J.man

High school drafting project

Summer has slowly came to an end for me, and i have to listen to all that gibberish they try and teach me in english class once again. Luckily for me i chose my drafting class with only a few people in it, so i have alot more time with the computers, and tools ect. this year i was thinking about designing some sort of bike frame or, for a more simple project a custom disc, for a brake. The school is actually paying for the project so i want to make something really cool, so i can get a good grade on it. The qustion i have is what should i Design? I was wondering if anybody had any ideas.

p.s: i wasn't sure if i should put this thread in this forum,sorry if its in the wrong one.
    Mama says that "life is like a box of chocolates yah never know what yer gona get."

ride hard take risks
    Linkage is a fun program to play with for frame building, learning or getting ideas on designs.

http://www.bikechecker.com/
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    Straight up question for you:

Is English your native language?
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

J.man
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulder Pilot
    Straight up question for you:

Is English your native language?

No i only Understand Chinese. psh!!
    Mama says that "life is like a box of chocolates yah never know what yer gona get."

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by j.man
    No i only Understand Chinese. psh!!
    My question wasn't intended to insult you. Now that you have confirmed that you come from a culture that is known to not promote free thinking, your post makes sense.

This being said, ask yourself what YOU want to design. Most classes dictate what you have to do. It seems you have the opportunity to design what YOU want to design. Run with it and have fun. Be sure to post your final design here.
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

J.man
    My question wasn't intended to insult you. Now that you have confirmed that you come from a culture that is known to not promote free thinking, your post makes sense.

This being said, ask yourself what YOU want to design. Most classes dictate what you have to do. It seems you have the opportunity to design what YOU want to design. Run with it and have fun. Be sure to post your final design here.
    Lol im not a commy chinese student!! but yah i will have lots of fun with it, its the only school project that i actually like. I will post my final design.

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by j.man
    and i have to listen to all that gibberish they try and teach me in english class once again.
    Check your PM.

ride hard take risks
    Check your PM.
    Are we getting all warm and fuzzy now
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

J.man
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    Are we getting all warm and fuzzy now
    Hey, thank you for that program link, i really enjoy it. i just got the demo, but its still really fun.

mtbr member

Internet image.
    Nothing wrong with Beowulf. Memorize a page of that and you will remember that english class for a long time. For the bike project get together with some bored guys over in the auto shop or whatever they call it nowdays. There are a lot of home made bikes out there. Some of the stuff that gets pretty weird are ridden by clowns in parades. I think there is a lot of stuff just sitting behind peoples garage.

J.man
    Quote Originally Posted by borregokid

Internet image.
    Nothing wrong with Beowulf. Memorize a page of that and you will remember that english class for a long time. For the bike project get together with some bored guys over in the auto shop or whatever they call it nowdays. There are a lot of home made bikes out there. Some of the stuff that gets pretty weird are ridden by clowns in parades. I think there is a lot of stuff just sitting behind peoples garage.
    wo ahahaha, u would have to be like a professional leap frog champion to ride that thing. lol, that would be a fun thing to build though!