Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    I am in the midst of conducting an experiment and am trying neoprene fishing gloves and neoprene socks to battle the cold this year. I will let you know how it works out.

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by huffster View Post
    Hutch - I live down in Rockland County, NY. Only about 2-3" before the rain packed it down. That made me think I could go out and ride today.

I didn't think about the fact that I was heading north to Stewart State Forest in Orange County. There was more like 4-6" thin coated with frozen rain. It was a good thing I picked a place that does have snowmobile trails since the singletrack was unridable. You would just break through the crust and sink 4"+ and stop. I managed to run around in the sled tracks for a couple hours. It was slow going, but it was riding.

More snow expected this weekend, that may put an end to it. Then I'll be relegated to the road and the gym...until it melts.
    Up here we're only supposed to get 1-3 inches more but temps are also going to be dropping into the teens keeping most of the snow at the current levels. It is sad.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

'Tis but a scratch
    Had a bit of a ball-breaker of a ride on New Years Day trying to make a loop at Ringwood State Park. Snow was still fighting me so it was about 1/2 hike-a-bike and 1/2 ride-a-bike. As the saying goes "A bad day of _________ is better than a good day of work". I wouldn't go so far as to call it a bad day, just tough. Anyway, I've got some intel that Allaire State Park down in Farmingdale, NJ is very ridable...so I'm working that into my "work schedule" tomorrow. Temp is supposed to be around 30 - sounds balmy!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Plenty of snow on the ground around here, plus it was -12F when I left for work this morning. I think it's time for me to hang the bike up for a bit.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jmitchell13 View Post
    Plenty of snow on the ground around here, plus it was -12F when I left for work this morning. I think it's time for me to hang the bike up for a bit.
    Wow, i thought it was bad here in nyc where its been 23 and 25 the last 2 mornings

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    Well, for a follow up of your question OP, the snow in Upstate NY has come. Riding has come to a stop. Who else was hit with a substantial amount of snow? More this weekend....
    Up by Lake George we have 10 inches or so. Some of the trails have been packed down by snowmobiles and snowshoes so they are somewhat rid-able. What I generally do is climb some of the old logging roads north of west mountain to get a decent workout in but it's not nearly as interesting as riding the regular season trails. Keep in mind (I've learned the hard way) if you climb and sweat be sure to have a second skull cap/balaclava or baggy shorts over tights because it can brutally cold on the way down.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2