mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Windham World XC course question

I will be in New York in May to race the American Zofingen duathlon and thought it would be fun to do an easy lap or two on the world championship course the next day( a SLOW and EASY lap) on my way home. After all, how often do you get to ride the same course as the big boys/girls? Does anyone know if the course is marked and open in may?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidthefridgeguy View Post
    I will be in New York in May to race the American Zofingen duathlon and thought it would be fun to do an easy lap or two on the world championship course the next day( a SLOW and EASY lap) on my way home. After all, how often do you get to ride the same course as the big boys/girls? Does anyone know if the course is marked and open in may?
    Figure I would comment in case you don't get any responses. I'm almost positive the course will not be marked, I believe NYS DEC does not allow the courses to be marked except the day before and of the race. I've ridden there a month before the World Cup and it was fairly easy to follow but I also had an idea where to go. If you want, send me a PM and I'll send my strava link from the course if that is helpful. You could also call Windham Mountain Outfitters who are the ones that help put the course together as well as the World Cup. They could probably give you an idea if anyone has been riding the course or help you figure things out and the shop is literally right down the street from the Windham Mtn. parking lot. Hope this helps.
    "Like" the Brewery Ommegang facebook team page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...18356588347806

mtbr member
    I read there is no more world cup at windham for '13. Bummer I had a blast watching the races the past three years.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by masterofnone View Post
    I read there is no more world cup at windham for '13. Bummer I had a blast watching the races the past three years.
    Yeah that does suck but the NYS series will be there at the end of June still, so the course will have to be worked on for that.
    "Like" the Brewery Ommegang facebook team page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...18356588347806