It's about showing up.

Gifts to High School Riders. Very cool. Very MTBR.

One of our Forum members, who shall remain nameless, sent me a box of goodies for our El Cerrito High School Club Racers. There were two small warm long sleeve transition jackets that went right to new riders on our very cold and wet Saturday ride, a set of tires to replace some bare skins for our Wednesday ride, and a saddle which replaced a veritable rack on the same day. A seat post and some Hayes Disc brakes are going, temporarily, into our parts box. That same day I sent out a check to cover shipping and handling and a tax credit form. It is the very least I can do for such generosity.
    It is really interesting what gear does to move things forward against a cold and daunting task and make it memorable. Thank you so much.

Samsonite Tester
    No thank you for teaching young riders the rules of the trail. Informed and prepared riders make all our experinces better.

EK
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14

Freshly Fujified

Amen to both

Kudos to the supplier of the much needed accessories and to groups dedicated to rider education.
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Very cool. By both parties.

Flight Junkie

are you accepting donations?

Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley Mike
    One of our Forum members, who shall remain nameless, sent me a box of goodies for our El Cerrito High School Club Racers. There were two small warm long sleeve transition jackets that went right to new riders on our very cold and wet Saturday ride, a set of tires to replace some bare skins for our Wednesday ride, and a saddle which replaced a veritable rack on the same day. A seat post and some Hayes Disc brakes are going, temporarily, into our parts box. That same day I sent out a check to cover shipping and handling and a tax credit form. It is the very least I can do for such generosity.
    It is really interesting what gear does to move things forward against a cold and daunting task and make it memorable. Thank you so much.
    Nice way for all of us to part with unused stuff we have laying around. Support the next generation of racers.

Are you taking donations? I was going to sell some good tires 26" (I went to a 29er). I would be willing to donate them if you can use them. I have a set of Scwalbe Racing Ralph 2.25 with only one short test ride on them, and set of brand new set of Nokian NBX Lites. I probably have some new tubes also.

BLS439
    I also have some stuff to donate: new rims, a couple of hubs, handlebars, etc, etc.

Who do I need to contact/mail this stuff to?

--BLS439

It's about showing up.

Zowie!

It is so good of you guys to offer. I have also gotten requests for a list of the things we need so here is a list in decending order:
    arm /leg warmers and thermal jackets
    Stems shorter than 120.
    spd pedals
    small and medium clothing
    Riser bars
    V-brake systems
    Wheels
    Shock

What this reflects is cold weather riding but everyone has a bike. What we are doing and will do as riders develope is get them all on spd pedals and refit their cockpits as their attitude changes. We would like to improve a couple of brake systems and I have a medium frame I'd like to build which needs wheels and a shock.
    I would be happy to recieve Personal Messages of contact me through the Club Website:
    echsmtb.com

Thanks for your thoughts! Michael

Trail Sanitizer

PM Sent

PM sent - I have some pedals and a front shock that I can donate.

BLS439
    I sent you a PM also

BLS439

It's about showing up.

Sorry BLS439

I did not get your PM. would you please contact me at through our Club Website:
    echsmtb.com

Thanks much.

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkeley Mike
    I did not get your PM. would you please contact me at through our Club Website:
    echsmtb.com

Thanks much.
    Hey,

i have a pair of eggbeaters, Shimano SPDs and a Titec Enduro XC flatbar i'd be more than glad to donate. Send me a PM w/ your address.

-TS
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT