Rider, Builder, Dreamer

X-POST: CranX Bike Park in Syracuse...

...IS OPEN!!!!!

Went today. 4 of us piled into the Cherokee with bikes and made the 2 hour drive from Oneonta. Met up with 2 of our alumni and past club presidents, as well as our buddies from Binghamton. Here's what I think:

-CranX is not Ray's. Don't expect it to be.

-It is fun. Go there and ride.

-At the time, first-time registration takes a while because they have to put you into the system. However you get a keychain pass card and get your photo taken, so after the first visit checkin will be faster.
    -Even though the indoor space is roughly on par with that of Ray's, it is not planned as efficiently at Ray's. However it is their first attempt and they built it all in 3 months. Give it time.

-Right now the place is pretty BMX/jumper heavy in my opinion. They will be building outside though, and may very well incorporate some more trail MTB stuff in there. (just a guess)

-The XC loop on top is shorter than Ray's and does not drop into the big terrain features like the one at Ray's. However it does have some sweet tech features on it and the exit ramp is a down-flat-down that has great potential to be gapped. You then go barrelling into a monstrous wallride that is super photo-worthy.

-The jumps are big. Bring your testicles. Or a good bag of excuses.

-There are vending machines for drinks only and they are $3 and change each. Bring drinks.

-There are flyers up for a pizza place. It seems kinda pricey ($13 for a large cheese pizza) but it is absolutely DELICIOUS and it got there faster than they told me it would. That's a win in my book.

Overall it was a fun place and I'm sure it will continue to develop and get even more rad and awesome. Got me stoked to make the annual pilgimmage to Ray's in 2 weeks!

Thanks for the write up. I X-posted in PA, as I know alot of guys down here are interested in Cranx as well.

mtbr member
    on travel for work, its about 5 miles from my house so once i am home i will be hitting it up. season pass seams a little pricey seeing as how it will be seasonal but maybe it will be worth while!
    Trek Fuel EX 6
    Cannondale F5
    Felt Z100

My photos