mtbr member

Stewart Forest Trail conditions?

I was hoping to ride there on Thursday of this week and I was wondering if yesterdays storm caused any trail damage.

If anyone is riding there today or tomorrow I would appreciate some feedback!

Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I'm going on Saturday, don't know if it will help, but I'll postup the conditions when I get home.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Ape View Post
    I'm going on Saturday, don't know if it will help, but I'll postup the conditions when I get home.
    I took off work on Wednesday to go to Stewart, it drizzled in the am and the forecast was for a 60% chance of rain so I never went and it never rained! It is one hour from the house so I cannot waste a trip.

I should get there tomorrow, thanks and enjoy!

bikeaholic
    Aug 2004
    The rain never came up this far north, Stewart should be good.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Stewart is good to go

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

Worried about Hunters @ Stewart

I'm new to the mtbr forum community so thanks in advance. I've been riding Stewart all summer long but I am now thinking twice about riding with hunting season now open. Is this a legitimate concern? Are there areas I should avoid? I know member rickcin said I should be ok, but wanted to get everyone's opinion. thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Ape View Post
    Stewart is good to go

bikeaholic
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zipoteloco View Post
    I'm new to the mtbr forum community so thanks in advance. I've been riding Stewart all summer long but I am now thinking twice about riding with hunting season now open. Is this a legitimate concern? Are there areas I should avoid? I know member rickcin said I should be ok, but wanted to get everyone's opinion. thanks again
    I'd stay out of there during hunting season, at least during the day. If you're riding at night you should be alright. DEC is pretty strict about keeping people out during hunting season and IMO it's not worth the risk of getting shot by mistake. Stranger things have happened.

mtbr member
    I guess you need to do whatever you are comfortable with and the local Ranger has given me enough confidence to feel safe. I obviously will have a bright colored Jersey on and follow the Rangers advice to ride the trail on the opposite side of the road where the vehicles are parked. Hunters must stay on whatever side of the road that they were assigned to and cannot cross the road to hunt.

Tomorrow will be my last day riding Stewart for the season, hopefully just for this season!