mtbr member
    May 2012

1st Norcal league race tomorrow!!!!

I am racing D2 Sophomore. So Pumped! Racing for Santa Cruz Mountains Composite.

J-Flo
    Apr 2012

East Garrison Looking Good

I rode three laps on the East Garrison course with my son's team today, practicing for tomorrow. Conditions are good (unlike last year, when it was freezing rain) and the course is well-laid out with a good mix of flow and passing areas here and there. Because it is dry, there is a reasonable amount of loose sand in some spots and I saw more than a few kids go down today because they were laying on the front brake or had weight too far forward. (Coaches -- warn your teams -- no front brake in the sand; just sit back, pedal, and let 'er drift.) Should be a smaller group than last year for these early races when we are divided into "North" and "South," but it is always exciting with so many new riders and families coming aboard for their first race!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfloren View Post
    I rode three laps on the East Garrison course with my son's team today, practicing for tomorrow. Conditions are good (unlike last year, when it was freezing rain) and the course is well-laid out with a good mix of flow and passing areas here and there. Because it is dry, there is a reasonable amount of loose sand in some spots and I saw more than a few kids go down today because they were laying on the front brake or had weight too far forward. (Coaches -- warn your teams -- no front brake in the sand; just sit back, pedal, and let 'er drift.) Should be a smaller group than last year for these early races when we are divided into "North" and "South," but it is always exciting with so many new riders and families coming aboard for their first race!
    This is actually my second season racing NorCal but my team has a bunch of new guys. I am pretty good at the sand traps because I have raced at Ft Ord multiple times. THe course this weekend is actually the same as the course we raced last weekend for the CCCX Series, so I am pretty familiar with it.