It's about showing up.

Chuky sends Glad Rags to El Cerrito High School MTB Girls

The other day I found a UPS box on my porch from Chuky. I took it to our Club meeting and we opened it up. Inside were arm warmers and leg warmers. It has been really cold here in the Bay Area (California Cold to those of you in Missouri) and they were really welcome.

Also in the box were these "things." They were made of lycra with logos from the Kenda jerseys all over them. They looked the bottom half of really small jerseys. No one knew what they were but the boys started messing with them. They tried to put them on their legs but they fell down, then put them on their heads like hats. That evolved into using them like a bandits mask to cover nose, mouth, and were long enough to cover the neck. By that time the boys were running around the room playing cops and robbers and we figured we could raise runds by knocking over the local 7-11.

Once the girls saw how they were used they put them on and they looked kinda swanky hanging around their necks. That they were a device for keeping warm sold them and they disappeared only to be seen on the next ride on our girl banditas. It was below freezing when we passed the 7-11 but we didn't slow down a bit.

Thanks Chuky, for remembering our girls.
    Last edited by Berkeley Mike; 01-22-2007 at 10:11 AM.

Bored Carp
    Yeah, those things are great for warm ears, necks, heads...

Glad the club is having fun with them, if someone starts raising funds in an alternative manner, just blame Ivan Basso. If you want more, let me know, there may be a few left.

Cheers,
    C
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.