Thread: visiting RI

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

visiting RI

Hey,
    I will be attending a 2 week class at the GMATS school in RI and was wondering if there are any local group rides? I've seen a few things posted about Big River, any info would be great. I ride mostly in Pisgah NC, and not real sure what the scene is like up there in RI.

Thanks,
    Brian

Rez
    mtbr member
    Brian,

You may want to post in the Connecticut/Rhode Island forum as Rhode Island is not part of New York.

But here is some information that may help you. There are three main riding areas in RI

Arcadia Management: this is the largest of the three areas 14,000 acres that abuts another 20,000 acres in CT. The trial system is from free ride to mellow and it is my favorite of the 3 parks.
    NEMBA: New England Mountain Bike Association - Places To Ride

Big River: Is under 10,000 acres and has an excellent trail network but it can be a little confusing as the trial crisscross and are maze like. There is a Thursday night NEMBA ride that attracts 10 to 30 people. Of which break up into 3 groups (fast, med, donít care).
    RI NEMBA Ľ Big River / Carr Pond

Lincoln Woods: Smaller area outside Providence that has a Monday night ride out of Blackstone Bicycles (Brandon). The area is small with a ton of ups and downs. They have free ride to XC
    Lincoln_Woods

Here two other notables:
    Burlingame: This area is near the beaches and URI. It has no elevation but it is still a nice place to spend a day. I think they have a Wednesday night ride
    RI NEMBA Ľ Burlingame State Park

Also Diamond Hill: It has 3 to 4 free ride trials

Good luck
    What goes up must come down

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Tks

Cool thanks for all the info, that gives me some nice options.

Thanks again,
    Brian