Gravity Guy

Collegiate Nationals @ North Carolina next week- who's going?

Another roll call thread for the culminating race of the year in the mountains of North Carolina. Looking forward to going, Air Force is taking a small contingent of racers across the country, we'll be flying out on Wednesday. Who's going and where are the parties going to be at?!

Any info on the DH course at Sugar Mountain? I only have this description from the Lees-Mcrae website:

The downhill race will be the only event off the campus of Lees-McRae. We will utilize the NMBS course on Sugar Mountain, just three miles from the campus. This will be same course utilized over the last few years from the top of the mountain. The run is a 1200 foot drop over 1.5 miles of trail, that includes turns in the ski runs, tight single track with lots of rocks, roots and tight turns and a 20 foot drop off the “wall”, Donavan’s drop, Lizards Lane and the creek jump. The bottom will be fast with open trail from the creek jump to the finish line.

http://www.ncca.lmc.edu/CourseDescriptions.htm
    BMX: '00 S&M DBC
    Hardtail: '04 Norco Sasquatch
    DH: '05 Giant Faith
    Road: '01 Giant TCR2
    Trail: '08 Rocky Mtn Slayer 70

i drink shower water
    Ill be there thursday night with the rest of the Western State nationals roster. cant wait. should be a lot of fun.
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

mtbr member
    Count Mines in for 13 racers. We'll be rolling in Wednesday evening, staying at Sugar.

Check this roll call for more info on the courses: http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=189878

i drink shower water
    i heard Mines is driving there??? thats crazy.. we are jumping on a plane weds night. I cant wait to ride there, from what i hear the East Coast is a lot like Alaska biking, rooting and wet. cant wait to be in my element again!

edit: also we are staying in a condo at Sugar Mtn. I dont know if its the same ones as you guys or what. Hopefully we can kick it in NC.

mtbr member
    Yeah, we're driving. Couldn't justify the cost of plane tickets considering we have 13 capable drivers. We're stoked for a good road trip. Honk at the Deon Sanders trailer if you see it

i drink shower water
    Priime Time baby. Hope your drive is good. I did it a year ago for spring break with some of my buddies. It took us 22 hours to get from Gunnison to South Carolina.

Gravity Guy
    The Deon Sanders poster is classic, I'm jealous. Have a good trip, see you all down there.
    BMX: '00 S&M DBC
    Hardtail: '04 Norco Sasquatch
    DH: '05 Giant Faith
    Road: '01 Giant TCR2
    Trail: '08 Rocky Mtn Slayer 70

i drink shower water