Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trying to find Flow

Craziest stunt you pulled in high school

Ok, all this purging of the membership here has made me think back to a particular incident in high school. It was pretty out of character for me at the time, but considering the type of poster I've become on this board, maybe it was a harbinger for things to come.

Anyway, I had a favorite teacher my senior year who was fired for what I thought were frivolous reasons. She was the type who went the extra mile for me and always told me I had potential, in spite of the fact that I was an incredibly flakey student.

Well, out of loyalty, I had to come to her defense. I went on the offensive the best way I knew how. I composed this long, wordy essay (sound familiar) articulating why I thought the decision was a travesty and reserving for the principal some particularly harsh words and accusations. So I went ahead and made a whole bunch of copies of my little manifesto and started passing them out to students. I don't think any of the students really knew what the hell I was talking about. The responses I got were, "it sounds nice, but you use too many big words". Some things never change.

You can imagine this didn't go over real well with the administration. To wrap up the story, I was threatened with expulsion for "inciting a riot" by the principal herself, and if you will, just imagine the spectacle of a middle aged woman irate beyond description trying to grab a stack of papers out of my hands as I tried my best to play keep away.

Who would of thought such a skinny, introverted kid could cause such a ruckus? I was content to go through hs in quiet anonymity. Then again, maybe it was a glimpse ahead at the a-hole I've become.

Ok, there's my story. Any nutty stunts you guys pulled in hs? Full disclosure time.

Jm.
    mtbr member
    Killed the biology teacher's fish with arsenic after she gave me a detention...

Best part was that new fish kept getting put in, but the arsenic was never cleaned out.

I was quite evil back in those days. That's the "tip of the iceberg" so to speak, lighting peoples hair on fire, using the fire extinguisher in class, getting a teacher irate enough to hit me, etc...these are just a few of my "adventures". I am not like this in any way these days, but I wasn't the "best student" in Jr High and High School. Most of this is really in Jr High and the first two years of High School, after that I mellowed out and no longer killed fish.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

gentle like
    Well, fatalistic overtones aside, here's at last a thread that has the chance to be the good stuff of forum 88.

I did a number of crazy things during high school, but I'll pick the one event that most directly related to being in high school - and got me my only suspension (though that was later dropped). And yes, it was also politically oriented.

I was in OAC (final year in Ontario - back in the day of the 5 year programme) when the OJ Simpson trial went down. Like most people I was caught up in following the action, and like a lot of people, I was stunned at the outrageous travesty of justice that seemed more and more likely to result as the trial progressed. While I now realize that it was an unfair judgement to place on all of America, this single event came to epitomize my negative view of the country; everything that was wrong and terrible and sensational about the States came to light (to me) during the OJ case.

So, as the day of the verdict drew near, I and a number of my politically inclined friends wanted to hook up a TV in our cafeteria to watch the climax play out, and follow it up (regardless of verdict) with a big, discussion-style forum. There seemed to be a lot of student interest ... but the school said no. Our dear Principal (as was and likely still is true for many high schools) was loathe to have any controversial social topics addressed in his school, and we were warned that if we did anything - apparently he had caught word of some of our more colourful ideas - we'd get suspended. He did not want any potentially negative attention or reaction to have to deal with.

But the day of the verdict we all crowded, ready, around my red Neon in the parking lot and listened in giddy, angry disbelief as OJ was proclaimed not guilty. We then launched into the mock-celebration we had envisioned following the Principal's ban, first dancing around the parking lot with noisemakers and balloons and streamers before running into the cafeteria, passing out pins, wearing t-shirts and flying a banner - all of which read: "The Juice is Loose." So we staged our forum discussion then and there anyway, and while some people not versed in "sarcasm" couldn't understand why we were celebrating his acquittal when it seemed we thought he was guilty, I thought it went well.

The Principal was pissed. It did raise some negative attention ... as we had hoped, particularly following our instructions to do no such thing. But I think the old dude was bright enough to recognize that had he not repealed our suspensions, it would have generated even more of the negative attention he had hoped to avoid.

The Juice remains loose ... and I'm still shaking my head.

The Ultimate Niche

oh man

I got knocked out cold by a retard....a girl retard....I really don't think I'm ready to talk about it though....anytime I hear the words "high school" I think about the day I got my ass creamed by a female retard. No fool'n!

yog-sothoth
    I was actually a pretty good kid in high school.. it was elementary and college where the $hit hit the fan.

ryan s.
    On the morning of December 28th, Violet Kray received an official telegram from the governor of Winchester Gaol:

"Your son Ronald Kray is certified insane."

banned

grand theft auto -1

One night a group of us broke into my high school, Taking a Volkswagen bug (type 1) into the school and up a flight of stairs and deposited it in the second floor vestibule(?). We then hung an old toilet from the flag pole in the school mall.

Seemed funny at the time, but looking back it was grand theft auto and burglary. I also think about how that car could have fallen down the stairs and crushed a few of us, STUPID.

OK maybe a little funny and a little stupid. Innocent fun compared to what some kids have brought to school recently.

Trying to find Flow
    Quote Originally Posted by Satan on a stick
    One night a group of us broke into my high school, Taking a Volkswagen bug (type 1) into the school and up a flight of stairs and deposited it in the second floor vestibule(?). We then hung an old toilet from the flag pole in the school mall.

Seemed funny at the time, but looking back it was grand theft auto and burglary. I also think about how that car could have fallen down the stairs and crushed a few of us, STUPID.

OK maybe a little funny and a little stupid. Innocent fun compared to what some kids have brought to school recently.
    Actually, I think kids are more tame nowdays. I just look around the neighborhood and all they do is toss a soccer ball around. Their jobless SUV driving moms never let them out of sight. My roommate and I were talking about the time of our youth when we'd run around and explore, get in dirt clod fights, blow stuff up with m-80s. That kind of stuff builds character, makes kids tougher and more independent. Kids today kind of suck and will probably grow up to have the same dull personalities as their parents...and some pc accepting members of this board.

yog-sothoth
    Quote Originally Posted by Patchito
    Actually, I think kids are more tame nowdays. I just look around the neighborhood and all they do is toss a soccer ball around. Their jobless SUV driving moms never let them out of sight. My roommate and I were talking about the time of our youth when we'd run around and explore, get in dirt clod fights, blow stuff up with m-80s. That kind of stuff builds character, makes kids tougher and more independent. Kids today kind of suck and will probably grow up to have the same dull personalities as their parents...and some pc accepting members of this board.

I bet alot of those parents are voting for Bush......
    On the morning of December 28th, Violet Kray received an official telegram from the governor of Winchester Gaol:

"Your son Ronald Kray is certified insane."

banned

Ahhhh M80's

Yeah Fourth of July was a great time of year when I was a kid. Take your M80/Barrel bombs and blow up all of my models I spent days putting together and painting. It still amazes me that you could get any type of fireworks you wanted legally. Now in California it's a first strike to a bottle rocket.

I agree that my childhood was probably more free then what kids do today. I also believe that it's unhealthily physically and emotionally for the kids. I don't blame the parents, I blame the media. We live in a world of paranoia, we're afraid of everything. The news is about everything negative, there's no counter programming to say that life can be lived. Sure be careful but don't hide in your homes or gated communities.

icegeek is hot

I'm begging you

Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Cyclesmith
    I got knocked out cold by a retard....a girl retard....I really don't think I'm ready to talk about it though....anytime I hear the words "high school" I think about the day I got my ass creamed by a female retard. No fool'n!
    ... to finish this story.

Trying to find Flow
    Quote Originally Posted by Satan on a stick
    Yeah Fourth of July was a great time of year when I was a kid. Take your M80/Barrel bombs and blow up all of my models I spent days putting together and painting. It still amazes me that you could get any type of fireworks you wanted legally. Now in California it's a first strike to a bottle rocket.

I agree that my childhood was probably more free then what kids do today. I also believe that it's unhealthily physically and emotionally for the kids. I don't blame the parents, I blame the media. We live in a world of paranoia, we're afraid of everything. The news is about everything negative, there's no counter programming to say that life can be lived. Sure be careful but don't hide in your homes or gated communities.
    OMG - I wasn't the only one?!!! Yeah, what was that about? I'd get all the paint details down in the cockpit because I'm a meticulous freak, then I'd stick ziploc baggie with gasolilne inside with said explosive and whammo, big fireball. I have a scar on my leg from a chunk of molten Grumman F4F Wildcat. Good times.

mtbr member

How true. I grew up in the 70's abd 80's. My elementary school was about a mile and a half from my house and we all had to walk to school. Imagine today a 6 year old kid walking a mile + to school. Never happen. Too bad though. That walk to and from school was usually the best part of the day.

My HS thing...

My best friend and I had the same first period class for our senior year. We were both pretty crappy students and would cut scoll on a moments notice. Anyway, we devised a plan where I would write him a note "from his dad" that he was sick or what ever and I got my sister to do the same thing for me. We must have skipped school at least once or twice a week and the notes worked every time. I could never figure out why my teacher never thought to question why we were always both out on the same day. Or maybe she did and let us get away with it. Who knows.

mtbr member

I tended to blow off HS a lot. Senior year, I was up to about 14 absences by the time April or May rolled around, and we are only allowed 15, after that you cain't graduate. Knowing I'd need a few more "days off" between then and June, I hacked the HS "computer system" and removed my absences from the "database". I think I reduced the number from 14 to 8 and that gave me a buffer.

Later the next day I got hauled out of Physics class and they accused me of doing it, but I just kept denying it.

I graduated with a lousy average and went onto college and caused more trouble but we're veering off topic.

Funny... the computers back then were the paper terminals.... anyone here old enough to remember them?

icegeek is hot
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo722
    How true. I grew up in the 70's abd 80's. My elementary school was about a mile and a half from my house and we all had to walk to school. Imagine today a 6 year old kid walking a mile + to school. Never happen. Too bad though. That walk to and from school was usually the best part of the day.

My HS thing...

My best friend and I had the same first period class for our senior year. We were both pretty crappy students and would cut scoll on a moments notice. Anyway, we devised a plan where I would write him a note "from his dad" that he was sick or what ever and I got my sister to do the same thing for me. We must have skipped school at least once or twice a week and the notes worked every time. I could never figure out why my teacher never thought to question why we were always both out on the same day. Or maybe she did and let us get away with it. Who knows.
    Starting in 8th grade I started signing for my parents for everything. If I had a "legitimate" absentee note, I'd throw it away and write another myself. In the end, my signature was the only thing on file with the school. Worked wonderfully. Other than that, not too many stunts, unless going out with a Dean is a stunt.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by W'04
    Starting in 8th grade I started signing for my parents for everything. If I had a "legitimate" absentee note, I'd throw it away and write another myself. In the end, my signature was the only thing on file with the school. Worked wonderfully. Other than that, not too many stunts, unless going out with a Dean is a stunt.
    bad kitty...

Who are the brain police?
    Whenever I or one of a few friends had a free period -a class off for whatever reason- we'd goto the class that our other friends were in and tell the teach that they were wanted by the vice principal. Then we'd goto the cemetary that was across the street, smoke a certain something and play hacky-sack. This went on for most of the four years until we were caught and suspended for a week. We were caught at a time where I was already accepted to the college that I wanted to goto, so I was completley blowing everything of then.
    Yes, I am an overachiever :- ))
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

banned

Shoot the Hill!

Ok, there's my story. Any nutty stunts you guys pulled in hs? Full disclosure time.
    Marin Avenue in Berkeley, CA goes straight down the side of a hill at about a 45-degree angle for at least a mile. Lots of little cross streets cut across Marin, graded into the side of the hill.

One night in 1985, after several cans of beer, My buddies and I got the bright idea of seeing how much air we could get off those cross streets in my '79 civic wagon. "Dude, let's shoot the hill!"

"SHOOT THE HILL! SHOOT THE HILL! SHOOOOOT THE HIIIILLLLL!!!"

Made it down once just fine, decided to turn around and do it again.

"SHOOT THE HILL! SHOOT THE HILL! SHOOOOOT THE HIIIILLLLL!!!"

It cost me almost $300.00 to replace the clutch after panic-stopping to avoid slamming into an early-morning scooter commuter near the bottom of the second run...

The Ultimate Niche

impact

Quote Originally Posted by W'04
    ... to finish this story.
    Well...I guess I can battle through the memory. I graduated in 1995. In my high school there was a program for mentally "challenged" persons call the T.M.R (Training for the Mentally Retarded) program. In this program there was a girl (I don't remember her name) who's mental condition was highlighted by her tendency to absolutely FLIP OUT!! She would go into a conniption, screaming and yelled, running all over the school, and she was near impossible to control when she had one of her "episodes". This problem was compounded by the fact that this girl weighted about 350lbs. The school decided that it was not a healthy environment for the rest of the students to have an out of control, huge, retard on a rampage. It got so bad that the school cleaned out a storage closet in the school and lined it with blue gym mats and, every time this girl flipped out, they would toss her this this "padded room". It would often take 3 to 4 male teachers to overpower her and force her into the room.
    Well one day my friend and I where walking down the hall during class time. We where the only people in that hall and we where casually strolling along headed down to the lunch room. Unbeknownst to us, this girl was having one her "episodes" again. The T.M.R teach (A women of small physical stature) was not able to control her. She called down for the principle and athletic director to help her control the tubby tard, and escort her to her little "room". Before reinforcements could arrive the retarded girl escaped her class room and began running around the halls, flailing here arms. Another thing she always did, I failed to mention, was to run with her head down...she would often run into walls and doors and such. Well there my friend and I were, walking along, clueless to the impending danger. We approached a corner and where about to turn when POW!!!!!! This girl had come running around the corner an smacked into me head on. Her huge mass was no match for me. I was thrown about 5-7 feet backwards and knocked out cold!!! I don't know how long I was out...but when I came to there were about 4 teachers around me and the school nurse was approaching. Everyone was fussing over me unknown if I had been injured from the impact. The first thing I heard was my friend saying "dude that retard totally kicked your ass". In the end I was fine. My ego was a little bruised, but I was fine. The girl was soon removed from the school as a potential hazard to the other students.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    In the lost and found area my friend found this picture of a well know burnout/tough guy named Bruce P. We decided to do a little cut and paste job. The letter we constructed included his picture along with and open invatation to fight anyone down at the "North Door" . The North Door was where Burners used to smoke.
    Later we saw a bunch of jocks reading our postings on the pillars and thinking it was real. I don't think Bruce got in a fight over it, unfortunately. Yea, we were dorks.

banned

"PC" I ain't, but...

"Retard"?... "'tard?"

Dude - *cringe*...

Hilarious story otherwise!

Ransomed
    Can't come close to topping that!

I was voted Most Opionated in my senior class. Likely the scenario that clinched the victory (true story):

English class - Space Dog enters, and promptly raises his hand.

Teacher: Yes Space Dog, you have a question?

Me: Yes, I was just downstairs reviewing the scholarships & bursaries bulletin board, and was wondering where I might find the "middle class-heterosexual-caucasian-male award"?

Teacher: Excuse me?!!

Me: Well, all I can find are awards limited to females, students of aboriginal descent, and the impovrished - so obviously, I must have overlooked the award that applies to me. That, or the poster fell down...

Female student of aboriginal descent: Racist.

Me: How's that?

Female student of aboriginal descent: You have no idea how hard it is to get off the reserve.

Me: Clearly, you found a way.....

(Female student of aboriginal descent bursts into tears and leaves the room. Space Dog endures several more cries of 'racist', and class carries on without further incident)

There ya have it folks - R.E. Collegiate's class of '96 Most opinionated - yours truly

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

in town road races

....every friday evening at 4:00 PM, 50 bucks got you and co-driver a map of the course, usually five + or - stops averaging over 100+ miles back and forth through town, with the occasional long county road loop. Not a race but a rally, (cars left every five minutes). All participants got a shot of tequila at each stop and two to start off with, winner got the loot minus expenses.... went on for months. No one ever got hurt seriously (thank god), but we did lose 4 vehicles, 2 mailboxes, a cow and several wheels and bumpers.

The Ultimate Niche

Dude!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TimE
    ....every friday evening at 4:00 PM, 50 bucks got you and co-driver a map of the course, usually five + or - stops averaging over 100+ miles back and forth through town, with the occasional long county road loop. Not a race but a rally, (cars left every five minutes). All participants got a shot of tequila at each stop and two to start off with, winner got the loot minus expenses.... went on for months. No one ever got hurt seriously (thank god), but we did lose 4 vehicles, 2 mailboxes, a cow and several wheels and bumpers.
    Hell we should do that with bikes...but I think we should have more stops!!! Thats a pretty cool story...not that I agree with drinking and driving, but I'm sure it was a blast!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Real_Cyclesmith
    Hell we should do that with bikes...but I think we should have more stops!!! Thats a pretty cool story...not that I agree with drinking and driving, but I'm sure it was a blast!

...it was fun. Crazy and stupid, but fun....

The cow thing was ugly, and the 'sand grand prix' and just got too big and too dangerous...... so we stopped.

the words -- do not attempt this at home-- definitely applied.

EPO
    Training in Mexico

Cool-blue Rhythm The Piss Cycler

In the midst of my Senior year I found myself in a blow off tech class, "Engineering & Techonolgy." There was a mixed group of kids in the class all trying to satisfy some kind of requirement to graduate, it was like fourth grade all over. In this class a cross section of the student population seemed to make the class rather microcosm of hell raising. Mr Franks taught the class and was noted by all students to be the neverous coffee dirinkinest, smallest bladder having human in the world. This teacher could not go a class with out having to drain his lizard, which bought on a undertone of hushed wispers of ridicule that began to grow as the semester went on.

The final project for the class was assigned to the class midway through the year, and carrying a full load of college prep coarses, put it at the bottom of my list of things to do. The project constisted of making some sort of devise that would benifit the physically disabled and help with accessablity. In ture Senioritis fashion I put it off until the hour before class. My thoughts of what to make would have been different, but seeing him in the bathroom at the begining of school that day got me thinking. The period before I was to present I had chemistry class, where I raided the Chem supply room. Armed with duct tape I when to work, tapping every piece of glassware to my body that I could find, and connecting them with tubbing. I filled my glass flack jacket with a silver chromate solution that was as yellow as center stripes on the road. My accessablity invention was ready for pressentation as I put a large lab coat on.

The first presentation was a great lead of for me, "The Stump Phone" which consisted of a large plasitic cup glued to the handle of a phone. This was aimed at the amputated phone user. The class was primed with laughter.

Having talked to my girlfriend's father who was an adult incontinance engineer at Kimberly Clark couple months prior, I was up on all the bs statistics to give a speech on incontinance. As I went on with the speach the students in the class, students began to loss interest as there was nothing to look at...sensing this I went into linking coffee to incontinance and lost time in the work place. I unveiled the glassware strapped to my torso, complete with tubes running down my pants. "The Piss Cycler". A total jab at Mr. Frank. The laughter that erupted did not effect my grade, I had audited the class

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast