It's about showing up.

High School Donations: Bone soup.

Progress Report: No, you all haven't been forgotten. Between life, maintaining contact with potential donors, and assembling bikes as the right things arrive we have been pretty busy. To start with we had two nice bikes, a Stumpy from lst year in martinez and a GT from one of our founding members go under new riders.We have been pleased to recieve some pretty wonderful stuff from 6 different people. We were able to assemble two really sweet rides with XT stuff, light frames and forks which went to returning racers on team bikes. They, in turn, gave their team bikes to new riders. In addition they had bikes they had started on, quite small and sub-LX but tidy and strong which went to new riders without bikes. This movement inspired two riders to give up other older rides to new riders. We were given an entire Ziggurat; I cleaned and lubed it and turned it over to our mechanic and he will bless it. A shock and a set of wheels and some Tiogas will go on a Kai Tai we were given last year. That makes 8 bikes created from, not just the parts donated from this Forum but the momentum caused by the giving and the spirit it engages.I still have two girls who need bikes and two boys but have a headstart with a medium frame from one of our riders.
    The spirit of support and encouragement I have encountered through this Forum has been remarkable. I can't say I am surprised but the difference between a pledge and a delivery is an undeniable fact that will put us on wheels.
    At the risk of over reaching I hope there are still some folks out ther who can help us out. I know that this is huge.
    Thank you all.

aka baycat
    I am dropping my part off tomorrow! Just a super busy week