Public Figure

Where to Ride (Paul Smith's College)

Paul Smith's is a possible college choice of mine. I ride XC/AM. I'm looking for any information on nearby trails, websites, etc... What school I choose greatly depends on access to trials. Will have a car.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Decent stuff up that way.

If you're into DH, obviously, Whiteface has a big scene. Check out Downhill Mike: Whiteface Mountain Bike Park - Home.

If you want more XC, I'd recommend the Barkeater Maps: Home | Barkeater Trails Alliance Best Adirondack Mountain Bike Trails

Closer to the campus, there's some stuff near Fish Creek Pond campground. Here's a couple of TRs I did on my blog: Otter Creek Trail. Floodwood Loop. I also did the Deer Pond Loop, but didn't do a report.

The best resource for trails around there (and there are a pretty good amount) is the DEC website (download the Google Earth Map of MTB trails). A lot of the the stuff is snowmobile trail and old work road (may not be the most ridable trails in the world), but they are at least fun to explore, and they are definitely adventurous. I'm going to do a little more exploring this summer (my parents' camp is right near there)
    Last edited by mattchuck2; 02-28-2012 at 05:20 AM.

Public Figure
    Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Clarkson Unv. has some decent trails on campus.

DH tracks @ 7Springs and awesome trails @ hannawa falls.

Potsdam has a decent scene
    2012 Nomad Carbon

2011 V-10 Carbon

Moto Becane Roady

2012 KTM 250 XC-W

"Trying is the first step towards failure"

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    i'm heading up to wilmington/lake placid today.... havent been there yet but i'll report on the trails...

bighitboy have you riden the stuff around clarkson? i need a direction on how to access these trails i heard they can be a good ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Hardy road was in great shape last weekend