SANTA CRUZ

    07/22/2007 - USA Cycling National Mtn Bike Championships-2007 - SHORT TRACK - Expert - Junior - 1-18
    DNF Menso de Jong 243003 DNS 486 SANTA CRUZ

    07/20/2007 - USA Cycling National Mtn Bike Championships-2007 - Cross Country - Expert - Junior - 17-18
    12 Menso de Jong 243003 2:17:30.39 486 SANTA CRUZ

    06/15/2007 - Deer Valley NMBS - SUPER D - Junior - 1-18
    2 Menso de Jong 243003 09:34.09 454 SANTA CRUZ

    06/15/2007 - Deer Valley NMBS - Cross Country - Junior - 1-18
    14 Menso de Jong 243003 2:04:57.82 454 SANTA CRUZ

    05/04/2007 - Fontana NMBS - SUPER D - Junior - 1-18
    1 Menso de Jong 243003 13:21.45 243 MTBR.COM

    05/04/2007 - Fontana NMBS - Cross Country - Semi-Pro - Senior
    30 Menso de Jong 243003 2:35:23.08 243 MTBR.COM

    04/29/2007 - Firestone Walker Classic - Cross Country - Semi-Pro - Senior
    8 Menso de Jong 243003 1:39:15.67 506

    04/28/2007 - Firestone Walker Classic - SUPER D - Junior - 1-18
    3 Menso de Jong 243003 06:55.42 506 MTBR.COM

    04/28/2007 - Firestone Walker Classic - Downhill - Sport - Junior - 1-18
    DNF Menso de Jong 243003 51:51.90 506 MTBR.COM

    04/15/2007 - Sea Otter Classic-2007 MOUNTAIN - Cross Country - Expert - Junior - 1-18
    1 Menso de Jong 243003 02:47:02 362 SANTA CRUZ SYNDICATE JR. TEAM

    04/14/2007 - Sea Otter Classic-2007 MOUNTAIN - Super D - - Junior - 1-18
    7 MENSO DE JONG 0 07:21.94 43 SANTA CRUZ SYNDICATE

    04/01/2007 - Nova National Presented by Bear Naked Cannondale - Cross Country - Expert - Junior - 1-18
    6 Menso de Jong 243003 2:13:54.80 474 MTBR.COM

    03/31/2007 - Nova National Presented by Bear Naked Cannondale - Downhill - Junior - 1-18
    1 Menso de Jong 243003 17:22.94 474 MTBR.COM

    03/30/2007 - Nova National Presented by Bear Naked Cannondale - TIME TRIAL - Expert - Junior - 1-18
    7 Menso de Jong 243003 474 MTBR.COM

    01/01/2007 - San Bruno Hill Climb - Road Race - Junior - 10-18
    2 Menso de Jong 243003 16:44 52 Unattached

    07/07/2006 - Deer Valley NMBS - Downhill - Junior - 1-18
    9 Menso de Jong 243003 10:39.11 739 SANTA CRUZ

    07/07/2006 - Deer Valley NMBS - Cross Country - Expert - Junior - 1-18
    10 MENSO DE JONG 0 2:47:17.21 739 SANTA CRUZ

    07/07/2006 - Deer Valley NMBS - Cross Country - Expert - Junior - 1-18
    10 Menso de Jong 243003 2:47:17.21 739 SANTA CRUZ

    05/06/2006 - Southridge/Fontana NMBS - Cross Country - Expert - Junior - 1-18
    DNF Menso de Jong 243003 DNF 693 SANTA CRUZ

    04/23/2006 - Napa Valley Dirt Classic - Cross Country - Expert - Junior - 15-18
    1 Menso de Jong 243003 1:55:35

    04/09/2006 - Sea Otter Classic-2006 NORBA - Cross Country - Sport - Junior - 17-18
    2 MENSO DE JONG 0 01:36:44.6 652 Santa Cruz Syndicate Junior Division

    04/17/2005 - Sea Otter Classic NORBA - Cross Country - - Sport/beginner - 19-99
    143014 MENSO DE JONG 0 2780 SANTA CRUZ JD TEAM

  15. #15
    190lbs of climber
    Reputation: Menso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,199
    I'm still in NC, with short track tomorrow, but I found some internets.

    For the first time ever, I actually had a good start, and hit the singletrack in 3rd position. It turned out tobe too good of a start, andI had to back off a bit so I wouldn't absolutely explode.
    The course had a short climb, then some berms, a couple more shorter climbs, and then an insanely steep rocky descent down to the 3/4 mile gravel road climb back out. For the D1 men, it was five times around the lap.
    Into the descent I was in 6th, with a couple rider back getting irritated by my slow descent. My glasses were fogging up, and next thing I knew I stuff it up on a root and excecuted endo #1 of 5 for the day. Five people immediately passed me, and another five or so on the climb out as I recovered. I continued to recover from myfast start on lap 2, and two or three more people passed me on the descent after endo #2 and 3. Lap 3 saw my heartrate final return to workable numbers, in addition to endo #4, so I got in the groove on the climb and started clawing my way back up.
    I told myself I wasn't going to fall on lap four, and got to work passing riders on the climbs. I though I was going to finally clean a lap, but in the last minute of the descent a root jumped out at me and stopped my bike cold. I suffered full on supeman endo #5 and tweaked my shoulder a bit, though not enough to slow me down.
    Lap 5 was my best (no crashes!) and I finished strong, outsprinting a lees mcrae rider. I had now idea what place I was in, and assume somewhere in the twenties due to the absurd number of over the bar moments. Somehow I pulled a 10th, and now I just need to recover for ST.
    10th wasn't what I was expecting, but given the circumstances I'm pretty happy with it. Now I have a healthy respect for east coast singletrack, and for the choppy courses out here. I can't wait for next year when Nationals returns to the West and I can take it to them on a course with fast descents and climbs longer than three minutes.
    THE BAY AREA... WHERE IF IT'S FUN, IT'S ILLEGAL

  16. #16
    Rb
    Rb is offline
    wrenchscience.com
    Reputation: Rb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,576
    Who are the other CPSLO guys out there?

    Leland?

    I'm pretty bummed I missed out on this year's trip. Collegiate nationals is wayyyy fun.
    :: wrenchscience ::

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: derek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    710
    Looks like Menso on the front page of Velonews.




    Full results up at www.cyclingnews.com.

    Division 1 Men

    1 Ben Sonntag (Fort Lewis College) 1.54.56
    2 Scott Stewart (Lees-McRae College) 1.03
    3 Brad Perley (Lees-McRae College) 1.59
    4 Rotem Ishay (Fort Lewis College) 3.14
    5 Justin Finn (University of Oregon) 11.15
    6 Eli Krahenbuhl (University of Wyoming) 11.26
    7 Blake Harlan (University of Colorado-Boulder) 11.36
    8 Jean-Nicolas Enjalbert (Colorado State University) 12.34
    9 Randy Lapraire (Lees-McRae College) 13.35
    10 Menso De Jong (California Polytechnic-San Lui) 15.22

  18. #18
    Let's ride SuperModerator
    Reputation: rensho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,685
    Menso, before TheLaw asks, what tires were you running?

    Nice job man. Thanks for representing.

  19. #19
    jms
    jms is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,612

    Please tell me

    Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill
    Looks like some great results. 1st in the Mt. Diablo 3's is impressive. Ned Overend beating the other pros by around 90 seconds at Mt Diablo blows me away..

    http://www.usacycling.org/results/in...d=243003&all=1

    Race Results for Menso de Jong
    Racing Age 19 from Cupertino, CA

    Place Name License Time Bib Team

    08/09/2008 - Patterson Pass Road Race - Road Race - Cat 3
    DNP Menso de Jong 243003 00:00:00.00 187 Santa Cruz Allride

    07/20/2008 - USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships - SUPER D - Pro
    20 Menso de Jong 243003 08:52.47 1239 METROMINT

    07/20/2008 - USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships - SHORT TRACK - Pro
    48 Menso de Jong 243003 PULLED 10 METROMINT CYCLING/SANTA CRUZ

    07/19/2008 - USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships - Cross Country - - Open
    DNF Menso de Jong 243003 DNS 1239 METROMINT

    07/17/2008 - USA Cycling Mountain Bike National Championships - Cross Country - Pro - Senior - 1-23
    DNF Menso de Jong 243003 DNF 10 METROMINT

    07/06/2008 - Vacaville Gran Prix - Criterium - Cat 3
    24 Menso de Jong 243003 00:00:00.00 908 Metromint Cycling/Santa Cruz A

    07/05/2008 - Leesville Gap Road Race - Road Race - Cat 3
    14 Menso de Jong 243003 00:00:00.00 107 Metromint Cycling/Santa Cruz A

    07/04/2008 - Davis 4th of July Criterium - Criterium - Cat 3
    29 Menso de Jong 243003 00:00.0 313 Metromint Cycling/Santa Cruz A

    06/22/2008 - Mt Diablo Hill Climb - Individual Time Trial - Cat 3
    1 Menso de Jong 243003 25:45.1 356 Santa Cruz Allride

    06/14/2008 - Pescadero Coastal Classic Road Race - Road Race - Cat 3 - Open
    50 Menso de Jong 243003 00:00:00.00 314 Santa Cruz Allride/Metromint C

    06/08/2008 - Santa Barbara Bicycle Festival - Cross Country - Pro - Senior
    4 Menso de Jong 243003 145 SANTA CRUZ

    05/18/2008 - Santa Ynez Valley National-NMBS #3 - SUPER D - - Senior - 19-29
    1 Menso de Jong 243003 06:24.39 223 SANTA CRUZ

    05/18/2008 - Santa Ynez Valley National-NMBS #3 - Cross Country - Semi-Pro - Senior
    2 Menso de Jong 243003 1:34:59.00 223 SANTA CRUZ

    05/18/2008 - Santa Ynez Valley National-NMBS #3 - Short Track - Semi-Pro - Senior
    2 Menso de Jong 243003 27:33.02 223 SANTA CRUZ

    04/19/2008 - Sea Otter Classic-2008 MOUNTAIN - Cross Country - Semi-Pro
    3 Menso de Jong 243003 02:39:01 87 All-Ride

    04/18/2008 - Sea Otter Classic -2008 ROAD-Amateur - circuit race - Cat 3
    28 Menso de Jong 243003 28:00.3 296

    02/03/2008 - 5th Annual Red Trolley Classic - Criterium -
    14 Menso de Jong 243003 293 Cal Poly Wheelmen Cycling Club

    07/22/2007 - USA Cycling National Mtn Bike Championships-2007 - SUPER D - Junior - 1-18
    16 Menso de Jong 243003 10:39.85 486 SANTA CRUZ

    07/22/2007 - USA Cycling National Mtn Bike Championships-2007 - SHORT TRACK - Expert - Junior - 1-18
    DNF Menso de Jong 243003 DNS 486 SANTA CRUZ

    07/20/2007 - USA Cycling National Mtn Bike Championships-2007 - Cross Country - Expert - Junior - 17-18
    12 Menso de Jong 243003 2:17:30.39 486 SANTA CRUZ

    06/15/2007 - Deer Valley NMBS - SUPER D - Junior - 1-18
    2 Menso de Jong 243003 09:34.09 454 SANTA CRUZ

    06/15/2007 - Deer Valley NMBS - Cross Country - Junior - 1-18
    14 Menso de Jong 243003 2:04:57.82 454 SANTA CRUZ

    05/04/2007 - Fontana NMBS - SUPER D - Junior - 1-18
    1 Menso de Jong 243003 13:21.45 243 MTBR.COM

    05/04/2007 - Fontana NMBS - Cross Country - Semi-Pro - Senior
    30 Menso de Jong 243003 2:35:23.08 243 MTBR.COM

    04/29/2007 - Firestone Walker Classic - Cross Country - Semi-Pro - Senior
    8 Menso de Jong 243003 1:39:15.67 506

    04/28/2007 - Firestone Walker Classic - SUPER D - Junior - 1-18
    3 Menso de Jong 243003 06:55.42 506 MTBR.COM

    04/28/2007 - Firestone Walker Classic - Downhill - Sport - Junior - 1-18
    DNF Menso de Jong 243003 51:51.90 506 MTBR.COM

    04/15/2007 - Sea Otter Classic-2007 MOUNTAIN - Cross Country - Expert - Junior - 1-18
    1 Menso de Jong 243003 02:47:02 362 SANTA CRUZ SYNDICATE JR. TEAM

    04/14/2007 - Sea Otter Classic-2007 MOUNTAIN - Super D - - Junior - 1-18
    7 MENSO DE JONG 0 07:21.94 43 SANTA CRUZ SYNDICATE

    04/01/2007 - Nova National Presented by Bear Naked Cannondale - Cross Country - Expert - Junior - 1-18
    6 Menso de Jong 243003 2:13:54.80 474 MTBR.COM

    03/31/2007 - Nova National Presented by Bear Naked Cannondale - Downhill - Junior - 1-18
    1 Menso de Jong 243003 17:22.94 474 MTBR.COM

    03/30/2007 - Nova National Presented by Bear Naked Cannondale - TIME TRIAL - Expert - Junior - 1-18
    7 Menso de Jong 243003 474 MTBR.COM

    01/01/2007 - San Bruno Hill Climb - Road Race - Junior - 10-18
    2 Menso de Jong 243003 16:44 52 Unattached

    07/07/2006 - Deer Valley NMBS - Downhill - Junior - 1-18
    9 Menso de Jong 243003 10:39.11 739 SANTA CRUZ

    07/07/2006 - Deer Valley NMBS - Cross Country - Expert - Junior - 1-18
    10 MENSO DE JONG 0 2:47:17.21 739 SANTA CRUZ

    07/07/2006 - Deer Valley NMBS - Cross Country - Expert - Junior - 1-18
    10 Menso de Jong 243003 2:47:17.21 739 SANTA CRUZ

    05/06/2006 - Southridge/Fontana NMBS - Cross Country - Expert - Junior - 1-18
    DNF Menso de Jong 243003 DNF 693 SANTA CRUZ

    04/23/2006 - Napa Valley Dirt Classic - Cross Country - Expert - Junior - 15-18
    1 Menso de Jong 243003 1:55:35

    04/09/2006 - Sea Otter Classic-2006 NORBA - Cross Country - Sport - Junior - 17-18
    2 MENSO DE JONG 0 01:36:44.6 652 Santa Cruz Syndicate Junior Division

    04/17/2005 - Sea Otter Classic NORBA - Cross Country - - Sport/beginner - 19-99
    143014 MENSO DE JONG 0 2780 SANTA CRUZ JD TEAM
    Please, Please tell me you're his girlfriend or a relative or something.......

    Congratulations and great work Menso! And good luck in the short track tomorrow

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: derek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    710
    I must say collegiate cycling is an interesting sport. Just for that reason I give a lot of props to Menso that he can do so well at a young age. If you are interested, read about Ben Sonntag (the winner):

    http://www.velonews.com/article/13609

    Not to be disrespectful to Sonntag, just interesting that World Champions in other sports can go back to college and compete against teenagers.

  21. #21
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by jms
    Please, Please tell me you're his girlfriend or a relative or something.......

    Congratulations and great work Menso! And good luck in the short track tomorrow

    It took about 30 seconds to cut and paste the results from the other web site. So yes I'm his "girlfriend or a relative or something.."

  22. #22
    190lbs of climber
    Reputation: Menso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by rensho
    Menso, before TheLaw asks, what tires were you running?

    Nice job man. Thanks for representing.
    2.1 conti speed kings, set up tubeless with yellow tape and stan's on american classic/stan's 347 wheel. I may or may not have browsed the Weight Weenies forum in using that setup. I love the Speed Kings, they hook up like crazy, especially for weighing in at 410 grams each. The wear out fast, but I have yet to flat with them.
    THE BAY AREA... WHERE IF IT'S FUN, IT'S ILLEGAL

  23. #23
    It's the axle
    Reputation: Gregg K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,600
    You've got some real tenacity just to hang in there. Having read a couple of threads on the Kennedy hill climb, I'd say the competition was lucky you did have impolite contact with some roots.

    My lungs hurt just reading about it.

  24. #24
    190lbs of climber
    Reputation: Menso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,199
    Cal Poly Takes 11th!
    Leland O'Connor-- 7th DH
    Ryan Tarver-- 11th DH
    me-- 10th in ST and XC
    With three people and no women we took 11th overall in the nation. Go us!
    THE BAY AREA... WHERE IF IT'S FUN, IT'S ILLEGAL

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    877
    Quote Originally Posted by Menso
    2.1 conti speed kings, set up tubeless with yellow tape and stan's on american classic/stan's 347 wheel. I may or may not have browsed the Weight Weenies forum in using that setup. I love the Speed Kings, they hook up like crazy, especially for weighing in at 410 grams each. The wear out fast, but I have yet to flat with them.
    Truly fascinating.
    Can we talk tires now?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •