Feb 2012

WNY riders

Hi all I'm going riding at Sprague Brook around 3 today any up for a ride

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 420Treks View Post
    Hi all I'm going riding at Sprague Brook around 3 today any up for a ride
    I was there yesterday but I didn't hit the trail until almost 5. Amazing conditions. Were you the guy with the go-pro camera on your helmet?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bennymack View Post
    I was there yesterday but I didn't hit the trail until almost 5. Amazing conditions. Were you the guy with the go-pro camera on your helmet?
    Hi bennymack, yes that was me. I was in there since 4 and had a great time. It was my first time at Sprague Brooke park. I also got some great takes on some DH lines.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    How is Sprague Brooke? Good for AM? Live on Rochester and get home from deployment soon, need a good ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I live in Rochester and have only raced at Spraguebrook, so I may not know all of the trails there, but I would say there are a lot of places right in Rochester that are at least as good as Sprague. Check out the GROC website for local trail info.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I'm from Rochester and make the trip down to Sprague once or twice per season. I REALLY like Sprague. What I like is doing the loop counter clockwise, it feels like 1 long trail starting and ending in the parking lot up front. While there are some great trails in the Rochester area, most of them to me feel like a bunch of short trails that you need to link together. (I.E. Dryer & Tryon). Coming up with a pre-planned route or making it up as you go along. Also most of the Rochester trails seem to have alot of up/ downs. Sprague has very little real climbing and has a real nice flow to it. I can ride there alot longer without tiring out, compared to most trails around Rochester.

just my 2 cents

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ipalmer13 View Post
    How is Sprague Brooke? Good for AM? Live on Rochester and get home from deployment soon, need a good ride.
    Sprague doesn't really have any all mountain riding if that's what you meant. Plus we just got hit with over half an inch of rain so it probably won't be the best conditions tomorrow morning either.

I'd definitely suggest riding Dryer road if you're already in the Rochester area. It does have some all mountain type riding. Probably the best trails there for jumps and drops are C.M.P (crap my pants), The Den, Black Widow, and there's another right near CMP that's not bad but I forget what it's called. And then there's also Tryon which has some no sh*t downhilly type riding coming straight down the side of a big hill. I did not ride it the one time I was there but it looked like the real thing.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Yea I work out in victor once a week when I'm home and hit up Dryer every chance I get, love it there.