Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: biking college?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

biking college?

does anybody know the the best college for a mountain biker to go to? like a college close to great trails or something? thanks in advance
    everybody makes mistakes. this whole thread is one of mine enjoy.http://forums.mtbr.com/downhill-freeride/yellow-catapult-equator-bike-625231.html

mtbr member
    I'm biased b/c I went to these places but would suggest Fort Lewis College in Durango, CO. It also has always had a kick a$$ cycling team- one of the best if not the best. And Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, AZ. Both towns have awesome trails right out your front door.

SSOD
    App State in boone, nc? Alotta good trails around there I guess and far enough south you could ride year round. The ladies aren't too bad either

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Torch_racing
    does anybody know the the best college for a mountain biker to go to? like a college close to great trails or something? thanks in advance
    Wouldn't the reputation of a college's major be more important?

mtbr member
    cu at boulder- csu foco, mesa, durango- pretty much everywhere in colorado!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tednugent
    You are correct which is why the choice should be Penn State-

biggest party school in the US!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmorath
    You are correct which is why the choice should be Penn State-

biggest party school in the US!
    I was really close to going to Penn State, State College....

then I was foolish, and decided Drexel's Co-op program was more valuable

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    lately montana state has really been pushing for me but when you look at their site it's not very infomative on biking conditions and stuff
    everybody makes mistakes. this whole thread is one of mine enjoy.http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=625231

mtbr member

Hope

UVa has some good trails nearby. But first you have to get accepted

Beer Swilling Clyde
    lately montana state has really been pushing for me but when you look at their site it's not very infomative on biking conditions and stuff
    I went to University of Montana about two hours away in Missoula. Bozeman has a pretty amazing MTB scene. Single track out your door and Big Sky mountain is about an hour away for lift access riding and great skiing in the winter.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    If you've got lots of money/decent grades and want to be within two hours of NY and Philly, look at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA. Tons of technical rockgarden-filled PA singletrack a few minutes ride from your dorm room. The whole university is literally built on the side of a mountain. Good business/engineering programs - large Greek system.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Go to Arizona State, ride South Mountain every weekend and occasionally go to Sedona.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roxnroots
    If you've got lots of money/decent grades and want to be within two hours of NY and Philly, look at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA. Tons of technical rockgarden-filled PA singletrack a few minutes ride from your dorm room. The whole university is literally built on the side of a mountain. Good business/engineering programs - large Greek system.
    I heard Lafayette is better...... just poking at the rivalry

slow
    Colorado State University
    Great biking rideable from campus and one of the top Bike Friendly Universities in the nation.
    http://www.bikeleague.org/programs/b...ard%20list.pdf

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    jmmorath hit the nail on the head.....Durango is the original Mecca of mtn biking. Besides, Ned Overend, John Tomac and many other icons, it's home to Ft Lewis College. Northern Ariz is great too and probably has a winter advantage over Durango due to less snow that piles up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I would say New York University
    Why should anyone steal a watch when he could steal a bicycle? ~Flann O'Brien

http://samsbikeblog.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I vote psu as well. Great trails, some of the best early mtb innovators came from happy valley, school cycling team, very competitive education, excellent party and music scene.

I'm a bit biased as i lost a few years there right out of high school. Still a lot of great friends down there.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    i like the idea of a good music scene (i've been a singer longer than i've been a biker)
    but it seems every site i go to doesn't show anything about their involvment in the mt bike community. whats up with that? if had a college right on the mountain i'd advertise the hell out of it.
    everybody makes mistakes. this whole thread is one of mine enjoy.http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=625231

Afric Pepperbird

Or check out a school where they spell "friends" correctly. Your signature line has a couple of misspells.

mtbr member
    i like the idea of a good music scene (i've been a singer longer than i've been a biker)
    but it seems every site i go to doesn't show anything about their involvment in the mt bike community. whats up with that? if had a college right on the mountain i'd advertise the hell out of it.
    they advertise for the party school.
    you never see a super model showing of her cooking skills...
    count your blessings

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Ask these guys about penn state cycling.

http://www.thebicycleshopinc.com/

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I heard Lafayette is better...... just poking at the rivalry
    Yeah, the football game with them's a classic but who wants to look at a view of Easton and N.J. when there's rock-garden filled singletrack to be had?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer
    Or check out a school where they spell "friends" correctly. Your signature line has a couple of misspells.
    Give him a break he hasn't been to collage yet

mtbr member
    You might look at Northern Michigan University in Marquette, Michigan. There are excellent trails in riding distance from campus.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Indiana University in Bloomington. Great trails all around there and a pretty good education while you're at it. Little 500 is going on right now!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast